ACMESkydiver

Pics of Your Favorite Dog Breeds...

Didn't mean to hijack that other thread, so I'll start a new one.

I love the look of Boxers, I always have. My mom's best friend bred brindle boxers when I was a kid, and I always loved how beautiful those dogs were...

I never really 'played' with them or hung out with them, so I don't know what their personality is like in general...but they sure are pretty.

Look at the coloring on this brindle pup!

Like I said, I don't know anything about these dogs accept that they are just such handsome animals...

I don't think this type of dog is going to match our family needs for the future (we're looking at service dogs, which are more along the lab/Golden/shep lines...)

Ok so pics of your favorite breed. Do you have one? Are you going to get one in the future?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

The European Shepherd lines (German, Belgian, Dutch, beauceron). They always look so ready for action, in reality everything is a game just sometimes the game is called fetch the human. :D;)

Pics
1) Belgian Malinois (my dog Sherpa)
2) Dutch Shepherd

Fly it like you stole it!

Ok I can so see you with an Italian greyhound, then I really could get it a little pink fuzzy sweater. :D

LOL! NO DOG CLOTHING!!!

I found an Italian greyhound once with a gorgeous taupe and white coat. (As in fur, not people clothing.) I've never forgotten what a beautiful dog that was. And it could out-run Sherpa for safety! (Well, maybe. Sherpa's very driven when inspired. . . .)
TPM Sister #102

Sherpa, What did you do today?

Well, Aunt Julie brought over this skinny little dog who thought it was fast, so we played chase in the back yard.

Did you catch it?

Not at first, but after 30 minutes it got tired, so I caught it and ate it.

You didn't!?!?!?!

Well Daddy always said survival of the fittest, so can you get me a new skinny fast dog that can go more than 30 minutes????
Fly it like you stole it!

Didn't mean to hijack that other thread, so I'll start a new one.

I love the look of Boxers, I always have. My mom's best friend bred brindle boxers when I was a kid, and I always loved how beautiful those dogs were...

I never really 'played' with them or hung out with them, so I don't know what their personality is like in general...but they sure are pretty.

Look at the coloring on this brindle pup!

Like I said, I don't know anything about these dogs accept that they are just such handsome animals...

I don't think this type of dog is going to match our family needs for the future (we're looking at service dogs, which are more along the lab/Golden/shep lines...)

Ok so pics of your favorite breed. Do you have one? Are you going to get one in the future?

You probably know what I love most but here he is again! The BOXER!!

:)
While he might lack any "colouring" he's still my handsome baby.

:)
'Shell

He has smudging--does THAT count as coloring? He looks like a sweetheart.

What colors do boxers come in, anyway?

I like to refer to his black colouring as "age spots". They're actually on his skin. When he was younger, the spots were only visible when he was wet.

As far as colouring, according to the American Kennel Club here's their standards. Cliff notes = white is not accepted.

The colors are fawn and brindle. Fawn shades vary from light tan to mahogany. The brindle ranges from sparse but clearly defined black stripes on a fawn background to such a heavy concentration of black striping that the essential fawn background color barely, although clearly, shows through (which may create the appearance of reverse brindling). White markings, if present, should be of such distribution as to enhance the dog's appearance, but may not exceed one-third of the entire coat. They are not desirable on the flanks or on the back of the torso proper. On the face, white may replace part of the otherwise essential black mask, and may extend in an upward path between the eyes, but it must not be excessive, so as to detract from true Boxer expression. The absence of white markings, the so-called "plain" fawn or brindle, is perfectly acceptable, and should not be penalized in any consideration of color.

Disqualifications Boxers that are any color other than fawn or brindle. Boxers with a total of white markings exceeding one-third of the entire coat.

'Shell

Here's a photo of the dog we adopted yesterday, His mother is a Pyrenees mountain dog, the father, anyones guess.
He's about 8 months old an called Kiro.

Note the extra claw which is common to the Pyrenees.

Gone fishing

Miniature Austraiian Shepard

Pics here

Great photography! I especially like this one.

Aussies are my favorite breed of dog as well. :)
ltdiver

I absolutley dislike that name.
We dont even have those dogs here, they were bred in the USA, not OZ.
We dont have australian Sheperds:|

We do have Australian Cattle Dogs (Blue & Red Heelers aka Queensland heelers).
Working dogs, VERY smart loyal and VERY protective.
I lost mine November latst year, she was 14, and I still miss her,
Incedently Blue Heelers have the WORST reputation in OZ for attacks, way above any other Breed here.
My girl NEVER so much as looked like hurting anyone, because she was well trained and cared for.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The breed is not so important to us. Keeping a dog (or dogs as we have now) is not a fashion statement... But clearly there are ones that we gravitate towards (we've kept Dobes, mutts, Malimutes and now have Springer Collie crosses).

We have always rehomed and like to give good dogs a good home and expect great behaviour from them (through training & love).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome