wilcox

your favourite blues song

what sort of blues?
Delta
Chicago
East Coat
Rythm & Blues?

Need more info, I have about 120 Blues CDs and Vynl Albums Ranging from Robert Johnson, to the Black Keys
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Blind gary Davis (reverend)

May not be to your taste, but that guy makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I'm a collector of tennor sax breaks (the break you used to get in the middle of older songs)

Gone fishing

Check-out... Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, John Lee Hooker. Just a look into these artists will lead you to others.

Chuck

Also Big Bill Broonzy, sonny Terry Brownie McGhee, Howlin Wolf Bo didly, Lightning Hopkins. etc......:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I really like Robert Johnson's stuff.

Robert Johnson -- "Hell Hound On My Tail"

That is one of my favorites.

Pretty much anything SRV played as well, although he did cover quite a few Robert Johnson songs.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

For electric guitar based blues you might start with Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I have a huge blues collection, but to scale it down, my Ipod blues genre has some of the following in it:

albert collins, albert king, allman brothers, alvin youngblood hart, bb king, buddy guy, eric clapton, etta james, howlin wolf, james cotton, jimi hendrix, john lee hooker, john mayall, junior wells, kelly joe phelps, lucinda williams, luther allison, muddy waters, robert johnson, stevie ray vaughn, taj mahal, van morrison.

Check-out... Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, Lightnin' Hopkins, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, John Lee Hooker. Just a look into these artists will lead you to others.

Chuck

Also Big Bill Broonzy, sonny Terry Brownie McGhee, Howlin Wolf Bo didly, Lightning Hopkins. etc......:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Just to name a few!:D I had the opportunity, when I was a teenager, to see James Cotton. With 'special guests'... Brownie McGee and Sonny Terry. One of my favorites, Henry Johnson, didn't put-out too much stuff but, what he did was really good. 'Join the Army Blues' is one that'll knock your socks off. For some good 'British Blues', John Mayall and The Blues Breakers aren't too shabby. The late, Brian Jones was damned good on slide guitar.;)

Chuck

I just picked up a live Muddy Waters CD that kicks ass..............everyone has listed the most well known blues players, but check out Leadbelly and RL Burnside. Leadbelly is more traditional Mississippi Blues and Burnside is hard electric blues. Ass Pocket of Whisky is a good one!:)
It is very sad that no one is replacing the blues players and it is a style that will be gone forever in the near future. There are no more Muddy Waters, Albert Collins or even a Gate Mouth Brown. And when BB King goes in, it will really mark the end![:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

It is very sad that no one is replacing the blues players and it is a style that will be gone forever in the near future. There are no more Muddy Waters, Albert Collins or even a Gate Mouth Brown. And when BB King goes in, it will really mark the end![:/]

I attend a couple of Blues festivals every year, the Blues is alive and well down under.

I agree with R L Burnside, his "come on over" album rocksB|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?