Conundrum

You get a billion dollars...

Shit I would do it.
Take the billion spend like there is no tommorow and make sure my kids will be taken care of for the rest of their lives.

Then on the last day of the last year do something really stupid
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

...To clarify: Yes, living for only 10 more years is the condition for taking the money, and you cannot use the money to prolong your life. 10 years... that's it.

Hell yes!
At my age, the ten years is the prize...the money is just icing on the cake.

Mmmm Mmmm
Take the money and run.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes.

But, I'm biased.

My answer might change if Billy didn't also die in 10 years. It's something to consider purposefully leaving the one who loves you most (and whom you love equally, if not more.)

In this life, our finances are joint--details don't matter.:)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

HELL NO! i try to live my life to the fullest. i don't think i could do it if i constantly had my expiration date hanging over my head.

That's funny.

Right now your expiration date could be tomorrow or 60 years from now.

Would you really live life any differently?

The difference is the money. And you can certainly "live" a lot more when you know A) You DO have 10 more years ;) and B) You don't waste time planning for things to last more than 10 years.

In other words, no work & play to the fullest. Sounds like the life to me. But, again, I'm biased (no kids and found the love of my life.:)
B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Wow, it was sad and a little eerie to see Shannon's response to this thread from three years ago. Not fair that she only got half that wish.

Just shows that she lived her life on her own terms.

Blue Skies forever Shannon..
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Tomorow is guarenteed to no one so an uncertain tomorow with 1 b is better than an uncertain tomorow with nothing

Plus it's nice to have a billion invested and simply live off the interest! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I cannot understand why people are so infatuated with $.

I'm thinking about this because I was recently hearing about the Alaskan Gold Rush & how much ordinary people would just fucking lose their minds over the prospect of getting gold.

Shit it's just money.:S Life is a gift from God, money comes from humans.

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Shit with a 6% savings accounc online from HSBC if you only put 1mil in the bank you could live nicely off of th 60k annual intrest.

Yeah, that's true... Currently got 100K in a MF, boy is it growing like the dickens! No, it's nothing to live off of, but it should be by the time I retire! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I would so spend this money making everyone I met happy for the next ten years, and I would die the happiest woman on the face of the earth. Everytime I showed up at a dz with my plane/pilot and RV everyone would know that it was party time, and the good times would roll, er fly. Then I'd pay the dz for all of the jumps that we did at his place in my plane, so that he didn't lose any money, and OFF to the next dz. My goal would be to have just enough money left for my ash dive.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I cannot understand why people are so infatuated with $.

I'm thinking about this because I was recently hearing about the Alaskan Gold Rush & how much ordinary people would just fucking lose their minds over the prospect of getting gold.

Shit it's just money.:S Life is a gift from God, money comes from humans.

I voted yes, but I am far from being infatuated with $.

Let's see, the #1 reason why I voted yes was... well, because it's a silly question in the Bonfire that I'm never going to have to give a serious thought to in "real life", so why not vote yes? :P

And yeah, the gold thing has always boggled my mind too. I just don't understand the value of it. You can't eat it, you can't wear it (in any sort of functional sense), it's not a practical material to build a shelter out of, it doesn't even provide a means of entertainment (or at least not one that I understand), etc., etc.... Yet throughout history, people treat it as the most valuable thing on this planet. Doesn't make sense to me... :S