yardhippie

High milage drivers speak up!

I win the low mileage award ... I have a 2001 Passat that I purchased new in December 2000. I still haven't hit 50K on it!:D

No major repairs so far.

Naw ya' don't. I have a 94 Ford F-150 pickup that came with the farm. It was my father in law's before he died and it only has 54, 000 miles on it. We just use it around the farm and for towing a small trailer every now and then in the local area. It's in great shape too.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

My first car was a 1964 Buick Special that my grandmother owned for 18 years before she gave it to my dad, who then turned it over to me when I left for college. It only had 55,000 miles on it. Alas, it was mostly city driving and the transmission conked out at 95,000 miles, the air conditioning was on the fritz as well, and the engine was starting to sputter...

I sure wish I'd taken up on some of the unsolicited offers to buy it when it was still looking new...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have a 1994 Honda Accord EX and have put all of the 216,000 miles on it. And most of the last 80,000 miles are for skydiving (which were put on within the last 2 years) ;) And my babe will probably still take me another 50,000 miles easy.
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

93 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 w/ 5 speed - 225,000 Miles and counting.

The engine has never been opened. I trashed the clutch at 70K (under warranty) and the tranny at 200k (paid through the nose). Otherwise, not a single mechanical glitch outside regular wear. It could use all new bushings in the front end and some new seals, but otherwise fine. Still starts with just a bump of the key.

The current primary vehicle is an 04 Mazda3 with 93K. I just hope it holds out as well as the truck.

I have always thoroughly abused them both.
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

I drive in excess of 100,000mls per year, my '06 KW T-600 has 280,000+ on it in 2yrs & 4mnths :S

Remember, if you have it a trucker brought it to you ;)

There is a upside to driving this much...
42 States, 90+DZ's, 40+aircraft B|

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I drive in excess of 100,000mls per year, my '06 KW T-600 has 280,000+ on it in 2yrs & 4mnths :S

Remember, if you have it a trucker brought it to you ;)

NIce ride ChileRelleno, my favorite big truck.

There is a upside to driving this much...
42 States, 90+DZ's, 40+aircraft B|

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

My work van (05 GMC Safari) has 68K miles and no problems. (I get a new one at 80K

We just got rid of a 04 Chevy Cavalier with 56K and we never had a problem with it. But then again it seems like my wife makes me get a new car every 3 years.

We had an 03 Vibe GT, put 60K in 2 years on that. She just made me get her a 07 Vibe. They quit making the GT, so I made them give me an automatic.

Had a 91 Corolla that had over 210k before I junked it. I think it had 61k on it when I purchased it. Did evething with that car and took it everywhere. Outside of the normal repairs (tires, brakes, exhaust) I only had to replace the starter. I took it off roading and bent the frame. One time I drove it for 35 miles in "2" up to 70mph. Right around 200k most things started to fail on it: electric, heater core, fans, both CVs, shocks, etc

2000 Dakota with 93,000 miles still going well too

Wow, I have a 2000 Dakota with just over 93,000 miles too! Lets start a club for Jennifers :P Actually got it on December 23, 2000 (graduation) with 17 miles on it, then moved cross country repeatedly through 2003.

My other thread got me to thinking.
Who has the greatest number of miles on their automobile?
Did you put them all on yourself?
Have you had any major repairs?

Ive had a few high milage vehicles myself.

84 VW Jetta 180,000. I bought it from my parents friends.

79 Chevrolet Malibu with well over 200k, but multiple motors, and trannys, and rear ends.

94 Mitsubish galant w/ 141k

I put 70k on my pontiac Vibe in 2.5 years and it was well on its way to being a champ until that crazy pulled out in front of me.

Now lets hear some real high milers.

I've got it....

Saturn Vue (2002)

bought it was 11 miles on it...

Currently 189,984 miles...

no major work, just the typical routine maintenance. Of course the reason why it's so low, is because I've barely put on 1000 miles since i moved to AK in January!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Mercury (my car's name) has seen a lot of the US, and NO i did NOT drive it out to Alaska, i shipped it, otheriwse it'd have a lot more.... :D
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

1992 Saturn SC

Speedometer broke in Dec. 2000 w/ 183,000. I guestimate it's at 240,000 ish. I've since bought a PU and drive that mostly.

Still runs nice but needs new drivers seat and A/C work.
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

My little 2000 ranger just turned 136,000. Runs great.
2005 Maxima only 20,000. I baby that thing to much but I hate driving it to work because the parking lot up there is like a demolition derby. Newark airport is not a safe place to take my baby.:(

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I put 150k on my 2000 Hyundai Elantra before I sold it last fall. Didn't break down once. :)

Got me beat. I've got 122k on my 2001 Tundra...the check engine light came on once due to a vacuum line coming off the air filter, everything else has run fine. I'm currently considering giving it to my daughter and buying myself a new Tundra with the big engine. ;)

6,000ish miles later, my truck did need new rotors and the drums resurfaced yesterday. I probably could have made them last till trade-in this fall, but it just left on a 700-mile road trip that will include pulling a trailer over a couple mountain passes, with a driver unaccustomed to trucks and towing. I figure rotors that aren't warped due to heat/wear should increase her comfort level. B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

1995 Honda del Sol - 185K on her, original engine

Had a 1989 Honda Civic Hatchback with 219K on it when I sold it... It was still running pretty good at that point... :P

Now, she's at 189K... My Civic has 3K on it... Just bought it new in May, then drove to Phoenix. :P

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

1972 Datsun 610 inherited from parents. 295K miles. (Earth to the moon is only 280K miles.) Most were mine. Had to replace left front suspension (collision with a curb) a few valves, ignition system and one universal joint, but not much else. When I finally retired it there wasn't much floor left in the back.

My 92 Gti's odometer stopped working at 183k. that was some years ago, so it's most likely well into the 200k's. No major repairs, though it does require a "procedure" to start.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.