diablopilot

Ban Boogies, They are killing people.

What kills people in canopy collisions is differences in speed

let's ban slow canopies, tehy are lame. Fast canopies are more fun. Slow canopies are for Faber who is too scared of heights and never jumps higher than 300ft :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Ban Boogies, They are killing people.

So if... some asshole(s) rob a bank & in the process, critically or even fatally, injures one or more, teller(s) or customer(s) in the process... we should NOT, pursue, apprehend & convict the individual perps.... instead we should... we should... uh... 'CLOSE DOWN THE BANKS & SUE/CONVICT THEM'???? WTF???:S:S:S:S:S
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

What kills people in canopy collisions is differences in speed

let's ban slow canopies, tehy are lame. Fast canopies are more fun. Slow canopies are for Faber who is too scared of heights and never jumps higher than 300ft :|

Swoopers Unite! Take back the Sky! I know someone already has this slogan:P

1. Swoopers get their own separate landing area (AKA: Main landing area) closest to the Packing tent, manifest, etc.
2. Secondary landing area for non swoopers is at least 2000' away from Main landing area.

Rules for Main landing area:
1. No turns initiated below 500'
2. All turns must be at least 180 to 270 degree turns
3. anyone flying slow and making small turns to final in the main landing area will be warned and advised where they should be landing.

P.S. Does anyone know how to load an Otter?;):P:P:P
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

So if... some asshole(s) rob a bank & in the process, critically or even fatally, injures one or more, teller(s) or customer(s) in the process... we should NOT, pursue, apprehend & convict the individual perps.... instead we should... we should... uh... 'CLOSE DOWN THE BANKS & SUE/CONVICT THEM'???? WTF???:S:S:S:S:S

If you went out of your way to go to the crapiest bank, in the middle of the fucking ghetto, and then it got robbed you might want to stop to think about how your choice of location influenced the amount of risk you exposed yourself to.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

your right it will not help...Lets say you come across a very erratic person behind a steering wheel of a car. You keep telling this person that they need to slow down. Time and time again they say its ok i am a good driver.. Then all of a sudden this person kills your best friend or your family member. Should we just put this down to an accident or put it down to that person was too arrogant for their own good.
Swooping is not killing innocent people its the arrogant self centred pilots that think they are invincible. Sorry, but that is how Danny saw himself.

How do you know how he saw himself. I Know that this topic needs to be up for debate, but it must be debated with maturity and diligence, name calling is not going to do anyone any good. Make your point but there is no reason to call people names.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

If you went out of your way to go to the crapiest bank, in the middle of the fucking ghetto, and then it got robbed you might want to stop to think about how your choice of location influenced the amount of risk you exposed yourself to.

News flash: Banks in more affluent neighborhoods, get held up/robbed far more often then those in quote "in the middle of the fucking ghetto," Columbo! As it is also a well known fact that banks in these locals, Always keep far more accessible cash on hand, specifically, in the tellers tills, then do Banks in "in the middle of the fucking ghetto," Convenience stores, gas stations etc. get robbed more frequently, in lower income areas!
Come talk to me AFTER you've investigated a couple of them, when you can flap your gums in a more educated manner!

How do you know how he saw himself. I Know that this topic needs to be up for debate, but it must be debated with maturity and diligence, name calling is not going to do anyone any good. Make your point but there is no reason to call people names.

I agree. After all, he just killed *one* innocent person along with himself.

Walt

Columbo... I like that. :D

Would it be better if I said that you went to a bank that was frequently robbed?

I might have fudged my example, but the comment about banning banks is still out of left field.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Good point none of us do know what was going on in his head, at that moment in time. And obviously he never got a chance to tell us!

I might have fudged my example, but the comment about banning banks is still out of left field.

Thank you Howard Cosell, well I guess that makes it official... The Great Gazoo of the Bonfire threads has spoken! Hey Skymama, quade, Billvon...one greenie or another with the power should bannish that post of mine to the Recycle bin...DougH has ruled it out in left field...it is written in stone!:D:D:D

Would it be better if I said that you went to a bank that was frequently robbed?

