base428

Postage Paid Envelope Revenge!

Did you know you can use postage paid envelopes to mail up to 70 lbs of household junk back to the sender? Tired of receiving unsolicited credit card offers in the mail? Attach their postage paid envelope to a brick (or similar heavy object) and mail their junk back to them at their expense. It's completely legal...

Postage Paid Envelope Revenge

PDF Version

AMEX just screwed me out of $100 on a cash rebate award last month......so I mailed them a 17 lb concrete block last week, along with the full name of the customer service manager who wouldn't help me. More packages are on the way.

MCI banned me from mailing them anything a few years ago. I mailed them tires, rims, and boxes of shingles a few years ago because they were mailing and calling me many times each week.

If you're too scared to plop down a 56 lb postage paid rock on the US Postal Service countertop, then at least stuff the postage paid envelope and mail it back at their expense.

Join the fight against unsolicted trash in our mailboxes. Support the USPS. Get rid of that old nasty tire in your garage that the garbage man won't take!;)
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

About a year ago I started returning all the junk mail I got back to the sender in the prepaid envelope. I would also black out the little scan things, since someone told me that without those, it cost the company more money. Having something to do with bulk postage. I would write in big black letters across my name....Remove me!

As of today, I am almost junk mail free:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Harassment? You mean them harassing me with repeated phone calls and mailings each week, right?
I've been doing this for many years.....there's no harassment in mailing back the junk they litter my mailbox with. I would welcome the opportunity to fight MCI or AMEX in a harassment lawsuit.

Please enlighten us to how these mailings would be considered harassment, or details of the naughty list you spoke of.

Harassment via the USPS may get you on a list that you do not want to be on

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I send them mailbox ad inserts. My mailbox gets filled up with ads from grocery stores, furniture stores, etc. I put them into the envelope.

It is kind of like recycling, plus you have the added bonus of knowing that you may be helping. They may want the discount coupons. ;) Somehow it's good karma. :D

Like I said above, I've been doing it for some time now, and I don't think I've been put on any "list".

I'm with you, filling my mail box up with junk that I have to fill my trash up with (btw, I have to pay for trash pick up) is harassment. I didn't ask for that stuff, just like I don't ask to be called in the evenings asking me if I want my carpet cleaned.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

just like I don't ask to be called in the evenings asking me if I want my carpet cleaned.

Maybe you misunderstood the meaning of that call Mar...:o:D

Is that why she keeps hanging up?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

just like I don't ask to be called in the evenings asking me if I want my carpet cleaned.

Maybe you misunderstood the meaning of that call Mar...:o:D

:o I get it now!

Maybe I should have them come over and service me too;)

About a year ago I started returning all the junk mail I got back to the sender in the prepaid envelope.

Used to do that also. I'd cut up the credit card offers and mail them back. Just got to be too much of a hassle mailing all that shit back to them.:S I just cut it up and dump it now.

No, no, don't give up. I felt that way at one time, but I promise you, it does die off. I am almost junk mail free now. I get maybe three a week. It's so worth the work.

Just take a black marker and black out all the information except your name. Write across it in big black letters

Remove from list

I knew of some people who filled up those junk mail return envelopes with religious pamphlets from their church! They actually counted this as their missionary work of spreading the gospel. :ph34r:

Hey, it was free advertising, right? ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

BUMP

this is a sweet idea. Are we keeping a total poundage tally for how much sent, or how many companies have banned us from sending them postage paid envelopes.
In this case, you win, with one. Give me some time to work on this.
Rocks you say, huh? how about old rotors from car brakes?

Funniest post I have read yet. I wasn't understanding it, until I read the directions on your web page.
Cardboard shipping box: $2, if not found free.
Roll of packing tape: $2.50
Shipping junk (in 50 lb increments) to junkmailers: PRICELESS

Thomas

How very clever.

I've now got a way to get rid of non-functional CRTs that won't soak me...:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

From the site

If they try to give you a hard time, be sure to advise them that this is totally legal and you have the right to do so as long as you are within USPS guidelines.

A lot of people make the mistake that because the Post Office is regulated by the government that people have inaliable rights to do certain things. Most of the time it's not true. The government treats the Post Office like any other regulated business, so you don't have any more "rights" with them than you do with, say, your local telephone provider.

That having been said, definitely have fun with it while it lasts :)