lawrocket

Things kids today have never seen

Bazooka bubble gum... Do they still sell it?Laugh

yes! they do.I have some in the pantry complete with Bazook Joe comic inside.My mom got it for me.B|

You, have a wonderful mom! I always thought Bazooka was better than Dubble Bubble!:D Glad to hear they still make it.
That bubble gums, that came with trading cards was terrible![:/]

Chuck

Actually I stole her 2nd box.She found it somewhere
and bought 2 boxes b/c its hard to find.So I liberated one with her consent.:) Remember Beeman gum? it tasted like mint flavored wax!

I'm 25 and had: skates with a key
rotary phone
baseball cards in my bike spokes (and ate the rock hard bubblegum from the card package lol)
Beta tapes to watch
cassettes on my walkman
Bazooka gum
"The Belt" when I was bad and deserved an ass whooping
My first truck was made the same yr I was born...no new car for me... and had the light dimmer on the floor
sneaking Boones Farm Strawberry Hill was a walk on the wild side for us as teens

yeah my parents were great...still are.

my parents were awesome:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

a belt being removed to punish them

Thanks for bringing back the memories.
>:(

My Dad was personally responsible for keeping the leather business going in the '50s and early '60s.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

metal roller skates that you wore over your shoes and you had to have a key to tighten.

...and YOU!
Another nightmare revisited.
[:/]

I cringe to think about how much skin was lost and blood spilled because those damned things always came off at high speed.

How about...
Kid-made boxcars with steel skate wheels.

Kites made out of newspaper.

An outhouse.

Hand-operated water pump in the house.

The Beatles live.
(In Twardo's case, Beethoven, live.)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

you aren't that old Andrea! Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

It's true! I had them around 1970ish, Clearwater, FL. I can still remember them and how it was such a big deal when I got the roller skates with the white boot for Christmas one year.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

you aren't that old Andrea! Liar, Liar, pants on fire!

It's true! I had them around 1970ish, Clearwater, FL. I can still remember them and how it was such a big deal when I got the roller skates with the white boot for Christmas one year.

Your family must have been rich. You could afford sidewalks to skate on. :D We lived in the country and had no use for skates.

How about kids walking to and from school 10 miles in a blizzard uphill each way? At least that's what my Dad told me that's what he had to do whenever our school was closed for an inch of snow. :ph34r:
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

My parents moved us down from Michigan in '69. When we would complain about the heat, they would bring out the blizzard stories and how we should be thankful that they moved us to FL!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

A channel-changer knob on a TV?

Dimmer switch on the floorboard your car?

45 RPM records?

78RPM vinyl!!

The Berlin Wall

Betamax Video Cassettes

Hell...regular Audio Cassettes for some kids...

Intellivision

ColecoVision

Commodore 64, VIC-20

TELEX machines

*sighs*...:|...I'm old.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

a public library.

What?? We have libraries in every city around here.

Speaking of libraries...remember the little cards that were in every book with the due date punched on the card?

In 1965, I went with my Grandfather to buy the blue tractor that is at The Farm.

While in the middle of the civil rights movement, he still used Blacks as farm labor.

I still vividly remember going to where the laborers lived in their shanty homes to pick them up for work to pick cotton. They worked all day picking cotton, getting paid by the pound. I still have the scale they used to weigh the cotton.

On days when my grandfather wasn't busy farming, he took me by a prison work camp. He would point out to me the prisoners in the chain gang. Middle of August 95 plus degrees busting rocks with sledgehammers. He told me "Boy, if you ever mess up that is where you will be". 42 years later I can still hear him say that.

He bought a new Chevrolet truck in 1966. With three on the tree, no radio, in-line six, no power anything. The only luxury item was a heater.

I remember in 1978, my grandparents putting in a wall mount rotary dial phone. My grandfather would not use it.

My beautiful Grandmother is still here. She has my Grandfather's Georgia driver's license with her. Signed with an "X". She has worked all her life and never has had a driver's license.

Yeah, my kids will never see this kind of stuff.
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

I drove Ford tractors and the bus to pick up the workers that picked citrus when I was young. My grandfather was a grove superintendant here in Florida.
Man was driving that bus an experience! The homes they lived in...the stops for beer on the way to take them home...paying them .25 cents a pick sack. With coupons. Per pick sack as they dumped them in the wagons behind the tractor.

man did you bring back memories!