ACMESkydiver

Fitness Friends! Where are ya? Post your Jan 18-24 updates!!

Sounds like a great weekly routine...and I have to find some of those aerobic strip DVD's! Tongue
--------------------------------------------------------
i was thinikin the same thing...

I already told acme via PM, but i'll let you and everyone else know too. The aerobic strip workouts are free if you have digital cable with On Demand. (Go to your menu and check out "the free spot") If i could figure out how to tape stuff from the On Demand library, i would tape them and send them to you 2...but alas, i'm not that smart.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

End of the 'free trial' lessons today. I HATE, HATE, HATE strong arm sales tactics. Hate them.

-Did I mention how much I hate pushy sales people?

Well I'll mention it now because I HATE pushy sales people.

I hate it when strong arm sales people try to get you to sign a contract.

I really hate it. HATE.

I'm considering not doing it just because of that. >:(

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

went to the gym this afternoon and did some laps. I was only there for about 30 minutes but I had forgotten how much I love to swim and that it is a good work out esp for the arms:ph34r::ph34r:

May have to add that to shake things up!

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

went to the gym this afternoon and did some laps. I was only there for about 30 minutes but I had forgotten how much I love to swim and that it is a good work out esp for the arms:ph34r::ph34r:

May have to add that to shake things up!

If you have access to a pool, take advantage of it! :)
~Jaye

I did a step class today... I really love them, but damn this woman confused me with all the crazy steps she did!!! Oh and did abs too after the step class.

Keep working it girlie......can't wait to see you guys - 3 weeks and counting!!!!!! I am going to try and swim again in the am then go back in the afternoon to do my cardio and lifting. We will see how it goes.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Day 2 of the isometrics, so far so good. Down to 212 lbs. No pain or soreness (yet :P)

My motivation to go swim right now is zilch. could be the whopping high temp of 13 degrees' that is doing it. -sigh- yep I am going.........the thread is keeping me motivated.:P
DPH # 2

Day 2 of the isometrics, so far so good. Down to 212 lbs. No pain or soreness (yet :P)

My motivation to go swim right now is zilch. could be the whopping high temp of 13 degrees' that is doing it. -sigh- yep I am going.........the thread is keeping me motivated.:P

*snaps ya in the butt with a towel*

Get moving, sister!!! :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

End of the 'free trial' lessons today. I HATE, HATE, HATE strong arm sales tactics. Hate them.

-Did I mention how much I hate pushy sales people?

Well I'll mention it now because I HATE pushy sales people.

I hate it when strong arm sales people try to get you to sign a contract.

I really hate it. HATE.

I'm considering not doing it just because of that. >:(

Jaye,

Just be firm, read everything and stick with what you really want and can afford. If this place can't do that for you, walk away and find another place that can. If they want your business, they will work with you. If not, there's always another Kung Fu studio that will.

maura

I did a step class today... I really love them, but damn this woman confused me with all the crazy steps she did!!! Oh and did abs too after the step class.

I love step classes...my gym doesn't have a 'gym' though, so no class for me! [:/]:P

Have fun with it! B|
~Jaye

Awright! B|

Hey are 'isometrics' those table machines that move for you and you just kind of resist the movement?

I'm waiting for them to come out with a full-body TENS machine that electrically stimulates muscles into growing whilest you lay around and read a good book. B|
~Jaye

Jaye,

Just be firm, read everything and stick with what you really want and can afford. If this place can't do that for you, walk away and find another place that can. If they want your business, they will work with you. If not, there's always another Kung Fu studio that will.

maura

I told him again and again, 'give me the total cost, I'll go out and make the money, bring it back, and we'll start'. He just kept telling me that I needed to get started right now. :S No I don't. I'll make your freaking thousand dollars and bring it back to you and start then, but I will NOT sign a contract.

Man it left such a bad taste in my mouth. If there is ever a day in my life that I get good enough at *something* of this nature to instruct, I'm doing it for free. B|
~Jaye

Awright! B|

Hey are 'isometrics' those table machines that move for you and you just kind of resist the movement?

