Shotgun

What's a good movie to rent?

Preferably something funny, but I might consider a good drama or action movie... Any suggestions?

Drama: Face Off.

Action (no kidding, I found this in the Action section of the video store tonight): Saturday Night Fever. :P (actually have never seen this classic, so here goes a little humor tonight...) ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Action (no kidding, I found this in the Action section of the video store tonight): Saturday Night Fever. :P (actually have never seen this classic, so here goes a little humor tonight...) ;)

Hmm, what kind of "action" are they referring to? :D I probably would have put it in the drama category.

Oh, and I've already seen Face Off, but thanks for the suggestion.

Here are some choices.

I'll be damned! There are some very good choices there.

Didn't recognize #4 until I followed the link. Best line: "You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.":D

For some strange reason I never saw #20 "The Usual Suspects" until a year ago. DAMN good movie!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

...Canadian Bacon...

(sniff, sniff) "You smell that?"

(sniff, sniff) "No, I don't smell anything."

"Exactly! We're in Canada!"

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

...Canadian Bacon...

(sniff, sniff) "You smell that?"

(sniff, sniff) "No, I don't smell anything."

"Exactly! We're in Canada!"

:D

:D:D:D
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I was just looking at the list that kbordson posted, and I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen The Godfather, which is listed as #1 (don't think I have). But I don't think I'm in the mood for that tonight.

I also see Finding Neverland on that list, which sounds sort of good, so I might see if that's available.

Not sure about the concert videos or the really cheesy comedies... :P

Oh, and I saw the Princess Bride a long time ago. I'd probably like to see it again, but not tonight.

Just thought of another very good movie, which I saw at a film festival back in the early 90's. It's a French movie (get the one with sub-titles, not the one that's been done with English voice-overs).

Tatie Danielle. You'll never look at life the same way again after seeing this movie.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Preferably something funny, but I might consider a good drama or action movie... Any suggestions?

I thought man of the year was damn funny. watched that for the first time a couple nights ago.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Tank Girl

Oh yeah, I heard that was pretty funny, but I never saw it. Maybe I'll check that out.

Lots of good suggestions on here. Thanks! (Though I've already seen a lot of these movies.)

I was looking for a somewhat new movie tonight, so I ended up getting Year of the Dog. It was, umm... different. I sorta liked it. But I'll look back here when I rent another one.

JP, I know I saw Snatch before, and I remember that I liked it, but I can't remember much about it now. Might be a good one to watch again.