Twoply

What would your first move be if you won the $294 million lottery?

Two?? Just two??

With that kinda money, You could get atleast 20 and have them just do each other. Why do al the work if you dont have to.:D:D

You didn't catch this the first time around? It's a quote from Office Space. I can't change what Lawrence said in the movie, or make him any wiser. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

First, I'd make them pay me with coins. None of this "check" stuff. All quarters and nickels (dimes are too easy to lose).

I remember the time that a bunch of us went to Couch Freaks. Early in the morning, we took pics of ourselves naked on the front lawn of a local jumper because they were was out of town. Then, once a month, we mailed them a pic.

That's what I would do. Drive all over the country in a 16-yd dump truck full of quarters and nickels. Wait for people to go to work, then take pictures in their front yards.

I'd also drive a lot of toll roads. "Why yes, I do have correct change." :ph34r:

I'd do everything possible to not tell a soul. If my name was made public, I'd petition for a name change and relocate. I would want nobody knowing that I am a multimillionaire lotto winner. My mom would have no idea why her house was paid off and she was receiving $20k per month from an anonymous benefactor.

The same would happen with oher members of my family.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

1. I'd hire a lawyer & a CPA.
2. I'd make a long list of the people who can kiss my ass.
3. I'd live off the interest and never touch the $294M.

294M @ 4% Annual interest = 11.8M

I could live on that.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

4% Annual interest

Uhhh.. I would be looking for a new CPA and Broker.
4% sucks.

I was just throwing a figure out there . . . I didn't look up the current interest rates.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

4% Annual interest

Uhhh.. I would be looking for a new CPA and Broker.
4% sucks.

But, 4% w/minimal risk to the principle is better IMHO to 20% with a murderously high risk of principle.

And take into account that w/$294M as the prize, you'd be lucky to see $140M after taxes
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

My first move would be out of Lousyana....er....I mean Louisiana. Either way, I would so leave this cesspool in the rearview.

with 294M

You could start your own country.

Maybe I could use the 294 mil to pay France to take this piece of crap back. As a matter of fact we ought to just make them take it back. Wait a minute, getting close to SC territory. Oh well, there's a lot of other things I'd do too, but that would definitely be the first move.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

And take into account that w/$294M as the prize, you'd be lucky to see $140M after taxes

That's the deal breaker. I just couldn't live on $140M. ;)

Tax shelters would be needed.:)