ACMESkydiver

What's The WORST Kind of Physical Pain?

-EXCLUDING child birth because not everyone has/can experience that, whatcha think?

I HATE tooth pain. >:(:(:S Hate it hate it hate it!!

I did nearly pass out when I broke my ankle and had to suffer crawling around with nobody to help. Yeah, that sucked. :|

Also hurt when I broke both feet at the same time then had to march on them for about 26 miles in the next 5 days...

But those toofers!! [:/] I HATE it when my teeth hurt!

How 'bout you?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Broke my back, that hurt like a bitch.
Bruised the bone in my upper arm, that hurt a long time (Dr. had some twenty syllable word for it)
Had teeth broken/knocked out. Yep, it hurts.
Got some sheet time from road rash. Only hurt when I moved, which was a lot.
Tripped and landed flat on me belly in a patch of them damn little cactus plants that grow all over Wyoming...YOUCH!
But the worst pain, the absolute WORST pain that I wouldn't wish on anyone, was when I was scalded by boiling water. I would rather die than go through that again.:|

I couple years ago I got 3rd degree burns on my shoulders from running around a water park for 2 days with no sunscreen. Worst pain I have ever felt. I had to spend the next 2 weeks walking around the house topless because I could stand to have even a loose fitting shirt on. Not to mention the pain when I tried to move my arms. Deffinately worse than when I broke my arm or any tooth problems I've had. Even worse than when I almost broke both of my legs by landing on some pipes in August.

Although I did pass out when I broke my big toe (walking down the stairs sober I might add), the worst pain I ever had was dental.

I had a root canal done on a Thursday afternoon. On Friday afternoon I was having some discomfort. I called the dentist to ask if there's something wrong. The receptionist (who later was repremanded for giving medical advice with only her Mrs. degree) told me just to take some Tylonal or Advil and I would be fine. I found myself at the dentist office at 1AM Sunday morning (having not slept since Thursday night because of the pain) with another pain prescription (already on two different ones at this point), another antibiotic (already one one other), and anti-inflammitory drug, plus he gave me a shot of novicane laced with steriods so it would be numb for at least 10 hours so I could get some sleep and poked a hole in my gums to relieve some of the pressure.

Multiple pain killers were so I could take them 1-2 hours apart and not become addicted. Multiple antibiotics were to make sure I was taking something that would kill whatever it was that was that was causing the excruciating pain. And the shot of novicane/steriods...well, that was just a gift from God.

That was the worst pain ever. Period. Without a doubt.

And I would say that even if I didn't slightly over dose on the pain killers (I hadn't eaten anything for a few days) and thrown up at 3am at a 24 hour Walgreens.

I had a UTI once and never ever want one again. OMG, i would start crying right before i peed cause i knew it was gonna hurt so bad.

Yeah, anything that makes you feel like your bladder is actually going to FALL OUT OF YOUR BODY (and makes you start to think that might be preferable to the pain)... is not a good thing.:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

this is second hand so i do my best. my wife had back surgery to correct scoleosis (spelling?) and her pancrease got bumped...turn into pancreatitus. she could not eat for 3 months, so every day, to keep her stomach from digesting itself, and shrinking, the nurses would shove a tube down her throat, fill her stomach with saline, and drain it. this procedure was actually less painfull then the starvation pain. she was kept alive by introvenus IV, but got down to 85 pounds at age 17.

so one day, she is sitting there in bed, going nuts from not eating for 2 months. this cheerio has been sitting on the floor for 2 days under the next patients bed...yep, she gave in...and it tasted good. think about this next time you feel like your starving...:o

i think that head injuries are the worst. most pain is purely mental, a mind over matter situation. with my experiences in broken bones, burns and lacerations, pain is something that just need to learn how to look past. When it comes to pain inside my head, like concussions, i find it alot harder to put the pain out of focus

i think that head injuries are the worst. most pain is purely mental, a mind over matter situation. with my experiences in broken bones, burns and lacerations, pain is something that just need to learn how to look past. When it comes to pain inside my head, like concussions, i find it alot harder to put the pain out of focus

i would agree. my wife explains how its a mental game. isolate the pain, hold it in your hands, put it aside. i know she can do this based on some of the rough landings she has had. this girl can take more pain than anyone, i'll say it again, anyone i have ever met. she has 4 fused vertabre, but does yoga every day to control the pain...to her, its all about beating the pain, with no drugs.

I'm voting dental right now b/c the wisdom tooth that was bothering me a few weeks ago just from "growing pains" I now find out is chipped all the way to the center/nerve.yeah I was stupid and actually put my fingernail in it to see how bad it was and I thought I was gonna die when it scratched over the nerve.B| Yes, I'm stupid and I'm in pain.:|

But also, I have to say joint pain of any kind is a bitch. If I have any advice for anyone its 'be kind to your knees b/c you'll miss them when they're gone!':|

My 3rd worst pain that I've personally experienced is a migraine headache."just a headache" my ass! You cant take any kind of light,sound,movement anything w/o pain! It feels like you eyes are full of sand and theres a crackhead with a jackhammer in your skull.Migraines are something I only wish on my worst enemies.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

For me, it wasn't the explosion causing the loss of my leg. It was just before one of my surgeries, where the ropivacaine push wasn't put in yet for my sciatic nerve. As I was being put under GA, the surgeon moved my residual limb, holding it from the distal-bottom end of the stump.

The shot of pain caused me to scream in a fashion that I could never duplicate. It left me whimpering on the table. The surgeon was so sorry, and I choked back the tears, covering my eyes, I said, "We're okay sir, let's proceed with the wash-out."

I swear, I would've admitted to being the guy on the grassy knoll if someone had asked at that moment. That second of pain was worse on scale than even the moment of injury. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was easily a 437... :o

I'll remember that moment. Oh yeah.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The worst pain I've experienced was a broken forearm. I honestly feel that it's totally unnecessary for your bones to be completely coated in nerves. At least once you know something is broken. Damn that pain and it's "usefulness".

A broken arm is nothing. Well yeah, I broke my radius bone going out the door on an Otter on a 100 way years ago. It hurt for a short time but afterwards, it wasn't hard to keep it still and pain free. A broken rib, however, is a totally different thing! B|B|B|

I FUCKING HATE BROKEN RIBS!!!!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban