jjiimmyyt

Favourite all time film

Following on from PLFs about bands lets do films now.

I'm probably going to get slated but mine is Lynch's version of Dune, I know there are some issues with it but it still is amazing.

So whats yours?

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

All my family love TSoM, we have Xmas showings of the films, when we went to London togetheir they went to the live show, I'd rather nibble my own foreskin off than watch that shite. (I think they all have T-shirts) :$

Super troopers is good but you must have more loved films than that, its funny but flimsy.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Super troopers is good but you must have more loved films than that, its funny but flimsy.

I really liked Swordfish, too.

One flick that I cannot STAND and I just don't get how other people do is 'Bringing Out the Dead'.

Nicholas Cage is cool, but oy...:(

I liked Entrapement too...because I think it's amazing that a 70 year old man can make me hot. :P There's just something about Sean Connery...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Cage is great, would have loved to see him do Superman as was rumored for a while but Swordfish?

Again a good film but spoilt by Travolta. The novelty of seeing him in Pulp Fiction (after Look Whose Talking et al) boosted his career and he entertained, thats certainly true, but he just keeps playing the same thing since Tarintinto rescued his ass.

Randall P MacMurphy..... a true great character in cinema history. well played by J Nich.
very very good film

it's so tough to name one film...
Moby Dick with Richard Basehart and Gregory Peck had my vote when i was younger...filmed in the early 60's it had adventure, the fury and agony of the oceans, the character of Queequeg.. who spoke by his actions... and accuracy with a harpoon...B|
It was one of the first movies i saw in "technicolor"
I also really liked Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.. in To Kill A Mockingbird...excellent but sad story.

speaking of Color,,, and transitioning from Black and White.. gotta say The Wizard of Oz.....the first time anyone sees that movie,,, they must admit, it makes an impression on them... The Wicked Witch, scared hundreds of thousands of little kids,,,,in the decades that it has been a favorite...:o:D:)
The Sting.... was a very very good film.. many Many notable actors and actresses, and plot twists like we'd never seen before , in films...
Also that GREAT ragtime music from Scott Joplin
and when considering music,,, kudos to Oh Brother Where Art Thou.... i just Loved charles durning,,, ( who was also noteworthy in the Sting ) as "Pappy O'Daniel ", and all the cast of that movie,,, including Pete's nephew, who busted them outta the burning barn !!!.. " You men from the bank? ".. " My Paw says I'm to SHOOT whoever is from the bank "....." i winged a census man last week ".... and his swan song scene after the boys steal his car and send him back home to his Pa..... " I curse your names,,, you dirty so and so's"
hahahahaha can't get enough...:DB|

Midnight Run,,,, with DeNiro, Grodin, Yaphett Kotto, Dennis Farina and Joe Pantalioni ( sp? ) and others... was a real good movie too....also had some twists and turns, and funny dialogue.

tough to pick one.... sorry

B|:)
jmy

My obvious answer is the real, original Star Wars Trilogy, but that's a whole other section all its own.

Dune, as you said earlier - Baron Harkonnen makes Darth Vader look misunderstood. Who would ever have thought that Paul Atriedes would ever rock Jessie Spano's world like he did?

Beetlejuice (Dune tribute noted).

Cruel Intentions - come on, we all want THAT bitch to get in the end every time.

The Usual Suspects.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Tell me you don't like it.
Roll Tide Roll

Perhaps most memorable....

"The Loved One" recently released on DVD. I was in the Eighth grade, and the film was a spoof on the funeral business in California. Aimee was just sexy enough under that white dress to keep me interested. I later took a job in a funeral home just to get behind the doors and see what that world was like. :S

The movie was full of stars.

Amazon description

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

"Casablanca".

Perfect in every way.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Terry Gilliam's Brazil

Other faves:
Matrix (the first one),
Pan's Labyrinth,
In the Shadow of the Raven (Icelandic flic),
Mehta's Earth.

Current fave 'brain candy' flic: Michael Bay's Transformers

Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying