NWFlyer

BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM.

That's the sound of me banging my head against the wall because I have to pay $245 to get my car out of the tow lot.

Yes, it's entirely my fault.

B|B|B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That's the sound of me banging my head against the wall because I have to pay $245 to get my car out of the tow lot.

Yes, it's entirely my fault.

B|B|B|

Ouch. B|

I feel your pain, i had to do the same thing in July. We were out late at a "Christmas in July" event and there were no spots in my apartment complex when I got home. Parked in the car wash slot b/c I reasoned I would only be there for 3 hours before I had to get up and go to work. Went to move it right when I got up and there was ANOTHER car parked there! >:( Had to pay to get my car back and I don't think the other car got towed.

My brother said the moral of the story is that there is no Christmas in July. :D:S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I just paid over 1K in car repairs, so I suppose it could be worse. I suppose those are entirely my fault as well. I drove the car. :|

Doesn't make a merry Christmas very merry... Sorry to hear that! [:/]

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Phew! With that title I thought sure you had changed your mind about carrying a weapon! :P

What a horrible time of year to be towed. But please stop banging your head against the wall. That's gonna hurt even worse!

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

So, let's have the details

Building has an open garage (e.g., you don't need a card key to get into it during the day). Spots are marked with company names, and assigned to individuals.

We had someone leave at the beginning of November who paid for parking in the building. The spot is still marked with my company's name ... so I figured as long as the name didn't change, I could get away with it. Others in my company regularly park in other unmarked spots (or spots marked for construction).

Yes, I heard that the building management was putting warning notes on peoples' cars about a week ago. I never got one (of course it's probably because I came in later that day than when they were doing the notices :D).

Yet I decide to keep pushing my luck...

The irony is I've probably parked in that spot 30 times, max. At $5-6 for all day parking in the lots around my building, I still haven't gotten my money's worth on that towing fee. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yea I bagged a $123.00 ticket on the way this weekend. But it's not so bad since I was clocked doing 94mph in a 70mph zone.

Maybe Santa validate your parking for you if you leave the ticket in your stocking.:)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Sorry about that. It sucks. My brother had to pay lots of money a few years back. He was doing 120 and got pulled over, except he didn't pull over right away. He didn't notice the cop behind him and kept driving for a couple of miles.

My brother ended up with 3 or 4 tickets, had his car towed and impounded, and had to pay for a lawyer for court.

Maybe Santa validate your parking for you if you leave the ticket in your stocking.:)

That would be nice, but I believe her car was TOWED. She has to pay them to get it back. And I don't think there's much negotiation factor. :S[:/]

That sucks Krisanne! Hope your day does get better. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Phew! With that title I thought sure you had changed your mind about carrying a weapon! :P

similar, i thought about something completely different. it did not include handguns necessarily tough.. :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

First, :DB|:(

Second:

Then, after I'm done, I need to get into that business.

I, myself, am going into the picture framing business. I shopped around and still paid four figures to have three original art pieces framed.B|

And I was thinking to myself--I could have gone to Home Depot and bought some fancy trim board, chopped it & painted it for a fraction of that price. It wouldn't have taken THAT much time. But, it took them two weeks and I paid them in full.:S:P

(But, I LOVE how they turned out! :)
Still...yea I'm going to look into buying a framing shop.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I shopped around and still paid four figures to have three original art pieces framed.B|

Wouldn't have been cheaper to just have one of the figures do the framing instead of all four?:S:D
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

:P

Seriously, though. There's an older couple that owns the shop, and a hippie couple that work all the hours & do the labor in the shop. And they had 15 orders that day! I was in there six times. Oooo, and the hippie couple have two super-cute dogs they bring to work.B| Sooooo, minimal overhead. Have fun aiding & designing. The worker's comp is a bit higher for a glazier but, if the two owner's are exempt and only one other glazier...

I'm just saying--at surface level (i.e. having not looked into it at all) it seems like quite the profitable business to run.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Seriously, though. There's an older couple that owns the shop, and a hippie couple that work all the hours & do the labor in the shop. And they had 15 orders that day! I was in there six times. Oooo, and the hippie couple have two super-cute dogs they bring to work.B| Sooooo, minimal overhead. Have fun aiding & designing. The worker's comp is a bit higher for a glazier but, if the two owner's are exempt and only one other glazier...

I'm just saying--at surface level (i.e. having not looked into it at all) it seems like quite the profitable business to run.

We saw a guy at goodwill buying framed and matted pictures. Told us he threw away the pics and kept the rest for his own pics. B|
One Jump Wonder

$1000 Car repair???...was it a crash? would insurance have paid?....If this was a mechanical repair, then I really need to open my own shop. I will admit that I'm alittle out of date on repair bills today. I have a full shop in my home garage and do all my own repair and I do some on the side for friends that are strapped for cash. Plus my friend owns the auto parts store and I only pay is cost for parts....I mean for $1000 I can repair an entire engine or completely gut and re-build a transmission with new parts for that and probly do it for less than that with rebuilt parts.

Don't you know some unsavory types that could go to the lot to get your vehicle? :P

Judging from the groups I've seen her with-I don't know if she knows and savory types:)

Shane, not all my friends are like you. :P

So I went down and picked the car up and damned if the guy filling out the paperwork didn't throw me for a loop by being this nice, down-to-earth, chatty older gentleman. Next thing I know we're having a nice pleasant conversation about my neighborhood and I'm almost forgetting about the fact that I'm in the middle of a BOHICA situation. It was almost more effective than lube. :D:D:D

Most of the costs in picture frames it the framing material (i.e. the wooden frames that are routed to a particular shape and painted or stained...

of course I generally prefer simple designs (I enjoy simple black or wooden frames without fancy deisgns...) but even then the woods usually used for picture frames is expensive.

fwiw I have the tools to mat and frame my own pictures... my primary limitation are the frame materials themselves...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...