f1freak

Who started at a "Cessna" DZ

One behind the pilot, 2 in the back side by side, one next to the pilot and one next to the door. We were all pretty small but it was still a tight fit. Not a wide body either. The video is like watching clowns get out of a circus car. But thats how we rolled at AggieLand

"Pilots without Maintainers are just pedestrians with cool jackets and sunglasses"

Sure, plenty of people started at a Cessna DZ, but how many of those DZs had permanent facilities that included nothing but a small bit of carpet in the desert? The van with all the equipment, including swingset type frame for hanging harness would drive to the desert (part of the directions on how to get there would include advise on which side of trail was best to traverse the numerous ditches to avoid getting hung up) to meet the plane that flew in. The pilot was over 70 years old, never had a drivers license but had been flying since he was little, and had to be watched carefully to make sure he didn't fall asleep (I woke him up twice on the way up to altitude).

One more thing, the DZ was so well staffed that one day I served as a static line jumpmaster (about 100 jumps, no license or rating) because it was better than the pilot doing it.

Try to beat that, turbine babies!

Bonus points to anyone that can guess what old Arizona DZ I'm describing.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

When I made my first jump on 09-08-67 we flew in with a C-175. It turned out to be the jump plane as the other one didnt show up. We pulled the door and co-pilot seat, ready to go .That was pretty much the norm back then It wasnt until the early 70's, that you could take out the back seat add seat belts and take four

I started at a Cessna DZ, Skydive Miami.. It's a Caravan :)

My 1st piston Cessna was a 172 or 182 in Pietermaritzburg (JohnRich, that's in South Africa), actually where the boss of Skydive Miami comes from.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM