PhreeZone

WFFC 2007 CANCELLED

12 ways out of 3 182's is where its's at. Besides think of all the low passes for swooping!

can you do a high pass with a 182 ? :o

yup, if you don't mind waiting the extra 20 minutes to get to 12k. :P
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

No!

oh wait, this is one!!

SkyFest:The Boogie that "Pays it Skyward" Over $16,000 donated to up and coming jumpers in the last 6 years! http://www.skyfestboogie.com

not even when you try to not mention it.:D

See he fell into the trap, he can't without deleting his sig line.

SkyFest:The Boogie that "Pays it Skyward" Over $16,000 donated to jay schrimsher in the last 6 years! http://www.skyfestboogie.com:D:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

It was cancelled because all of the people who were treated extremely badly by the security and police at WFFC 1999 and beyond. The attendance did nothing but go down after the locals started coming into the boogie starting trouble, and security was beefed up to the presence of riot police to stop all those horrible unauthorized parties away from the beer tent. It was the freeflyers fault :)

I think the issue is ethanol. The extensive damage to the corn crop during past WFFC's has resulted in a national crisis and Big Brother has said enough!
May the only blue in your life be the sky you are in!

You could always drive a couple days west and organize the nekkid jumps at Lost Prairie.Just stay on US 2 and head West.... its easy to find;)

Sounds like a plan ! Who else is on the load?
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

It was cancelled because all of the people who were treated extremely badly by the security and police at WFFC 1999 and beyond. The attendance did nothing but go down after the locals started coming into the boogie starting trouble, and security was beefed up to the presence of riot police to stop all those horrible unauthorized parties away from the beer tent. It was the freeflyers fault :)

WFFC was a waste before it moved from Quincy to Rantoul. Yeah, we all had fun... but why pay $60 and deal with the madness of WFFC? Throw a corn cob and you're more likely to hit a 200- (minus) jump wonder than an experienced person who wants to jump @ WFFC.

The cool people to jump with are not at WFFC.:| Goto another boogie. Summerfest, Couchfreaks, LP, etc....

"hey, let's go to the WFFC!"
"why? I can jump specialty AC anywhere, they always promise a jet that falls thru at the last second?"
"meet new people and make new friends..."
"Hey, I'm going to XXX DZ this weekend... "

WFFC presents itself as an event to jump w/ great skydivers but I have never met any WC or national competitive skydivers at the WFFC.:|

sad but true
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

This royally sucketh.

I feel like I just got the wind kicked out of me.

You could always drive a couple days west and organize the nekkid jumps at Lost Prairie.Just stay on US 2 and head West.... its easy to find;)

And you WONDER why I can't seem to save you and Dave a trailer slot ...

;);)
'Shell

My 2 cents....The convention has been on a downward spiral since 99. However in 2003 I had an awsome time. One thing the convention always offered was a place for all of the small jump clubs with cessnas a place to jump big planes with all of their friends without having to go to one of the "Big" dzs in Florida, Arizona, California, Illinoise or any of the other "BIG" dzs. I am not saying there are few Cessana dzs. It seems like in the last decade the number of dzs with aircraft bigger & faster than a 182 is the trend and going somewhere relatively close that has a big plane is easier than ever without having to drive a whole day. The convention has had many specialty jumps and then agian...a lot of the big dzs aquire specialty aircraft for their boogies. Hate to see it cancelled for the year and hope it "recharges" to where it was in the mid 90s.

Hi Beth,

You've made a lot of friends from all over the world through your association with the WFFC, and that includes US, right here at The Center Of The Universe, which is very close to Rantoul B|. We missed you (and Dean, and The Tall Slut) Saturday at the giant hottub party; now I know why.

I have an idea ... this year you and the Streaker could relax and actually spend a few days on vacation in Rantoul and party with us at our new DZ - we should be in full swing before too long!;) Although the airfield at Rantoul will be a ghost town the last week of July 2007, the airfield in Flatville will be hoppin'!!! B| and we will still be jumping over Rantoul.

Skyfest Rocked last year, just think what this year will bring. If you think that Spaceland can handle 500+ people for 10 days rock on. I guess that is up to Steve and you. I'm all for it, I will start collecting cans and copper to pay for the extra 3 days!!! So will we get free beer for 10 days!!!! Lets take this opportunity to show the world what Houston,TX and Spaceland are all about!!!

Jump!
R.Real
B|

Skyfest Rocked last year, just think what this year will bring. If you think that Spaceland can handle 500+ people for 10 days rock on. I guess that is up to Steve and you. I'm all for it, I will start collecting cans and copper to pay for the extra 3 days!!! So will we get free beer for 10 days!!!! Lets take this opportunity to show the world what Houston,TX and Spaceland are all about!!!

Jump!
R.Real
B|

Howdy Robert!
We can handle 500. I would prefer to grow to that number so I can make sure we provide the service that the event stands for. Can I handle 10 days is probably the real question? Hell I usually dont have a voice by Friday night.:S
Lets see what happens....
see you there

No!

oh wait, this is one!!

SkyFest:The Boogie that "Pays it Skyward" Over $16,000 donated to up and coming jumpers in the last 6 years! http://www.skyfestboogie.com

not even when you try to not mention it.:D

See he fell into the trap, he can't without deleting his sig line.

SkyFest:The Boogie that "Pays it Skyward" Over $16,000 donated to jay schrimsher in the last 6 years! http://www.skyfestboogie.com:D:D:D

Dammit lee you wern't supposed to tell anyone, thats why i gave you half!!! hush money you idiot!!

Oh dont forget to take the gun away from all the DZO's heads that we forced to give away all those free coaching jumps..

Do us all a favor and go count the revolutions of the blades on your mowers or something!!;) Yeah and see if you can stop one by hand...:)

My 2 cents....The convention has been on a downward spiral since 99. However in 2003 I had an awsome time. One thing the convention always offered was a place for all of the small jump clubs with cessnas a place to jump big planes with all of their friends without having to go to one of the "Big" dzs in Florida, Arizona, California, Illinoise or any of the other "BIG" dzs. I am not saying there are few Cessana dzs. It seems like in the last decade the number of dzs with aircraft bigger & faster than a 182 is the trend and going somewhere relatively close that has a big plane is easier than ever without having to drive a whole day. The convention has had many specialty jumps and then agian...a lot of the big dzs aquire specialty aircraft for their boogies. Hate to see it cancelled for the year and hope it "recharges" to where it was in the mid 90s.

Here Here. Sounds like this is their way of making sure complacency doesn't ruin it for everyone.
=========Shaun ==========

but I have never met any WC or national competitive skydivers at the WFFC.

Well heck how in the world did ya miss Airspeed, TJ Landgren, Dave Brown, Amy Chmelecki and ...and?

and J.C. and Luigi and Jim Slaton and Lyle Presse and Chuck Blue and Brian Germain and worls record holders like bill von and Wendy Faulkner and on and on and on and on.

(Don't ya just hate it when your statement/arguement can't hold water any better than a colander?)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?