jumpintoit

lets treat packers like crap

Ok, so what if there were no packers?

At this point all we can do is DREAM! B|

Never used one, never will...:|

...I know, I'm wasting a whole 6 or 7 minutes of my life, that I'll never get back, between loads.:ph34r:

But then again, I never wonder if my Pilot Chute is cocked, Brakes are set right or the Slider is back on.

I know where the canopy is wearing and why...Haven't been 'Slammed' in 20 years, and KNOW it's gonna open on heading...

...I know, I'm just a 'Fearful Ole Fossil' for taking all the 'thrill of the unknown' out of the opening sequence.:)

But all the $$$ I save packing for myself, I can spend on therapy to get over it!:$:ph34r:

Hey...who the fuck stole my cigarettes?!>:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Why would I treat the person who controls how my canopy is going to open like crap?

Sure, I could kick him around on the ground, but he could spank me at 2.5k'.

I don't think that would be a wise move. Let's keep the peace and love.

I always said thank you to my packer, and when he left for the season, I thanked him for all the nice, soft openings.

But when he ran into the sauna with a hose of icy cold water, then he rightly deserved punishment.

>:(

I think you've worked in the wrong place.

Be nice to your packers and don't date your rigger's wife.:P

But I always pack myself these days. Except the white one.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

But when he ran into the sauna with a hose of icy cold water, then he rightly deserved punishment.

You have a sauna at the DZ? Damn, now I am jealous!!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

You have a sauna at the DZ? Damn, now I am jealous!!

Sure, nothing like a hot, relaxing sauna after the day's jumps.

And then this guy whom we all love because of his good quality and fast pack jobs come in with cold water!
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

why is it that when someone has a bad opening, the first thing out of their mouth is who packed that? do they not understand the phisics behind canopies and their openings. now i do understand if it was an ongoing thing with the same packer but what about the once and a while bad opening it is still (who packed that!!!!!) always blame the packer.

I had a packer pack me my second cutaway.
A STEP THROUGH. thats not a physics thing.
I'm not sure how it was packed like that but I still tipped her at the end of the weekend.

She packed for me the rest of the weekend, too.
Packers get treated better at my dz the most other jobs. especially when it comes to tipping.
My photos

My Videos

why is it that most jumpers treat packers like dung?

ever went to India ? Heard of castes ? The upper caste is jumping. The lower caste is packing :|

edited to correct some spelling.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

your right maybe i am over reacting a little bit. maybe it's just that the few that treat the packers like poop are really extream about it.

maybe they are not treating packers like poop, but treating you like poop?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ya, you see thats what i'm talking about why would someone make a stiker like that if there wasn't something ment by it?

It's called irony dude.

Besides, you could always drive home the point of, "You pay for the pack job, not the opening." :o:)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

no that was an attention getter. I'm just really pissed at the way Me and the other packers have been treated lately at my D.Z.

Do you smell like pot all the time? Do you look like a fucking dirtbag? Do you make more than the instructors at your dropzone, yet live in a leaky trailer with four other stinky motherfuckers, none of which own a car? Do you only know one way to pack a parachute? Have you packed more than one tandem malfunction? Dude, you are in the service industry. Get used to the fact that you are unlikely to ever get "respect" for the job you choose to do.

Chuck

PS: the sticker they give out at Nylon City at Z-hills says "have you kicked your packer today". It's very clever. They are a good group of guys and they make alot of money off of me. If they were not there I would gladly go back to packing for myself, like I did everytime for my first 25 years in the sport.

I treat my packer GREAT... I feed him when he's hungry, I try to keep him hydrated, I make sure he is able to skydive regularly, I figure if he is happy and not too tired then he'll be less likely to pack me a malfunction.

oh btw... generally pack for myself... :P

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...