floridadiver81

Skydive depression

sell everything. When i started i sold my motorcycle mullered my credit card everything. Come to dublin. Fuck some really ugly chick for a skydive they are out there.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Fuck some really ugly chick for a skydive they are out there.

So dublin will have ugly chicks? Thats a great selling point. :D:D

Well, we can't sell the ugly skyvan may as well go for the ugly chick

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

quit yer bitchin, did you mope around before you met skydiving? i assume not, youve just created a mental syndrome for yourself, in other words its an excuse to feel bad for yourself, get over it, its your life deal with it, your bitchin because you cat skydive because you need to pay your bills, how ass backwards is that? pay our damn bills and jump when you can theres other things that bring humans joy other than diving.:S

BLOODY_T
Fly it like you stole it

Fuck some really ugly chick for a skydive they are out there.

So dublin will have ugly chicks? Thats a great selling point. :D:D

Lee's talking about himself and just hoping to play catcher...have you seen how many times he's offered up a skydive? While his gender is disturbingly ambiguous, the really ugly part is acknowledged by all. B|:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

dude, i dont defend my ugliness. We come on here and say something your not like hey i am a hottie when really your as ugly as a bag of spanners

Some people feel the need to go to the gym multiple times a week to keep up with physical health, if they can't go and work-out for over a month they would feel, not physically fit and even mentally unhealthy. Other people feel they get good physical/mental health from other activities such as ti-chi, yoga, meditation, church-going etc. It is a reasonable assertion that there are a number of skydivers in our sport that feel that way about skydiving. You may feel that is out of balance but I'm sure there are things in your life that would be perceived out of balance by others. We were all a little wacky about skydiving when we first started, it usually runs its course, if it doesn't then we become a videographer/TI/AFFI/post-whore and there certainly isn't anything wrong with (some of) those either.

A cult maybe, unhealthy I don't think so. And...

...as a veteran cult member you should try and go easy on one of our newer inductees, he hasn't even received his black shirt and sweat pants, new black-and-white Nike tennis shoes and purple armband. :P

well..i play hockey...but it will never match the feeling i get when jumping.

Well... you can try jumping some cracks on a glacier... its fun, very cheap.. and incredibly stupid! :D:D

:D

floridadiver81 if you need someone to talk to just call skinnyshrek on his cell he would be happy to talk you through the depression. :)

Yes, i am the one to call anythime you have depression... Can u imagine working on one of those depressed hotlines...How about call Doug on his cell. Ask him about how his diesel F-250 is:D

I took it as an insult. I have worked in the customer service field for over 10 years now...i can tell constructive criticism and an insult. I didnt get to where im at today by complaining when someone doesnt agree with me. I have balance in my life...i was just stating that the absence of skydiving sucks...speaking on my own behalf....once started. In no way was i implying that everyone should feel like i do...even though some of the people replying in this thread do feel the same. And now you talk about my mental state....haha..i find that to be funny. Specifically how you can make that "assumption" without knowing me on a day to day basis. Very few people on this board know me outside of the skydiving world to even remotely make any assumptions about me. Granted..i havent been in sport long enough to meet most of the people that post here regularly..but that will change when i my superiors get off their ass and get the paperwork done that i need to get the money that im entitled to..which in turn will make it ALOT easier to get out to different dz's and meet more people and chill more. Ok..im ranting now...

Hamlet, Act III, Scene II, Line ~230
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

My feeling is that you are being render a bad guy for the wrong reasons. Sometimes it's easy to spiral down as a bad guy just because you are not so constructive to someone enthusiasm.

If I understood right what you were saying (and correct me if I am wrong) was that floridadiver should chill and give some time to the sport to reveal itself and not rush in. I also agree with the your dating analogy. You BETTER let time do it's thing in a relationship before even thinking about bringing the heavy stuff. It's called the time test and usually good things that are meant to be survive the time test.

But then again what the fuck do I know!! I only have 20 jumps!

floridadiver: I didn't jump since November due to winter temperatures. There are some other sports that allows you to play with the elements and gives you a BIG smile on your face that don't cost as much as skydiving. I've begin to do kite-boarding during the winter and it really brings joy in my heart. You play with ZP, High Aspect Ratio (4:1), elliptical, cross-braced canopies-kites that makes you feel so small in this world. The 1st time I was overpowered I was so afraid and fear for my life so much as I was heading for the forest so fast (really fast) and I couldn't find the chicken-loop from my harness. The wind just pick up to 45 km/h and I was having a 10 m open cell kite. It was a blast and it happen 2 weeks ago. I never wanted to try a 10 m open cell kite after that. It's so cheap because if you just hangout with people and help them with take-off, landings or give red-bull they let you use their wings. Usually every dude has more then 1 wing. As in skydiving just hanging around, talking and sharing food & red-bull (bear has been replaced with red-bull because of the cold) will buy you so much help and friendship. People will share a lot of stuff with you and everybody wants to see you ride and want's to put a BIG smile on your face.

