tonyhathaway

I'm "done" skydiving full time.......

Well, after much consideration, I have decided to take an extended trip to the west coast starting in early September right after the richmond boogie. I'll spend most of my time in Las Vegas to pursue a job playing my drums for a living. I have been skydiving full time nearly 13 years, done 12,000 jumps in those 13 years, (plus 1,200 before that just fun jumping) , met a lot of people. With 10,000+ camera jumps, I wonder how many of my photos hang on walls around the world?
I like playing my drums now more that I do jumping. Just as many years ago I decided to move to florida and try to skydive for a living because I liked skydiving more than throwing boxes around in a warehouse--that move worked out OK for me! Making a hobby a job isn't always a great idea, but again, I managed to do OK skydiving. I hope to pick up some part-time work out west doing video some while I sort out my new endeavor. I figure why not try this. Its a long shot, but if it doesn't work out I don't think I'll forget how to shoot video-and I'd kick myself for not trying!!!
Thanks to all. -Tony
www.tonyhathaway.com
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

I always admire someone chasing a dream or a new life challenge.:)
We'll miss you at the DZ Tony.:(
Best wishes and I hope you find the sweetest of success!
Have fun too!;)

be sure to keep you web site up and updated so we can keep up with you too.

Its a long shot, but if it doesn't work out I don't think I'll forget how to shoot video-and I'd kick myself for not trying!!!

Somehow I can't imagine persuing your dream NOT working out! B|

Best of luck!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Good luck Tony,

Part-time skydiving isn't too bad and playing in a band is a great way to meet groupies ;)

I can see it now... Tony giving Tommy Lee a run for his groupies. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thirteen years is a long time to last (especially at the speed you were going at) before something else becomes "more fun". I've only been jumping 4 years and shooting pictures 1 year, and already I feel the burnout haunting me, other things in my life are already sometimes becoming "more fun" than jumping.

I enjoyed our techie camera chats. Will see you soon, best of luck with the drum drumming. B|

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Best of luck, Tony! :)
Are you still going to have your pics available for sale? You took the pic/video of the 34-way that I did at ZHills a few years ago, and I need to get a copy from you. :)

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

While I know you have taken some shots of me during my trips to FL and such I do not have one on the wall unfortunately. That said I do have some fond memories of jumping with you through the years. Who knows...maybe one day I will get that pic from you even if it is archived.

I do wish you luck as it takes guts to "go for it". I hope music is a good to you as you have been to the skydiving world.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Good luck Tony,, i really enjoyed your camera class and it helped me alot... if you are near santa barbara please come and jump ,,, i am going to be in las vegas in late august.. i will buy the beers ...

Paul
dont let life pass you by

...to pursue a job playing my drums for a living.

It's better to try and fail; than to not try and succeed. ~Anonymous

Good Luck!
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Good luck, Tony. Vegas is a dog-eat-dog production world, but there are a lot of gigs for talented people.
Maybe we'll connect there, I've enjoyed some of your work. My business takes me to Vegas at least once a month.
Congrats on the life-change!