kkeenan

Personal Attacks

Well, I'll just respond as if you were serious.

It's not a joke. Mensa has a contest every year to see who can come up with the best new word by changing one letter of an existing word. That one made the top list a couple of years ago.

Stop being such an ignoranus. :P

ladies and gentlemen, the future mascot of cyberspace...

CLICKY!!!

That is probably the farthest thing from what I expected (and I don't know what I expected). I'm high amused though. At least I'll be warm in the winter.

Too bad it's about 110-120 during the summer[:/]
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

this ain't no damn democracy!

HH's word's exactly. Everyone who registered a username on DZ.com agreed to abide by his rules in his house. If anyone feels they are being repressed unfairly they should bring it up to any of the Mods or HH and it will be addressed. However, if you do not agree with the answer you are given or with the rules, you are free to not post here, you can post anyting you wish over at .rec. HH and the Mods give everyone, despite what some may believe, more leeway than they will ever know so that this community stays a community and people want to be here.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

thank you all for the first truly entertaining day here in quite some time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glad I could help:| ass trumpet:D

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

So, am I not suppose to call people fucknuggets / or Fucker???

I don't use it in a derogatory connotation, I only say it to those I like.... (although I think Squeak took it badly).

Nope.. I never use them in case someone cant fucking read and bans me yet again:S:S:S:S

The specific use of speculation is not listed as banned behavior, calling someone a name such as "crazy" is only that, is it not? Legally it is...

So with that argument, I should be able to say, "y'all are a bunch of whiners" and you won't take it as a PA, right? :P

I've danced that line before - "group attacks" are generally accepted, "personal attacks" are not. :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

If I type "What a bunch of fucking crazy idiots!" is that a PA towards everyone on the forums? Or is it just a cynical statement in general?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Yup.

If mods like you, or you practice plenty of smootchus-rectus...you have more latitude, if not, you don't. Take it from someone who's pissed in his fair share of cheerios pointing out the obvious.

Fair? No. But guess what...

It's a privately owned entity. You can be banned because they don't like your name. And Sangiro could zap the server clean anytime - He's paying for it. Don't like it? Then start your own forum - as some have. The free market kicks ass.

That's the way it is.

This post will be in the recycle bin in 3, 2, 1...
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Please... some people annoy the living piss out of us and they are still on here despite being warned so many times its not funny. There are less then a dozen usernames that have recieved any sort of long term banning and they are all spammers or people using second identies to avoid having their names associated with their dirty work postings.

If you've been banned its the equalvent of a time out. Its a chance to figure out why telling someone "I'm going to fuck with your gear if I ever see you so you better start watching your back at dropzones" isn't approriate. I've recived that threat a few times via PM. :S

All we do is try to create an atmosphere where people are not afraid to express their thoughts and enjoy coming to. No one will return to a place where they are verbally assulted the second they post anything. Rec.Skydiving lost all its usefulness once the noise ratio was elevated to the point where people tuned out.

There are some people that thrive in belittling others, knocking people down at every chance and just trying disrupt the community at every turn. Those are the people that tend to find themselves usually running afoul of a mod. We give you every chance to alter your behaivor including multiple warnings and progressively increasing the length of your time out. I think one person is up to about 8-9 bannings at this point and yet they keep coming back for more. This person isn't always liked by the mods, but he's allowed back since he does add his own bit to the community when he's around. :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

"If you've been banned its the equalvent of a time out."

See? Now HERE'S why we're having this discussion at all.
Back in the day...OK, OK, I hear ya...a good ass-whuppin' from Daddy served the purpose....Time Outs just don't work.

PA's are OK if they fit....except for "Stupid Fucker".
Do NOT call anyone "Stupid Fucker".

:D:D

where are ya' Spence?
:P

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You can be banned because they don't like your name.

So YOU'RE "Skymamasbooty", huh? :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So, am I not suppose to call people fucknuggets / or Fucker???

I don't use it in a derogatory connotation, I only say it to those I like.... (although I think Squeak took it badly).

Nope.. I never use them in case someone cant fucking read and bans me yet again:S:S:S:S

One thing I'm quite certain of is that the moderators can read, and you can't blame them for occasionally responding to belligerence in kind.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Are you suggesting that skymama should be personally sent to your house every time you are misbehaving on here, to whip your ass???

I'm such a slow nitwit (Notice I did NOT say "Stupid Fucker")...I didn't think of that but now that you mention it....
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I was alway's under the impression that if one followed their PA with " I mean that in the nicest possible way" then the PA was null and void? I think the only PA that does not apply to is "dodo head" which I am not calling anyone, just bringing it to attention... ;)