NickDG

The End of the Police Spike Strip . . .

Yeah, Michelin have been showing off the "Tweel" for awhile now.

In all honesty though, the main advantage seems to be that they (Michelin) can charge an arm and a leg for them since the wheel and tire will have to be manufactured as one piece. Once the 50,000 miles or so of tread is gone, you'll be paying through the nose for a new set and ALL of that money goes to the "Tweel" manufacturer as opposed to being split up between separate tire and wheel manufacturers.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

it will be interesting to see if they candevelop a tweel for a motorbike:D:D
I'm sure it would be fine on a Harley, because they cant corner anyways (:Pmark), but with no side wall cornering on a tweel looks decidely dodgey:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

From an article on the tweel:

Michelin has also found that it can tune Tweel performances independently of each other, which is a significant change from conventional tires. This means that vertical stiffness (which primarily affects ride comfort) and lateral stiffness (which affects handling and cornering) can both be optimised, pushing the performance envelope in these applications and enabling new performances not possible for current inflated tires.

Miami

lovely...as if dodging the semi truck retreads isn't enough....we'll have a smaller version that will be harder to see to avoid!!

and I'm going to have to post a picture of my ground down floorboards to show Squeak that big twins do indeed lean. :P

have a look at the video link i posted. It showed quads, diggers and i think it had a 2 wheeler.

No it'sa a side view of a quad i checked, AND it's only traveling in a straight line./

Miami from the video they are talknig about 4 wheel cornering NOT two wheel conering.
Two wheel cornering is VERY VERY different to 4 wheel conrnering
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

and I'm going to have to post a picture of my ground down floorboards to show Squeak that big twins do indeed lean. :P

LOLOL a 10 degree lean is NOT cornerning:D:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Pretty neat stuff. However, the final version to market will certainly have a sidewall of some sorts, since getting something in that open space would throw the whole wheel off balance...that would be an interesting sound. :P

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

it will be interesting to see if they candevelop a tweel for a motorbike:D:D
I'm sure it would be fine on a Harley, because they cant corner anyways (:Pmark), but with no side wall cornering on a tweel looks decidely dodgey:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Fck that.if they can make an airless tire and call it the twheel make they can make a twblowjob.
its the same idea but without the teeth.

(i guess the entire state of alabama beat them to the idea...but is it trademarked?)
My photos

My Videos

Once the 50,000 miles or so of tread is gone, you'll be paying through the nose for a new set ...

According to this video it's called "recapping".

Interesting concept.

ltdiver

You can recap your current tires if you wish.

The reason you don't? It's a shitty process prone to failure at high speed.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Once the 50,000 miles or so of tread is gone, you'll be paying through the nose for a new set ...

According to this video it's called "recapping".

Interesting concept.

ltdiver

You can recap your current tires if you wish.

The reason you don't? It's a shitty process prone to failure at high speed.

Sorry. Guess the sarcasm didn't come through....:P (should have put "Interesting concept"in quotes);)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon