BillyVance

C-17 Cargo plane

Nice, eh? Wouldn't YOU like to jump out of this big baby?? ;)

Take a look at these pictures closely and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary.... Do this before you open the next pics in my next post...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That was too quick! :|:D

Yep.... impressive little fucker ain't it?

And here's the info on it:

This 1/9th scale radio-controlled C-17 model was built in the United Kingdom It was built as the centerpiece of a 15 program television series produced in the U.K. for the Home and Leisure satellite TV channel. Built with the aid of three friends, it took one year to build and is powered with 4 Jetcat P-120 turbines with a total thrust of 108 lbs. The model weighs over 250 lbs fueled, and carries 12.5 liters (3.3 US gallons) of 95% kerosene and 5% turbine oil fuel. Other details include 5 Futaba PCM receivers, 16 battery packs (93 cells), 20 Futaba servos, on board air compressor, electro/pneumatic retracts, etc. Wingspan is 20 feet 8 inches,! and the top of the fin is 74 inches (6 feet 2 inches) above the ground. Takeoff weight is 264 lbs. The rear cargo doors open and they drop an r/c jeep on a pallet, as well as 2 free-fall r/c parachutists. The model also has smoke systems both of the inboard turbines, and uses a 2.4 GHz data link to provide real-time data to a laptop computer on the ground while in flight. This data includes airspeed, turbine RPM, EGT, fuel consumption, etc. Built mainly from balsa and ply, with many glass and carbon fiber moldings to reduce weight. It is covered in fiberglass and epoxy resin. This C-17 Globe Master III is one of the l argest jet models in the world today! Complete with retractable landing gear and pneumatically operated flaps.

In the last picture, the four builders are shown. Colin Straus, the owner, is at the nose of the aircraft.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was wondering if it was big enough to take one average sized skydiver inside and strong enough to take off with him up to a reasonable altitude....

Wouldn't that be a bitchin' jump??? :D

Edited to add: Looking at the last picture again, it would have to be a skinny tiny little 4'11" tall 95 lb skydiver at most, and even that would be questionable... :o

I was wondering if it was big enough to take one average sized skydiver inside and strong enough to take off with him up to a reasonable altitude....

Wouldn't that be a bitchin' jump??? :D

you're pretty tiny, you might just fit:D:D:D:D:D:D
that was too easy
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Wouldn't YOU like to jump out of this big baby??

Actually, I do jump out of it:P Here are some real pics of it from the inside at 17,999 feet while I was at work;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Actually, I do jump out of it:P Here are some real pics of it from the inside at 17,999 feet while I was at work;)

You suck... :|:P

Dude, that's badass. Wanna hook me up? ;)
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Here's a plane big enough for a couple skydivers! I'm almost positive that they fly slow enough to jump out of too. When they take off over my apartment it looks like they are hardly moving at all. Big SOB though.

Yep they are slow enough, only static lined one though.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7db38b3127cce84798e40365c00000025108AauXDJm5cuE

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7db38b3127cce84798989760e00000026108AauXDJm5cuE

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7db38b3127cce84798e58364400000025108AauXDJm5cuE

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7db38b3127cce8479898f760800000026108AauXDJm5cuE
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

there is a video of one of those oversized rc planes, that drops a little red rocket type thing, then they make it apear as there is a problem, then has the pilot eject and parachute down. really cool video if anyone wants to find it.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Dude, thanks for the wet dream.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I would! I mostly would like jump out of old plane where 101st paratrooper jumped out of plane during WWII before the invasion of D-Day on June 6, 1944.

Yeah, that would be cool, jumping from a C-47. Of course static line is the only way to go if you do that. Gotta get the full experience.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I would! I mostly would like jump out of old plane where 101st paratrooper jumped out of plane during WWII before the invasion of D-Day on June 6, 1944.

Yeah, that would be cool, jumping from a C-47. Of course static line is the only way to go if you do that. Gotta get the full experience.

And on military gear with round parachutes... ;)