guppie01

Hummmmm drummmmm Jury Duty

I have never been called to jury duty, despite having been a registered voter for quite some time now. B|

Blues,
Dave

Me either... I can always get waived if called... just show proof that I'm deaf. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've been on-call 3 x prior to this and never had to go in. Today I sit and wait in the court house to see if my name is called..... WOOOHOOOO! HA even got heavily screened on my way in too. Mr. officer thought he saw a knife in my purse.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I have never been called to jury duty, despite having been a registered voter for quite some time now. B|

I've gotten as far as being called to the courthouse one day, but I wasn't chosen. [:/] I've always wanted to be on a jury. I've been a registered voter for 37 years.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I've been on-call 3 x prior to this and never had to go in. Today I sit and wait in the court house to see if my name is called..... WOOOHOOOO! HA even got heavily screened on my way in too. Mr. officer thought he saw a knife in my purse.

g

He was just looking for a reason to strip search you.

We got called a few yr's ago.

They start way to early in the morning:S

Got a note from the DR "Doesn't play well with others" and sent it in.

Hope there isn't a warrent out for me/myself /us and I for a no show

One Jump Wonder

g

Potty mouthed criminal now huh?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I was called for jury duty once. I even got on a civil case. Some guy broke his ankle on a city bus and was sueing for $1.5 million. Hard to say what happened because I couldn't tell which one of his three stories was true, the one at his deposision, the one he told on examination, or the one he told on cross-examination. Needless to say he didn't get a penny (but he did get a promotion at work because of his injury so it wasn't a complete loss for him).

Have fun!

g

Admit it...you just did it for the pat-down, didn't you? :D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

despite having been a registered voter

I don't think it's just about being a registered voter anymore. You just be lucky.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

g

She wanted the wand to "Beep":)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

suddenly the phrase "jury of your peers" scares the fuck outta me...
were I ever to need a truly impartial jury, I'm thinking it's going to be full of losers who couldn't find a way out of their public service duty.
just another in the myriad of reasons our legal system is so fucked.
:S

I would elect for a trial by judge I think...less emotion, more letter of the law.;)

g

She wanted the wand to "Beep":)

Teehee, he did it again when I returned after lunch! :o:)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I sat on a federal case last year in Chicago for 4 months yes 4 dam months. I also live 60 miles west of Chicago so I got to hop the 6:05 train to get in at 7:30 coffee then to jury duty. Get home at 7:00 at night and do it all over again. GUILTY the doctor got 12 years and an 18 million dollar fine.

He tried to sell a sterilizer for surgical equipment with no FDA approval. 8 people went blind.

suddenly the phrase "jury of your peers" scares the fuck outta me...
were I ever to need a truly impartial jury, I'm thinking it's going to be full of losers who couldn't find a way out of their public service duty.
just another in the myriad of reasons our legal system is so fucked.
:S

I would elect for a trial by judge I think...less emotion, more letter of the law.;)

Guess I'm a huge loser then. I've been called three times, served three times.

And I'm damn glad I was called for the last one, because the decision may well have gone another way, and in my heart, I know the right verdict was reached.

I sat as a juror for a couple of weeks on a trial about corporate espionage and abduction. it sounds way more interesting that it really was. But I'm glad i was there, the interesting part was the 3 day deliberation, finding out how people interpret what they see and hear. on occassion we would have as many as 5 versions of the same evidence:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

... the interesting part was the 3 day deliberation, finding out how people interpret what they see and hear. on occassion we would have as many as 5 versions of the same evidence:)

Yes very interesting. When I sat on Jury, one of my fellow members logic was: "He has to be guilty otherwise the police would not have wasted there time bringing the case to court" :S

When i did my jury service, 2 days before I was due to start I broke both my wrists while racing motorbikes.

I turned up each day in court with both arms in casts and cos I didn't want to wear a double sling I had to sit there with my arms sticking up in the air.

Every new case had a new judge and every one of them singled me out for amusing jibes, ranging from:

"Yes you can put your hand down now that you have sworn in"

to

"Shouldn't you be in the dock and not in the jury box?"

Piss taking judges.
:|:)