SarahC07

So, I'm still in love with my ex...

I'm still in love with my ex too. That's not supposed to happen to a guy. If it makes you feel better, it's been over 6 years since I broke up with her, and have not yet forgiven myself for making such a stupid decision. I just get drunk when I need to, and try to minimize the thinking I do about the situation. And it never works. Oh, and how fun, her name was Sara. :P

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I don't know if that question can answer all others. Love is a strong feeling to have, even if you've broken up with someone, or they've broken up with you. Working theory here is that if love really is love, then no break in the relationship can stop it, and no reasoning for a breakup will stick, you'll find a way to get over it.

The question I think we should ask is, do you really love him, even though he's your ex, or is it lust? Lust is an entirely different animal, so make sure you're very clear on the differences. And since you mentioned you were slightly intoxicated, it could be you're not thinking that clearly, just with less inhibition as happens with me. Look forward to your thoughts.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Love is a type of insanity.

Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight.

Marilyn French

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Why is he your ex?

such a simple question that does soooooo much!!

Well done.

Well, sometimes we just don't get what we want, maybe we're not meant to get it with that person. I love many ex's but I had to just let them go. One died, one wasn't in to me, one got married... the reasons go on. I figure if the reason is out of my control then it's not something I need to worry about. I think a (notice I didn't say "the") right person will find me way too valuable to let go. I have faith. Sometimes faith hurts though...

First, to bigway. Yes.

And to swedishcelt, you're right, faith hurts. It's worth believing in something though. To be honest, I have little faith left because of my history in relationships. And after breaking up with the best thing that ever happened to me, let's just say love really is blind. Blind and stupid.

I don't know if that question can answer all others. Love is a strong feeling to have, even if you've broken up with someone, or they've broken up with you. Working theory here is that if love really is love, then no break in the relationship can stop it, and no reasoning for a breakup will stick, you'll find a way to get over it.

The question I think we should ask is, do you really love him, even though he's your ex, or is it lust? Lust is an entirely different animal, so make sure you're very clear on the differences. And since you mentioned you were slightly intoxicated, it could be you're not thinking that clearly, just with less inhibition as happens with me. Look forward to your thoughts.

It's been 7, almost 8 months. We ended it while we were living about 4.5 hours away from each other. And now I live about 12 minutes from him, we have mutual friends, and we talk at least once or twice a week.

A group of us went out last night - obviously, he was there.

Without contaminating bonfire with all the details that may or may not mean anything ... a mutual friend, who's known me for 5 years and him for closer to 10 years ... said to me last night "Awww, you guys were flirting, it was too cute." to which I kinda sighed. She said to me "Just let him do what he needs to do, you do what you need to do and I think you'll end up back together."

What I'm doing may be self destructive, but I'm not willing to give up on him altogether. He's an awesome person, and if a friend is all I get to keep, then so be it.

So it seems you're being very realistic and rational about this. You're not hanging onto a hopeless situation, and you're not taking your friend's words as a direct mandate to resume your previous relationship.

Might I ask why you two broke up in the first place? If you don't feel like answering, that's perfectly fine, it's not really my business, just want to get a better picture.

Well, sometimes we just don't get what we want, maybe we're not meant to get it with that person. I love many ex's but I had to just let them go. One died, one wasn't in to me, one got married... the reasons go on. I figure if the reason is out of my control then it's not something I need to worry about. I think a (notice I didn't say "the") right person will find me way too value to let go. I have faith. Sometimes faith hurts though...

... and then there's Jack Daniels.

Mine is still madly in love with me too. I get such pleasure from tormenting her, leading her on, and then getting to hurt her all over again. :)

I still love all of my exes.. but by no means am I IN love with them. i care about their well beings, and am really worried about the one i currently have no contact with because she went to chile about 5 months ago.

You'll always love/care for those who you had strong feelings for. But you have to grow past that, and move on.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Almost 4 years since the big D. She's remarried. My kids live with them (although I see them alot).

I have regrets I'll never outlive. It's a hell of a way to live your life. Struggle with it daily. She's the mother of our kids and that's a strong bond.

I've forgiven myself for the things I did. I know I really need to forgive her but how do you forgive someone who doesn't think they did you wrong?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Forgiveness is an internal thing... it doesn't matter what they think about what happened. You make a conscious decision to not allow what happened to affect the way you live your life, or your relationship with that person. Keep in mind that we all view each situation through our own internal "lens" that has been focused with our individual life experiences. Her lens may not allow her to see that she hurt you, and that has nothing to do with you and everything to do with her.

Mine is still madly in love with me too. I get such pleasure from tormenting her, leading her on, and then getting to hurt her all over again. :)

Did she hurt you that bad, or do you just enjoy being cruel? [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm still in love with my ex too. That's not supposed to happen to a guy. If it makes you feel better, it's been over 6 years since I broke up with her, and have not yet forgiven myself for making such a stupid decision. I just get drunk when I need to, and try to minimize the thinking I do about the situation. And it never works. Oh, and how fun, her name was Sara. :P

LOL, for a second I thought you were my friend from Sacramento, CA... He still obsesses over his ex from many years ago... Her name was Sara as well. I think I'm going to make it a rule to never date a Sara.:D
Gravity Waits for No One.

LOL, for a second I thought you were my friend from Sacramento, CA... He still obsesses over his ex from many years ago... Her name was Sara as well. I think I'm going to make it a rule to never date a Sara.:D

Ha, yeah, good rule. Except this Sara was the best thing that ever happened to me, I just didn't realize that until after I broke up with her.

Many times. Most recently I changed screennames as no other means had worked, and finally saw her online, said a brief hello, did a little catching up before she had to get back to work, but that was over a week ago, and I haven't been able to get a response from her since. I'm going to stay patient, just try to say a casual hello whenever I see her online, and hope she keeps talking, although my suspicion is that she's really moved on with her life, and doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. My own stupid fault I guess.

I think I need more than luck, more like a miracle, but thanks. Stupid mistake, probably not correctable, but my expectations are low. My only realistic hope is to eventually tell her how I still feel about the situation between us. Even if she never talks to me again, at least I was 100% honest with her, and she deserves that much from me.

If after 6 years, you're still so hung up on her that you're changing screennames to get her to listen to you, perhaps you should see a counselor for some advice on how to move on. Happiness can be found by yourself or with someone else, and it sounds like that's where you need to look.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Thing is, I have found happiness for myself, I really don't have very many regrets about things I've done the last few years while I was in college, and after I finally graduated. Problem is I still believe that was the worst decision I've ever made.

Changing screennames was for many other reasons, but it provided a good opportunity to try one more way to get in touch with her again. As I said in my last post, my only intention is to get myself an opportunity to tell her how I feel. If she never talks to me again after that, so be it, at least I expressed my true feelings to her. Just need some closure, and eventually maybe I'll forgive myself.