PhreeZone

WFFC 2007 CANCELLED

why not move it to Europe if your all tired of it we will take if off your hands for free;):)

]Because we actually need more than 1 day of sun per month.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I was trying to log onto the Losers website to see if you had something up your sleeves. Now that I have that secret password that is only about 13 characters long (~!) I can keep track of what you guys are up to, although I will admit that I don't relax very well. Is there anything I can help with?
Beth

This just in:

John and Lianne have just announced that they are getting married Saturday, August 11 at their new home (which is also our new DZ).
They have contracted to have a PAC750XL here for Saturday and Sunday, August 11-12, 2007.
If there are enough jumpers committed to be here on Friday, August 10 we will have the PAC doing loads on the 10th also.

It would be great if you could join us to celebrate their wedding! Since they will be busy getting married during the boogie, I am sure they could use your help with logistics ;)

Edit: FYI ... John and Lianne were planning on getting married during the 2007 WFFC over Rantoul. Now that they've made alternate arrangements, they will still be able to get married over Rantoul this summer!! B|

I was trying to log onto the Losers website to see if you had something up your sleeves. Now that I have that secret password that is only about 13 characters long (~!) I can keep track of what you guys are up to, although I will admit that I don't relax very well. Is there anything I can help with?
Beth

This just in:

John and Lianne have just announced that they are getting married Saturday, August 11 at their new home (which is also our new DZ).
They have contracted to have a PAC750XL here for Saturday and Sunday, August 11-12, 2007.
If there are enough jumpers committed to be here on Friday, August 10 we will have the PAC doing loads on the 10th also.

It would be great if you could join us to celebrate their wedding! Since they will be busy getting married during the boogie, I am sure they could use your help with logistics ;)

Edit: FYI ... John and Lianne were planning on getting married during the 2007 WFFC over Rantoul. Now that they've made alternate arrangements, they will still be able to get married over Rantoul this summer!! B|

Hmmmmm.......
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Yup ... I heard the sad news too.

I had one oportunity to go to WFFC, that was 2006, and I did, and promised I would go each year...

I had big plans for the WFFC 2007 this year, but now, after hearing this, quite bummed - But not as bummed as I would have been if I missed WFFC 2006 last year!

This is why my momma always told me - You see any opportunity, grab it while you can!

I am sure something else would come up, either a bigger boogie somewhere else, or "extras" at boogies all through the summer at various DZ's, or maybe, another "version" of WFFC put together by people just like "us"!
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!

I enterpreted your post as saying, "We can't have it every four years because then some of the people who only skydive for a year or two and quit won't get the chance to go." My "So?" replies was just that.

I agree with Nightingale that maybe some people, if they teatered on going or not, might have just said, "Meh, there's always next year."

IMO, I think people would be more inclined to "talk about it" and attend if it were only a once in four years event.

Don't get me wrong...I am so bummed about missing my first WFFC (this was the first year that I was qualified for it...hell, I haven't even been jumping a full year yet).

With the turn over rate in the sport right now if you held it every 4 yrs a whole generation of jumpers would come and go ,and miss it.

True, but if the point of WFFC is to get a ton of jumpers with a ton of skills together with a ton of cool planes, holding it every year is too much. If you hold it every year, you get some record holders, some cool planes, and some jumpers, but if you held it every four years, a lot more people would make a point to go. Kinda like the olympics... if it was every year, it would be just another competition. Every four years, it was an awesome event that almost everyone sat down to watch, and now, with it every two years, it seems like people aren't nearly as into it.

Honestly, I think it would be cooler to have WFFC every four years. That would make it a destination event that people would make a point to go to, rather than just another boogie. With something that happens every year, people can say "ah, I'll just go next year".

That's the most interesting idea I've heard yet to make the wffc what it was back in the heyday. Maybe every two years but something along those lines sounds pretty damn intriguing.