I'm waiting for them to come out with a full-body TENS machine that electrically stimulates muscles into growing whilest you lay around and read a good book. B|

No ma'am... think of the "we must increase our bust" things that the other girls that weren't as endowed as you had to do. :P That's isometrics - self resistance. It's actually pretty effective, because you're pitting the muscle against it's antagonist in a lot of movements (pecs vs lats, biceps vs triceps, etc).

They tell you to visualize moving a heavy barbell or similar to help you conecntrate on the muscles being worked...and it helps to an extent.

As for the TENS unit thing... they have something like that already in the ab-sercizer or whatver the fuck it's called... doesn't work worth a damn from what I understand.

It sure would be nice, though!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Last day of the thread, guess I'll jump back in. Doubt anyone's missed me though. :P

Started working out Tuesday after three weeks worrying about other things, taking advantage of the fact that my best friend was only in town for a few weeks. Did 200 pushups so I wouldn't overdo it, and yesterday I got to find out how bad three weeks set me back.

Turns out I'm not quite as old as I thought I was. Managed to swim 1500yds of combined front crawl, hypoxic, and kick development with fins, and I'm not really hurting today. That means I'm going to run today, see if I can kick this cough I've had for a week. Anyway, seems I was in such good shape when I stopped, the 3 weeks off didn't change much.

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I too have been on sabbatical until this week.
Sunday - Cardio+ upper body
Monday - Cardio + swim + lower body
Tuesday - Cardio + swim + upper body
Wednesday - Cardio
Today - will probably not work out....but back at it tomorrow.

have actually gained 2 lbs ->:(
Must be the conversion factor........

DPH # 2

Welcome back! I did legs (squats, one legged squats, presses, lunges, curls, etc.) with my trainer last night and I'm already sore this morning! It looks like I won't make my class tonight but I think I'll head to the gym near the office and do some cardio and upper body tonight to balance what I did last night.

Me too.

I felt like crap over the weekend so last week's mileage goal went unmet. This week is shaping up well though - averaging four miles a day just in getting to, from and around school, and I have to be there five days a week.

The walking class doesn't meet in the rain and it's been raining all week. Looking forward to adding those 2-3 miles twice a week to my totals (59.57 miles since the 7th - that's an over 3 mile a day average, including 2 planned and 2 unplanned "zero" days B|).

Glad everyone's getting back on track; put me on that list, too.

My son has been very sick this past week and hasn't slept hardly at all in 2 days...so of course I haven't, either. :S[:/] I have opted for sleep when I've had time instead of working out, and I really believe it was the right decision. I barely felt a soreness in my throat yesterday, downed a TON of vitamins and got some rest, and knock on wood, I haven't caught this terrible bug.

I'm wanting to work out tonight...treadmill mixed with kung fu work. I found that I LOVED doing 5 minutes tradmill, 5 minutes punches...10 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes kicks and blocks. It keeps it interesting, and keeps my heart rate WAY up, and keeps both upper and lower body muscles working hard.

I'm not ready to go back to my hard HARD muscle work outs yet; I'll look at that next week.

Oh...and a business partner of mine said that I looked great with the weight loss. That felt good. :$

~Jaye

I would like to get down to 135......we will see how it goes......back at it in the am and my 10 yr. old daughter is interested so going to bring her along.
DPH # 2

Good deal being back on track! Sorry to hear your son's been sick, hope he's feeling better. :)
Ran for half an hour, probably a little over 3 miles on the local roads and hills. That was fun.

Today I got up at 5 again and swam 2000yds of front crawl, hypoxic, kick development, and 5 sets of 100yds and 20 pushups. In the middle of some 50-rep sets of situps, will update in a little while.

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

OK, just updating what I said before.

Just finished 300 situps in sets of 50. It just doesn't seem like enough though, so I'll probably do some sets of flutterkicks after I eat lunch and walk the dog. I almost forgot how fun this routine is. B|