Shotgun

What's a good movie to rent?

If you haven't seen it already, get Mr Brooks with Kevin Costner and William Hurt. I honestly don't like KC but this is one of the best films i have seen in a while.

Hmm, several people have mentioned this one. I might have to check it out, even though I'm not a KC fan either. It does sound interesting.

And someone mentioned Captain Ron. It sounds cheesy, but since it's about sailing, I think I'll have to rent that one too. :)
We recently rented Running with Scissors. I thought it was pretty good, despite bad reviews, but I guess I wouldn't enthusiastically recommend it. And from what I understand, the book was better (as they say about most movies that are based on books), but I haven't read it.

If you haven't seen it already, get Mr Brooks with Kevin Costner and William Hurt. I honestly don't like KC but this is one of the best films i have seen in a while.

Some people say "The Big Chill" was Costner's finest work.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And someone mentioned Captain Ron. It sounds cheesy, but since it's about sailing, I think I'll have to rent that one too. :)

"Captain Ron" is hilarious! :)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

READ IT!!!

hell, read anything by augusten burroughs! he is an amazing writer and ive loved every book of his that ive read. :)

Which of his books is your favorite?

I've never read anything by him, but I wouldn't mind to.

Edit: I was just looking at his books on Amazon, and one called "Dry" has caught my attention. Have you read that one?

i actually just finished Dry the other day! i really liked it, but Magical Thinking was my favorite.

hes very sarcastic. very open. i enjoy writers that i can relate to, and he is one that doesnt pretend like he is anything more than he is.
also he has a pretty neat website www.augusten.com if you want to check out his "style" of writing before buying a book :)

You must rent Ladyhawke!

It's got it all...drama, action, comedy. It has Matthew Brodderick, Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer (before she was "discovered").

It's cleverly written, awesome music and beautiful cinematography!

My most favorite movie of all time! You'll love it!
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Good lord i haven't thought about that movie for YEARS! Might have to go rent it for myself :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

For some strange reason I never saw #20 "The Usual Suspects" until a year ago. DAMN good movie!

Me, too!:D

We've had Netflix about a year now so I'm finally catching up.:P

Shotgun, sadly I haven't been impressed with any of my most recently viewed movies, but I rated Mr. Brooks 3/5 stars. I would give it 3.5 if we could do halves.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Knocked Up is hillarious.

I don't understand what the fuss is about with that one. We watched 30 minutes of it before stopping, putting it back in its sleeve and dropping it in the mailbox.:S

I loved Old School, though.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

For some strange reason I never saw #20 "The Usual Suspects" until a year ago. DAMN good movie!

Me, too!:D

We've had Netflix about a year now so I'm finally catching up.:P

I subscribed a couple years ago. One of the first things I did was to rent many of old classics, including a lot of Hitchcock movies. It is interesting to see how many references to old movies you find in very recent movies and TV shows. For example since I saw "The Usual Suspects" a year ago, I have twice seen subtle references to it in recent TV shows which I would not have understood had I not watched it. And there was an episode of "Scrubs" that had a scene which had me in hysterics, but would only have seemed mildy amusing had I not seen Hitchcocks "North by Northwest".

"The Good Shepard"
About the tumultuous early history of the Central Intelligence Agency.

You will see Nancy LaRiviere as a stunt double being pushed from a Beech D-18 by Guy Wright (yes that Guy). Sally Hathaway also did the stunt jumping scenes but it was Nancy's jump that made the final cut.

Billy Richards did the helicopter flying for the air to air.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

"The Good Shepard"
About the tumultuous early history of the Central Intelligence Agency.

You will see Nancy LaRiviere as a stunt double being pushed from a Beech D-18 by Guy Wright (yes that Guy). Sally Hathaway also did the stunt jumping scenes but it was Nancy's jump that made the final cut.

Billy Richards did the helicopter flying for the air to air.

Wow, small world, Billy Richards is the man. And that's a great movie. Really well made.

As for other movies, The Princess Bride is absolutely hilarious, just saw the first half of that again recently. Seen it already about half a dozen times, and would watch it more often if I could. Oh, and Blood Diamond was amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, definitely see it.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Preferably something funny, but I might consider a good drama or action movie... Any suggestions?

Kinda late reply but

"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"

is pretty funny and yet at the same time has some great social messages - so it fits the drama requirement too.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

There are a lot of good movies out there now-a-days.
How bout this.. I'll tell you one movie to NOT rent..

"Grandma's House"

It was a horrible abortion of a movie. It was just watching people smoke pot and play video games for an hour and a half.....
=========Shaun ==========