Cheers,
Jean-Arthur Deda.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Actually... my very first thought as I was leaving the wall behind me was... "shit... I should be going faster!!" :D:D
Felt like Willy Coyote there for a second :D

I think skydiving is the greatest sport I've ever had the pleasure of encountering, and I wouldn't trade my experiences as a skydiver for anything in the world. But one of the most important lessons I've learned since August 4, 1998, is that we shouldn't place burdens on skydiving (or any sport, hobby, or activity) that it was never meant to bear. Like your high school basketball team, your college fraternity, or your weekly bowling league, skydiving can be an important, substantial part of your life, but the day you wake up and find that it's the only thing making your world go round, you've crossed into very treacherous waters.

If floridadiver81's original post had said, "I haven't jumped in over a month, and I'm going stir crazy waiting to get in the air again," I never would have posted to this thread. I really don't care if someone needs an altitude fix, unless, of course, that someone is me. But his original post wasn't about being anxious to make another jump; it was about how much bleaker his life looks after not making a jump in the last thirty-seven days. Disagree with me all you want, but I stand by my original statement--That is a very unhealthy statement, PARTICULARLY coming from a person with only four jumps. Look at me as the Grinch who tried to steal skydiving, if you like, but what floridadiver81 needs is a hard slap in the face by the cold hand of reality--the same slap a lot of us could have used when we found ourselves in that same situation. I'm trying to use a little tough love to set him on a steadier, less rocky course than many of us traveled, and all I'm getting for my trouble--not surprisingly--is grief from a bunch of deluded cultists who desperately need to keep believing in the only "truth" they know.

So, floridadiver81, keep using skydiving as an alternative to Prozac, like a pair of rose colored glasses that makes all your REAL problems "go away," if you like, and see where that gets you in five to ten years. Or change course and try using skydiving as simply an enjoyable weekend retreat, when time and funding allow, and live a life free of the risk that one day you might break your only pair of rose colored glasses.

Blue skies,

Douva
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I and all I'm getting for my trouble--not surprisingly--is grief from a bunch of deluded cultists who desperately need to keep believing in the only "truth" they know.

blue skies,

Douva

Thats odd. I dont feel deluded nor cultish.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I'm trying to use a little tough love to set him on a steadier, less rocky course than many of us traveled, and all I'm getting for my trouble--not surprisingly--is grief from a bunch of deluded cultists who desperately need to keep believing in the only "truth" they know.

Oh my... now im depressed...
Dude... you should apply for Dalai lama or some shit. Youve enlightened so many with your wisdom!!
:ph34r::ph34r:
No wonder why you film yourself dancing alone at home... yeezzz...

I and all I'm getting for my trouble--not surprisingly--is grief from a bunch of deluded cultists who desperately need to keep believing in the only "truth" they know.

blue skies,

Douva

And I'm having a tough time picking which "truth" it is that's the only one I know. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

blue skies,

Douva

And I'm having a tough time picking which "truth" it is that's the only one I know. ;)

Blues,
Dave

I think we should stick around for our new self appointed "Dalai Lama to enlighten us.

(thanks for the definition Toymaker)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

(pointing to the sky) or seek for the truth out there...
[ET voice] HEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOO [/ET voice]
:D

Ok.. im going to work... Dalai Lama here wont answer until late night, when we are all asleep and cant answer back. Oops! :o:D:D

Ok, so maybe calling people "a bunch of deluded cultists" wasn't the best way to win friends and influence people, but I hope that we can all see that on some level Douva's actually making an important point here about the inherently unhealthy nature of single mindedness.

Perhaps I was just being optimistic, but I chose to believe that the original post was just a momentary lapse of reason brought on by infatuation. Douva obviously chose to take it at face value (ironically Douva, something tells me that three years ago we may have had exactly opposite rolls). But I have to admit that if I honestly thought that the original poster meant exactly what he said, I'd have probably had pretty much the same reaction Douva did. Relying on any one thing for your own happiness, be it skydiving or a relationship or whatever else, isn't healthy in the long run and tends to cause burnout and bitterness.

Sure, Douva is coming off as overly bitter in this thread. And the original poster is coming off as over zealous. But I can't help but think that in their own ways they're both right, and somewhere in between lies the happy medium most of us who have stayed in the sport more than a year or so have managed to walk.