floridadiver81

Skydive depression

If you disagree with my suggestion, that's your problem, not mine.

If this was really the case, this thread would only have ONE post from you, or two at the most... but it seems that you have been struggling for acceptance since post #1

but I don't see any intelligent rebuttals to anything I've said

Dude... dont expect answers to be intelligent when you havent said anything intelligent yourself. You have only explained the fact that too much involvement for something you dont know (sport, GF, job... etc) at the beggining is not always a good thing to do. Ok.. great... you didnt discover america or anything but ok.. I give you that and I get your point.
The thing is that what you did was like giving a 15 y.o. kid a full lecture on life, sex, morality and spirituality, when the only thing the kid wanted was to check out the girls bathroom through the window.

That reminds me of a very funny story that happened to me in school...
Me and my best friend were caught looking inside the girls bathroom through a window after PE class, so we were sent to the highschool principal (this was like in 7th grade). They called our parents saying that we would be suspended for two days becuase of our behaviour and that they should come to school to pick us up. (At this point I thought ... man!! we are in soooo much trouble!!) When my dad and my best friend's dad got there and were told about this whole thing and what we did, they looked at each other and told the principal: "What?! looking at the girls through the window???... cmon!! call us if they are caught looking at naked boys!! not girls!!"
... we all went skiing for the next two days and had one of the best days I can remember :D:D

Lighten up brother... ;) Salud!! :D (Thats "cheers" in spanish btw)

I think I'm going to call the American Psychiatric Association and ask them if they can add an Axis I diagnosis of "Asshole" to the DSM-IVTR.

Everytime I see one of Douva's posts, I get a big knot in my gut.

floridadiver81- take it from a board eligible psychiatrist with 9 years of post graduate training in family practice and psychiatry- there is nothing unhealthy about how you are feeling. Everyone needs an activity that he or she enjoys to put life into perspective. And for you, now, that activity may be skydiving. For some others, it may be bowling, or collecting art, etc. Having a hobby that allows you to release tension from the day to day is a very healthy thing to have. It makes you realize why it is that you work 40+ hours a week. It means that you have something in life that you enjoy. All that is healthy.

This is the bonfire douva, save crapping all over someone for the soapbox corner.
Mistakes-It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

but it seems that you have been struggling for acceptance since post #1

Said the guy that spent his morning making posts challenging me to reply.

Seriously, dude, you're the one who jumped in to try to get the last word in a debate that was clearly over.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I think I'm going to call the American Psychiatric Association and ask them if they can add an Axis I diagnosis of "Asshole" to the DSM-IVTR.

Everytime I see one of Douva's posts, I get a big knot in my gut.

Yeah, what can I say? I'm an asshole. Ask anyone who's met me.

floridadiver81- take it from a board eligible psychiatrist with 9 years of post graduate training in family practice and psychiatry- there is nothing unhealthy about how you are feeling. Everyone needs an activity that he or she enjoys to put life into perspective. And for you, now, that activity may be skydiving. For some others, it may be bowling, or collecting art, etc. Having a hobby that allows you to release tension from the day to day is a very healthy thing to have. It makes you realize why it is that you work 40+ hours a week. It means that you have something in life that you enjoy. All that is healthy.

Are you saying that there's nothing unhealthy about having a hobby or that there's nothing unhealthy about not having the motivation to do anything but mope around the house because you've had to take a month off from your new hobby?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Seriously, dude, you're the one who jumped in to try to get the last word in a debate that was clearly over.

Debate? Last word?
I've been making fun of you since post #1!! I aint debating!! There's a difference you know??
:D:)

Are you saying that there's nothing unhealthy about having a hobby or that there's nothing unhealthy about not having the motivation to do anything but mope around the house because you've had to take a month off from your new hobby?

Are you serious? Or is it your Dalai Lama inner-self kicking in again?
Let me put it this way... My kids get really anxious the day before xmas because they cant wait to open their presents. At night, they cant even sleep!!
After Xmas, they even sleep with their toys next to their beds!!!
MAN!!! I have just realized my kids are insane!!!! They must be pretty messed up to be like that dont you think????

:D:D:D

BTW, I need to go play the lotto... can you enlighten me with a couple of numbers please? :D:D

Yeah, what can I say? I'm an asshole. Ask anyone who's met me.

Exactly why i stopped replying to your posts. Normally im tollerable to people like you..thinking that maybe im thinking you are...BUT....judging from the replies in this post...and the pm's that i have recieved about you...in the general consensus. At least you admit it though..which just makes you ignorant..sooo...just go away.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Floridadiver81 and ToyMaker, I grow bored with you. Neither of you are capable of engaging me in an intelligent debate; therefore, this thread no longer amuses me. I shall take my capacity for rational thought elsewhere.

I shall take my capacity for rational thought elsewhere.

Doesnt seem youll be carrying to much weight... you should be able to go pretty far without getting too tired :D:D

At least you admit it though..which just makes you ignorant..sooo...just go away.

Umm actually NO it makes him self aware, it would seem you are ignorant of the definition of ignorant
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Wow, is this thread still going? Can we just talk about something fun like sex or peanut butter?

How about sex that includes peanut butter
:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Floridadiver81 and ToyMaker, I grow bored with you. Neither of you are capable of engaging me in an intelligent debate; therefore, this thread no longer amuses me. I shall take my capacity for rational thought elsewhere.Are you saying that there's nothing unhealthy about having a hobby or that there's nothing unhealthy about not having the motivation to do anything but mope around the house because you've had to take a month off from your new hobby?

:S:S:S
Wait a minute, are you actually delusional enough to publicly challenge, and proclaim that you seriously (however demented ) believe that you are smarter & more of an expert on the subject of Psychiatry, then well "an expert on the subject of psychiatry??":S:S:S:S
Douva "Exactly What does having an Extra 47th unmated Chromosome feel like, I mean does it hurt?" Does it get lonely not having a mate, or does that brain cell, you got going on, keep it company???My Autistic cousins, wants to know! Cause even her pet rock finds that, laughably ridiculous!:D:S
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Floridadiver81 and ToyMaker, I grow bored with you. Neither of you are capable of engaging me in an intelligent debate; therefore, this thread no longer amuses me. I shall take my capacity for rational thought elsewhere.

That's merely because they'd be engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person something!

That's merely because they'd be engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person something!

Kad, if you have a new perspective or some new information to bring to this debate, by all means post it, and we'll resume this discussion. But if your only motivation for jumping into this thread, four days after it died, is that you got your feelings hurt by something I said and felt some uncontrollable compulsion to toss a couple of weak insults at me, get over it.

Kad, if you have a new perspective or some new information to bring to this debate, by all means post it, and we'll resume this discussion. But if your only motivation for jumping into this thread, four days after it died, is that you got your feelings hurt by something I said and felt some uncontrollable compulsion to toss a couple of weak insults at me, get over it.

ROTFLMAO !!!!! Dude, put the fairy tale magical "Narcissium Mirror" back in the pop up book where it belongs, Swing by the bank of common sense & find out who order the unauthorized stop payment on your "RealityCheck"
Then ask your doctor if "Zyprexa & Thorazine are right for you":S:D:D:D:D:D:D The post sponored by the neurosis, awareness council!:D:D:D