Ya got me there big guy,... I'm funny like that, when I investigate a bank robbery, I find it much easier to do so, by actually going to the one that was robbed... more fequently then when I go check one out that hasn't been! There's usually more tips/clues/witnesses to go on, at the former then you'd find at the latter type... Go figure???:S:D:D

your right it will not help...Lets say you come across a very erratic person behind a steering wheel of a car. You keep telling this person that they need to slow down. Time and time again they say its ok i am a good driver.. Then all of a sudden this person kills your best friend or your family member. Should we just put this down to an accident or put it down to that person was too arrogant for their own good.
Swooping is not killing innocent people its the arrogant self centred pilots that think they are invincible. Sorry, but that is how Danny saw himself.

Lets see, i have known Danny for about 9 years. How long did you know him exactly? I knew Danny when he was jumping at Monroe and peachtree. As nice as he was, he was still an arrogant batard. He would tell you that himself. So my point is, there are people just like danny in the sport that think they are untouchable. I don't mind if they go in but when you take an innocent person with you then peoples attitude and arrogance needs to be addressed don't you think
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Lets see, i have known Danny for about 9 years. How long did you know him exactly? I knew Danny when he was jumping at Monroe and peachtree. As nice as he was, he was still an arrogant bastard. He would tell you that himself. So my point is, there are people just like danny in the sport that think they are untouchable. I don't mind if they go in but when you take an innocent person with you then peoples attitude and arrogance needs to be addressed don't you think

Well there you go, he's familiar with Dan's character, personally, so he has every right to voice his opinion as such! 9 years of witnessing someone's tendencies/actions/behaviours, is a valid marker for backing up his thoughts & comments on the matter! You can't take that away from shrek!

People don't kill people - Guns and 270's do.

And boogies ... don't forget the boobies and boogies. They definitely kill people ... along with the guns and the 270s.

and life... Living too long kills. Let's ban life. Oooh wait .. Let's ban banning.

At least the Brits had a nice song about this : Anarchy in the UK :D

Can we just ban Fish?

A flying herring doing 90 knots will definately kill you - and someone else if it's frozen.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Walt

Hey ya know what?? YOU'RE RIGHT!! Danny swooped right in to Bob's canopy and they're both dead.
Know what else?? Thats the risk you take when you get in the door and jump out of the damn plane. Danny and Bob both knew that and took that risk thousands of times.
I'm not saying that what Danny did was OK. None of this is OK. But if you don't realize that any number of things can kill you from the moment you gear up, then stay on the fucking ground... and try not to get hit by a truck on the interstate.

Walt

Hey ya know what?? YOU'RE RIGHT!! Danny swooped right in to Bob's canopy and they're both dead.
Know what else?? Thats the risk you take when you get in the door and jump out of the damn plane. Danny and Bob both knew that and took that risk thousands of times.
I'm not saying that what Danny did was OK. None of this is OK. But if you don't realize that any number of things can kill you from the moment you gear up, then stay on the fucking ground... and try not to get hit by a truck on the interstate.

I agree 100%.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Can we just ban Fish?
A flying herring doing 90 knots will definately kill you - and someone else if it's frozen.

I 2nd the motion... All in favor say, Aye!:D

Can we just ban Fish?

I 2nd the motion... All in favor say, Aye!:D

Eya!!!!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I've got a better idea--let's not tolerate behavior that puts others at risk.

Walt

I've got a better idea--let's not tolerate behavior that puts others at risk.

Walt

Ok - so let's not ever tolerate breathing.

It puts others at risk of airborne diseases.
Driving - No one should be able to drive.
Fitness Training - noone should be able to do that either - strained muscles are an epidemic.

I'm probably the minority here, but jumping for me is more fun when not done on a grand scale, on any given weekend with friends new and old. Just because I like music doesn't mean I like large, over promoted concerts, or sex vs. orgies, or making some fun skydives vs. whatever it is that defines a boogie. I don't think boogies need to be banned, but I don't need em. J

You know, I think diablo has done a great thing here. And everyone is to damn stubborn to recognize it! It is obovisous we have a situation on our hands with mid air collisions. Let this thread be about ways we could discuss that and try to put a solution to correcting it. Instead of bitching about nonsense!

I agree that its not the boogies that are killing people. Its the people themselves. But that doesn't mean we should just ignore it. I'm mean come on, we should take advantage of this and try to come up with a solution.

I know I'm in this sport so I can live not die.

So we have come up with the idea of making separate landing areas or even separating the loads. What other ideas do you guys have to offer? Lets talk about this. If you don't give a damn, please let me know where you jump so I know not to ever show up there!
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!