NickDG

JFK Ground Controller Loses It . . .

There's really not a good face to express myself trying to follow along... but this is the best I could do...:o Jaw dropped.... that's all... Glad I don't do that job. Good thing they're not layin' guys off... we don't want post office issues at the airports.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

well, if the guy ever needs a vacation, I'm sure he'd love to come here and work. A busy day here at our airfield is usually MAYBE 10 birds all day:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

... by your thread title, i figured i was gonna be hearing a meltdown......

but that guy stayed pretty much on top of all the confusion that seemed to be going on...
Very interesting bit of audio....I enjoyed listening to it all... my youngest brother has been ATC for 20 + years, some at Newark, some at Poughkeepsie, ( hahaha ) and Last 10 or 12 years at Dulles.... he is sooo laid back, and seemingly not ruffled by all the STRESS... same thing, with this Pro.... But to think these controllers do this work at this pace,,, ALL day long,,,,, and then the weather Hits.....I guess they earn THEIR pay.....
At least the ATC guys are insulated from the weary travelers who frequent their airports...
thanks for the links...
jmy

I am always amazed at how those guys can keep things flowing with any sort of order. The conversations between controllers and pilots is always one step from turning into a "Who's on first" routine. I have nothing but respect for them. :)

I couldn't follow along...all I could follow was it was a cluster fuck, and Jet Blue kept screwing things up.

God love that ATC...he managed to get it handled.

I've always loved listening to ATC, but had no idea they were as laid back as that guy. And yes, he did keep his sense of humor...as did some pilots. "Meet you in the Duty Free shop..." sounded like a great idea.

Thanks for the find, and for the posting.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Quick question - wasn't there a website that had all air traffic over the US at the same time somewhere? Anyone got the address for that? I'd love to watch some of that.

Ciels-
Michele

O.K., I know that was sped up and all, but still...wow. I can't imagine what some of those pilots were thinking...what looked like some serious close calls happened. Man oh man.

Ciels-
Michele

And another fun video about the stuff ATC has to deal with - pilots, too! This one apparently of a radar track of planes approaching Memphis at the same time a storm is approaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQeNAyLDxQ

This is an AMAZING video - I never get tired of watching it.

For JFK this sounds pretty typical. Newark, JFK, LGA.... god bless all of em.

I've had to do some credit hours in the ATC simulator for my degree in Aviation Meteorology, and if you think this guy had a melt down, you should've seen the students in the sims. I don't think I've ever said so many four letter words in my life!! :D
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I'm still just a student pilot, but the most scared I have ever been was flying into O'hara. The airline had a channel that you could listen to ATC. The ground control wasn't even waiting for acknowledgement from the planes because they were so busy...:| makes you wonder how they don't have more accidents

Those guys are freaking amazing...I could never do what they do...I would be cross eyed and have pulled my hair out.

:D to them!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto