RkyMtnHigh

An experience that has changed your life?

The biggest life changing experience for me was when my Daddy died. Even though it was the most difficult time of my life and still hurts, I am a stronger person because of it.

I now live every day of my life to the fullest knowing that he’s looking down smiling and proud of me!

:) :)
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

When a friend dies, it teaches you mortality.

When a parent dies, it makes you the adult. There is no "fallback" plan. You have to take care of yourself.

The question, "Is this how I will spend my next 20 years?", will make you examine the state of your life. It may get you motivated, divorced, or casual.

The day my son was born.

Back surgery - made me realize that life is meant to be lived.

The Landmark Forum.

JFTC 2002 - from this I learned that I really can set and meet goals. And I met some really awesome people too.

Hurricane Jeanne - taught me that "stuff" isn't nearly as important as I thought it was. Even though I lost stuff with sentimental value, I still have the memories that went along with it and nobody can take those away from me.

And I'm hoping that my visit to the doctor later today doesn't change my life... but it probably will... [:/]

Have you had an experience that has changed your life or has been a turning point in your life? If so, feel free to share....

Sex.B|

Changed me forever.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

1996 Jan 4 and May 28th

Jan 4 was the day my grandpa died from Liver Cancer. It completely destroyed me. May 28th His wife died from complications from a fall she had and burst gall bladder. That just make it worse.

These two people were my Late Fathers parents my only link to him and now that i'm older i realize i could have used them for advice in life. I wasn't able to be there to take care of them i wasn't even able to say goodbye. It changed the way i thought about family and made me jump at the chance to uproot my life from Louisiana and move to California to help my brother take care of my other set of grandparents. Its what drove me to be there every minute i could when grandpa had a stroke and for the next six months until he passed in his sleep. Its whats making it so hard to go out on my own now with grandma in and out of the hospital.

Its also whats making me want to be an EMS Helicopter Pilot.

So in a shorter version the death of my grandparents when i was a freshman in highschool shaped me into someone that like to take care of people.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

The day each of my kids were born.

The day I found out that I was going to Desert Storm.

The day that I graduated from Parris Island.

The day that I made my first skydive.:S

The day that Skymama swore out a restraining order.:D

. . . and the day you let me fly with you . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

1. the day my daughter was born
2. the day my son was born
3. the day I received the 1st Cancer diagnosis
4. the day I was told the Cancer was in remission
5. the day I received the 2nd Cancer diagnosis
6. the day I met someone very special to me
7. the day I was told the Cancer was in remission....again
8. my 1st skydive
9. the day I received my 3rd Cancer diagnosis
10. the day I was told that, once again, the Cancer was in remission.

Everyday that I wake up, I am grateful to do so. I will never waste another second of time. I will never miss another opportunity to tell my children that I love them and to hug them, even when they find it embarrassing. I will always try to find the joy in any moment, good or bad. I will never be selfish, mean or uncaring to my fellow man again. The 10 days above not only changed my life on that day, but they continue to change my life everyday and for that I am grateful.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Yup. That was the one that collapsed.

Don't worry about asking. There's a difference in compasion and a desire to know and being an uncaring ass. Too many people outside of Texas didn't understand why and they didn't understand the wide spread suffering by many people due to it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."