Broke

Role Playing Games

The ones I can remember:

D&D, AD&D, GURPS, Palladium, Twilight Zone and Twilight Zone 2000, Paranioa, Vampire the Masq, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Amber, Beyond the Supernatural, Call of Cthulhu, Cyberpunk 2020, Cyborg Commando, Dark Conspiracy, DC Heroes, Marvel, Doctor Who RPG, Earthdawn, Elric, Fantasy Hero, Gamma World, Lords of Creation, Macho Women With Guns, Middle Earth, Rolemaster, Millenium's End, Morpheus, Powers and Perils, Rifts, Robotech, Shadowrun, Skyrealms of Jorune, Star Frontiers, Star Wars, Buck Rogers, Talislanta, Torg, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Toon, Warhammer, and Synnibarr.

Did a brief stint at a company called Harvest Moon to write my own rpg, wrote fan fiction for Cyberpunk 2020, etc.

I was really into the scene at one point, but got bored of it once MMORPGs came around and now I just casually play those.

Edit: Oh and I LARP'd once, but that was just to meet chicks.

Wait, I think i'm confused... what exatly is a role playing game?

This specific genre is called "pen and paper roleplaying games", because roleplaying games mean different things(computer roleplaying game, online roleplaying game, psychological counseling roleplaying game, etc). But basically, it's:

You and a bunch of friends sitting around a table, eating junk food, staying up late all night. One person is the game master, who controls the flow of the game(basically makes shit up as he goes along), while everyone else plays a character.

A character is very much like a character in a story, only you have numbers and statistics that make up the character in addition to a backstory. Like your character could be Elizabeth the vampire, who used to show horses professionally before being turned and since then has been playing a lot with knives. So you'd have stats that'd show you were good with horses and knives on your character and these stats come into play with complex game rules.

The game master would tell you about the environment, create the situations(he'd be the story teller) and you'd react to that. You're sitting around watching TV and some robber comes in the back window. Do you kill him or maybe help him rob the rich annoying asshole next door instead?

They can be very fun or very Zzzzz depending on the game, the person running the game and the other players.

One game I loved running was Kobolds Ate My Baby. That was a fun game to run. It is perfect for conventions, because the point of the game master is to kill all the players as many times as possible
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I don't think I've ever even heard of that one, but it sounds like fun. I like games that don't take themselves too seriously, because then players don't get too attached to their characters and the game is more likely to be quick, and thus able to be picked up anytime.
Well, the door was open...

Sad...but true....I played D&D and car wars too.....what can I say....I am easily entertained.:P

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

It started as pen, paper, and dice but has been on computers and game systems too.

Bolas "I swear I was not in the AV club" Rodriguez
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Is it a computer game?

Kids these days...[:/]

:D

:P You know that when you saw this title, you were thinking master/slave, doctor/patient, etc. :P
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.