bigway

WFFC back with a new name?? (Summerfest)

Sounds like the WFFC has been replaced by Summerfest.
We went to Summerfest after the WFFC and had a blast.

So now the WFFC has been canceled Rook Nelson seems to have taken after Roger and is putting on one hell of a show. They have now bought in Bi-plane, Balloon, casa, their usual planes, plus more including the JET!.

I have heard they are expecting more people than there was at last years WFFC. Something like 2000+ people this year.

IS the WFFC back with the family that started it all... Just with a new name? SUMMERFEST?

Knowing Rook it will be one hell of a show. The fireworks he puts on are nearly as great as the Sydney New Years eve ones. His film festival he hires a screen bigger than one you would find at a movie theatre and now he is adding a red bull party to the film festival. This sounds like thi will be a blast!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Knowing Rook it will be one hell of a show. The fireworks he puts on are nearly as great as the Sydney New Years eve ones.

I hear that they will repeat the "meteor jump" at Summerfest. They did it to kick off the fireworks last weekend.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Rook always put on one helluva show whether WFFC was around or not. The guy can't help it if he's just that cool. (Maybe if i kiss up enough i might get a free jump or sumthin );):D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I want to go because a) i havent been to SDC in a while 2) i will have just taken the bar and it sounds like a great way to unwind and c) because of the jet.

which leads me to my question - do jet tickets have to be purchased in advance? does anyone know how many jet loads they plan on doing a day (im thinking as much as demand allows, but i could be mistaken)?

I want to go because a) i havent been to SDC in a while

No kidding you haven't been here in a while. I'm so excited that i get to see you again!! I've missed you a lot!! I'm not buying my jet ticket in advance. I have no official idea, but i'm just guessing that if there are enough people wanting to jump it, they'll keep putting loads up.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'll be there again this year, load organizing the wingsuits and taking all those interested in learning to fly a wingsuit up on first flights for free. It's definitely going to be bigger and better than years past and for sure, one fun time. Hope to see you there:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That was a comment i made in regards to Rooks Mother and Father Jeanie and Roger starting what is now known as the WFFC.

Now the WFFC is not on and Summerfest seems to be attracting more people than the WFFC did last year, Considering Summerfest Is the Boogie at Rooks Dropzone that is where my comment came from.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sounds like the WFFC has been replaced by Summerfest.
We went to Summerfest after the WFFC and had a blast.

So now the WFFC has been canceled Rook Nelson seems to have taken after Roger and is putting on one hell of a show. They have now bought in Bi-plane, Balloon, casa, their usual planes, plus more including the JET!.

I have heard they are expecting more people than there was at last years WFFC. Something like 2000+ people this year.

IS the WFFC back with the family that started it all... Just with a new name? SUMMERFEST?

Knowing Rook it will be one hell of a show. The fireworks he puts on are nearly as great as the Sydney New Years eve ones. His film festival he hires a screen bigger than one you would find at a movie theatre and now he is adding a red bull party to the film festival. This sounds like thi will be a blast!

Yes, and no. I'm sure this will be a great boogie, but that's it, a boogie. All will have a blast, but what set the WFFC apart was it wasn't at a DZ. A bunch of skydivers got together at an airport that normally didn't have a DZ, and put together a kick ass boogie. Going to summerfest, you're still going to the DZ.
Like I said, I'm sure it'll be a great boogie, but the only other one I've been to that had the same feel as the WFFC was the St. Patricks Day boogie in Dublin, GA. Same feel, huge size difference, though that one is growing rapidly. I'm going to try and hit at least a day or 2 of Summerfest, but I can't be sure where my truck will be then. The way I look at it, I can go to SDC any time, but Dublin and the WFFC only come around once every year (or 2).
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hey you guys! When you're done at Summerfest (I'm planning on spending a few days there myself this year), get your arses down to Flatville for the Flatville Free Fall Convention (FFFC)! B|;);):P

It will be the only true alternative to the WFFC for 2007! ;) We will be jumping over Rantoul from a PAC750 and a Biplane August 10, 11, and 12!

Sponsored by the Pathetic Losers Skydiving Team. Really!

WoooHooo!

Sounds like the WFFC has been replaced by Summerfest. We went to Summerfest after the WFFC and had a blast. I have heard they are expecting more people than there was at last years WFFC. Something like 2000+ people this year.

So does this mean you are going to summerfest and skip the WFFC? Great! Then this means we wont be reading 20 posts next summer complaining about the WFFC like you did last year? Have fun.

By the way, is anyone going to have any real numbers on summerfest attendance or is everyone going to exaggerate to make themselves feel good?

won't you need a RIG????

She doesn't need a rig to hang out and party. Plus the gear store on the DZ offers demo rigs.

I could tell ya all about the "leave your rig at home and use demos" thing:S
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Sounds like the WFFC has been replaced by Summerfest. We went to Summerfest after the WFFC and had a blast. I have heard they are expecting more people than there was at last years WFFC. Something like 2000+ people this year.

So does this mean you are going to summerfest and skip the WFFC? Great! Then this means we wont be reading 20 posts next summer complaining about the WFFC like you did last year? Have fun.

By the way, is anyone going to have any real numbers on summerfest attendance or is everyone going to exaggerate to make themselves feel good?

No not going to Summerfest. Have no reason to exagerate numbers but i am told from people at the dropzone they are expecting over 2000 people.

Have fun at the WFFC mate.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store