novacaine

Blind date horror stories!!

A buddy of mine set me up on a blind date this evening. Little did he tell his wife and him were not able to make it for dinner and drinks. (But he told me to bing a notepad and a pen??)
So I make it down to the pub (thinking I'd see my buddy) and after a ten minute wait, this hot woman walks over to me and writes on a pad of paper if I was her date for the evening. I reply that I am and waiting for my buddy and his wife. She writes that they aren't able to make it.
We sit down at a table and I try and make small talk with her. And she has the nerve to sit there and write in this book that she is carrying. It isn't until the third note that I clue in she is deaf!
Now I realize the importane of the pad and pen!! It was a little awkward to write my thoughts down on the paper as I am not the greatest speller in the world.
So it is a bit awkward for me at first, but 5 hours later it is not a big deal! Yet, extremely different, as I have never had a blind date like this!!:S
We leave the pub, each going in our own direction. On the way home my buddy calls me and says that the evening was a hit from the womans end.
Yet, now here I am a little perplexed, as I had an enjoyable evening, a good "conversation" and some good laughs.
Yet, just my luck, a woman I kind of click with and I can't really communicate except by writing.

Sidenote: I am left hand and can't figure out ASL using my right hand for the life of me so attempting to learn sign language might be out.

So to make me feel better, I would like to hear other peoples Blind date horror stories!

I would love to have a hot deaf women, they usally dont speak either, no bullshit to have to listen too....

sign lanquage made easy

you point at her then point at your self and then ball a fist and move it sideways next to your cheek while poking your tongue at the opposite cheek.... she will understand

next lesson

start again by pointing at her and then point to yourself , then make a fist in each hand and place hands beside waist, move hips back and forth with hands moving in opposite directions and smile, she will understand

for all other commmunication the middle finger works well.

;)

"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

now, where's the horror in that story?

Blind date! He showed up expecting the girl to be blind, not deaf.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Sounds like you should follow this through. My worst set up was with a beautiful blond. We were set up by a mutual friend. I met her a very nice resteraunt. she had arrived first and before the Entree arrived she was so shit faced amd making such a scene, i was ready to just leave her. But she had taken a cab there.
It ended with me carrying this woman over my shoulder to my car, where she barfed all over the place, i then went through her purse and found her adress and drove her home. Took her keys and got in the apatment and put her on her bed face down and left.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

:D:D:D

yea, thats a let-down, now that she's seen his ugly face.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Run with it. A hot woman had a great time with you. You'll figure out the important signs quickly, and write the rest. Then as you keep on going, you can learn more.

But consider -- just a few signs (thanks, bathroom, I'd like another beer, make me a sammich) would make life easier, right? :) If you met a really hot Swedish woman you'd probably be learning Swedish...

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Run with it. A hot woman had a great time with you. You'll figure out the important signs quickly, and write the rest. Then as you keep on going, you can learn more.

I've been sitting here a minute trying to figure out how to work 'deaf, dumb, and blind' into this and I just can't without it sounding like a PA.... anyway, I'd agree with you run with it. :)
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Blind date *horror* story?!!!!! Are you crazy? That sounds like an awesome blind date.

edited to add:

Yet, just my luck, a woman I kind of click with and I can't really it will take her a while to figure out how just how warped I am because we can't communicate except by writing--woohoo!!!!!!.

Fixed it for ya'.

Walt

It won't be an issue if you're really interested in her. You'll be surprised at how quickly you learn to communicate if you try. The only real thing to get over is that people naturally feel awkward and frustrated when they have trouble expressing their point. Try talking to her over email and instant message at first.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Sidenote: I am left hand and can't figure out ASL using my right hand for the life of me so attempting to learn sign language might be out.

Thats a real dumb excuse. For one thing, sign language uses both hands.
IF you are talking about fingerspelling you can learn it with eithr hand unless you are actually crippled.

So its a bit of work and effort. She may well be worth it.

BTW, this certainly doesnt sound like a horror story to me.
Sounds like a good date.
__

My mighty steed

Hey thankd for the laugh and advice! I considered it a bad blid date lastnight, as it wasn't what I was expecting. More so frustrated with my buddy for not shaing the fact that she is deaf.
Yet, the more I thought about it the more I have come to the realization that if he had told me, I probably wouldn't have gone.
Though, having gone one a date with a deaf woman, really places a whole new meaning on the term "Do I need to spell it out for you?!!"
It is my worry that I will not be able to learn ASL quick enough for her if we persue this relationship.
I gess it is a matter of taking it day by day!
Thanks everyone!!

Hey thankd for the laugh and advice! I considered it a bad blid date lastnight, as it wasn't what I was expecting. More so frustrated with my buddy for not shaing the fact that she is deaf.
Yet, the more I thought about it the more I have come to the realization that if he had told me, I probably wouldn't have gone.
Though, having gone one a date with a deaf woman, really places a whole new meaning on the term "Do I need to spell it out for you?!!"
It is my worry that I will not be able to learn ASL quick enough for her if we persue this relationship.
Thanks everyone!!

Give her a good dicking and she'll be very patient with you as you learn . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:D:D:D

yea, thats a let-down, now that she's seen his ugly face.. :P

I had an ex gf that told me the perfect woman is one that was blind and deaf. Well I am half way there!! B|:ph34r:

Thanks everyone!!

If she really likes you and see's you making an effort, she will be fine if it takes a long time.
Deaf folks are usually pretty appreciative when a hearing person takes the time to learn to sign.

I never dated a deaf girl, but I was good friends with a couple and learned a lot of sign in the process. It doesnt take all that long to get enough to get by. the rest comes in time.
__

My mighty steed

Man, I've got a good one from high school. If this doesn't make you feel better, I don't know what will.

I dated this chick in 10th grade, a friend of my sister's. That was the first mistake. The second mistake was not realizing she was a whore right away. Took 4 months on that one. So inevitably we broke up, or I should say I broke up with her. Good for me, right? Wrong.

She calls me back a few weeks later, says she's realized she shouldn't have been such a bitch, and knows why I broke up with her, but won't get back in a relationship with me for that reason. She also said while she was dealing with the break-up, she mentioned me to a friend of hers, who was interested in meeting me. Gave me her number, I called her, and we chatted. She seemed like a very genuine person, so no problem there.

Here's where it gets fun. I'd never seen a picture of her, but I invited her to a small party at my school for an evening, we could sit and chat and get to know each other. Only when she arrived at my house did I figure out what the problem was. She had to be 250 lbs. She was HUGE! What do you say to something like that? I took her to the party anyway, tried to act like she was a friend of a friend who needed to get out and do something fun, she played along, and we got through the night, and we parted ways and never spoke again.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche