sharimcm

How do you like your cow (steak) cooked?

I honestly prefer my steak medium. I like it with just a line of pink in the middle, but warm throughout the steak. B| I'm partial to the New York Strip, but I'll eat just about any type of meat you put in front of me. Mmmm.... Steak....

Even waitress meat?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'll eat just about any type of meat you put in front of me. Mmmm.... Steak....

Only you and I would know... ;) I won't tell if you don't. :ph34r:

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I'll eat just about any type of meat you put in front of me. Mmmm.... Steak....

Only you and I would know... ;) I won't tell if you don't. :ph34r:

She did call.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A porterhouse always includes top loin (new york) and backstrap (aka tenderloin or filet). A t-bone does too, but with a smaller portion of filet.

A t-bone actually is half rib eye and half tenderloin. Same muscle as a strip (longissimus dorsi) only from the rib section rather than the loin section.:P
Bonus if you can tell me the name of the muscle that makes the tenderloin, and pronounce it.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Please, more info. I'm trying to find the perfect cut for high-temp, quick bbq'ing. So far its #1 preterhouse, and #2 RibEye. ideas?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Please, more info. I'm trying to find the perfect cut for high-temp, quick bbq'ing. So far its #1 preterhouse, and #2 RibEye. ideas?

Hmm, high temp and quick. Two best ways to ruin a steak.
:D
350 degrees or so for grilling will give you a nice sear on the outside and leave the meat nice and rare/ med. rare with about five minutes per side. (avg steak 1"thick) For these, any of the "middle cuts" will work. Ribeye, strip, tenderloin, porterhouse, t-bone. Filet minogn is a tenderloin steak wrapped in bacon, otherwise it is a tenderloin

Mike, pronounced SO-ass major;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

maybe "hight temp" was not correct. what I have found best is really hot coals close to the meat, which gives a good browning on the outside, but leaves the inside pink in the center. Always comes out really tender, really moist, but not raw. Maybe 5 minutes per side. Is having real wood coals ~1.5" from the meat considered high temp?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

All beef is graded (in descending order of preference) prime, choice or select. Prime is really hard to find (and EXPENSIVE!). Only about 2% of all steaks are graded as prime and almost never seen in markets. In fact first time I had prime porterhouse was in Venezuela. Now I'm hooked. I don't eat meat often, but when I want a great steak, it's a prime loin cut.

Good steak is really hard to find in Florida. The reason ,,,Florida cattle feed on sawgrass resulting is tougher, less flavorful meat, so when I really want a good steak, I order online through:

http://www.mybutcher.com/

Be advised that prime steaks cost $40-50 a pound!!!

I found this site on buying steaks. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/14/AR2006021400432.html

Good eating!
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

by charred-rare, I'm assuming you mean Blood-rare. (A.K.A. Waved over the fire once on each side and thrown on a plate.)

I like mine with a heartbeat...
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

by charred-rare, I'm assuming you mean Blood-rare. (A.K.A. Waved over the fire once on each side and thrown on a plate.)

Charred rare is (here at least) on a VERY VERY hot skillet fast burnt on each side (30-60) then served
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Charred rare is (here at least) on a VERY VERY hot skillet fast burnt on each side (30-60) then served

MMMM... tasty...

Put mine on the grill just long enough to get the grill marks on each side and you'll have a happy man.:)
DON'T FORGET THE BEER!!!B|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

After a few discussions with a few people this weekend on how I eat my meat, I thought I could ask everyone else. So, how do you like your cow prepared? And, no, I am not wanting to know how you like your tube steak prepared. :o:S

Depends on the steak. Fresh tender steak is best raw, ground into tartare with a little raw quail egg to hold everything together. At the other end of the spectrum if it's been contaminated by E. Coli and ground into burger it's gotta be medium. In between rare to medium rare with a browned outside and bloody inside is nice. Tough meat needs to be slow cooked to get tender.

I love meat. Antelope, beef, bunny, cabrito, deer, elk...

We've been shopping at the international market lately and beef isn't what's for dinner. I made rabbit sandwiches with a little colby-jack, small hot-house tomatoes, and red onions on nice fresh baguettes last week, and this week goat stuffed poblanos are on the menu, YUM!

I eat cow/filet once, maybe twice a year. (Yes, I know a true "steak lover" doesn't go for filet. Good thing I'm not one of those.:P)

When I do, I like it medium-rare. And I like it from Ruth's Chris. And I like it cut in half to be shared with Billy who grudgingly enjoys only half a steak. He loves me.:)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.