adventurechick

My Car Accident Update

On wednesday afternoon I was driving home from work and got into a bad car accident. I was trying to avoid a car that was about to collide with me, and I ended up losing control of the car and hit the wall that separates 408east/west head on. I was somehow able to get myself out of the car by myself with a shattered foot and a large gash in my knee. I butt slid my way out of the passenger door, I was the only one in my car. I laid myself out on the side of the road and help soon came. I was rushed to the hospital by an ambulance and was in severe pain. I went into surgery yesterday and had 5 pins put into my foot and a metal plate.

I have been recouperating very well and the hospital is going to discharge me today. It may be awhile before I can get back in the air. I have a large splint on and will start rehab in 2 weeks and will then get a cast after my swelling goes down. I'm going to go home to tennessee for a week or 2 before I start rehab.

Two fellow skydivers, Paige and Jeremy, have been super sweet with visting me at the hospital and helping me gather up some stuff. After I'm allowed to drive and have a new car I'll run by the dropzones to say, "hello!" I can't use my cell phone right now because my charger is at home, but when it is charged, feel free to give me a call!

All will be well and I'm getting better by the hour!

Blue Skies

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

You know, if you didn't want to do the 4-way scrambles meet you could have just said so. This was not necessary :P

Get well soon, let us know if you need anything and keep us posted on your progress.

-OK

Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Oh, Gail, I'm so glad you are ok! I'm glad that the school year is over at least and that you can go home and your mom can spoil and fuss over you.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My mom has been wonderful, it's nice to have a mom who's an RN and a step-dad who's a fire fighter. I'll be pretty much set back up in Tennessee this next week or 2 before I start rehab. I'll miss you guys!!

**muah**

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Gail!

What are you trying to do to my favorite hottie?????
:D:D;)

xoxoxoxoxoxo

But...you've blown it now. You could have lied and said is was skydiving related...it really was, you know. Surely you were driving to or from or in-between skydiving trips, right?
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hi Gail. Hope the recovery is going well. Take a mental vacation and think about all the fun skydives you've had. Make a mental balloon jump.B|
Keep up those great spirits you have.

Hey at least now maybe us old guys can keep up with you.:P

Gail!

What are you trying to do to my favorite hottie?????
:D:D;)

xoxoxoxoxoxo

But...you've blown it now. You could have lied and said is was skydiving related...it really was, you know. Surely you were driving to or from or in-between skydiving trips, right?
:D:D

Pops

I think you could be right AC could have got the owee jumping and is BSing about the car.

Some insurance co's don't pay for skydiving owee's non jumpers think she desrved it for jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

But a car accident:(:(;)