shortyj

I am making a collection of encouraging thoughts and quotes got any?

"No matter how good you get at something, there's always someone else out there that does it better and with less effort"

"Can't win, don't try"

"There's no such thing as a stupid question. Just a lot of stupid people that ask questions"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Windshield is much, much better.

I once felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes. Then I met a man with no feet. So I took his shoes...he didn't need 'em.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Life is like a box of chocolates-
Just when you think you got it figured out...BAM!...you get one filled with coconut! :P

When you are old and feeble you will spend a lot of time thinking, "I wish I had....".
Do all you can to eliminate the things you can finish that thought with.

If it doesn't move, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, its needed replaced anyway.

If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn't, use duck tape.

Never look back, someone may be catching you.

"If I had to choose between humans and dogs, I would choose a dog. You want to teach someone what love is, you give them a dog." Valentine Camurati

Never, ever, under any circumstances give up!

a few of my favorites

"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

A friend once told me, “When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, Trust Him fully, because one of two things will happen: either He will catch you when you fall or He will teach you how to fly.

Dave
Ready...Set...Go..!

SkydiveSwakop

" When you grow older and think your sweet
take off your shoes and smell your feet."
As I was told in Basic training in Dec 1961 at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri by the meanest DI ever made." Some day you will look back at this and laugh" Didnt believe him until 4 years ago.Dont GIVE UP"

"No one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb...
It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time"

~Patrica J. Hacker-Harber
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

"I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate." -George Burns

"To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are." -Anonymous

"Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go." -Sylvia Robinson

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman

"Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it." -Rabindranath Tagore

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." -Anonymous

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -Thomas Jefferson

"When in doubt, go big." B|

Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms His child. -unknown -that's one of my all-time favorite quotes

(Another version of the above): Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, He calms the sailor. And sometimes He makes us swim.

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." -Dolly Parton

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." -Dolly Parton

you've got to love her :)

Nothing is worth more than this day - Goethe

'scuse me while I kiss the sky - Hendrix
but what do I know

I am making a collection for some girls who are going off to college. Anyone got any good ones? Something they can look back at when they feel like giving up.:)

What is that one about rocks and boys?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A couple more:

"Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those who are doing it." — Unknown.

"I quit praying for God to lighten my burden, and instead started praying for stronger shoulders." -;)

I'd have to watch the memorial video again - but a guy named John Choate said something like - "If you are dead set (Could have been Very Passionate) on getting a job done - people will usually get out of your way and let you do it."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's rare that someone will grow up without some grief in their lives - It is your choice about what you do with your life now

Human beings are like tea bags - you don't get to know them until they have been through hot water

The moon is not bothered by the baying of wolves

Life is a quarry in which we mine our character

You are as strong as the challenges you face

You may not be able to control your emotions, but you can control your actions

Misery is to be overcome, not marinated in

Growth takes time

There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going

Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't, you're absolutely right

If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?

Change occurs when the pain of not changing gets more unbearable than the fear of changing

Don't "should" on yourself or anybody else

Failing is not failure

Excuses do NOT prevent consequences

Progress, not perfection

Drink the water and spit out the mud

Worms to butterflies

Worry is like a rocking chair, it is something to do, but it gets you nowhere

Negative habits will atrophy from disuse

The person who stands still saying "it can't be done" gets passed by someone else who is doing "it"

You wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you knew how seldom they do

The first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” William Jennings Bryan

The bubbling brook would lose its song if you removed the rocks.

Is this the hill you want to die on?

Bitterness is the poison that you drink in the hopes that someone else will die

“Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.” – Erastus Wiman
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

If you always do what you've done, you'll always be where you are now.

Thats one of my favorites....

The version i know of that:
If you always do what you've done,
You will always get what you always Got
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?