Rudderow

ABSINTHE

And you feel the rules about not posting ads in the forums dont apply to you because?

And you feel the need to point this out for what reason?

Well he IS a former moderator and knows the rules, or thinks he's still a moderator, but without all the cool tricks... ;)

Perhaps he should realize he is a FORMER moderator and stick to that game plan.

Wow, for a newbie you're awfully mouthy.

I have been sent here to straighten out the people that need straightening out.

And yes - you are on the list.

classic!

Oh no!

Go for it tough guy. :D

Just behave yourself and everything will be just fine.

That's the best you got? Pfft.

Babe, I have yet to unleash my best. I'm just getting started.

I'm saving that for someone that isnt so impressionable. I prefer challenges.

You're quickly losing tough guy points. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Happy trolling.

Babe, I have yet to unleash my best. I'm just getting started.

Oh, really? :D

Wanna bet this dude is another one of those "posting under an alternative screen name and about to get banned" users? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Worst hangover I ever had...while in Okinawa four of us went to a bar and drank 2 gallons of "mojo" Absinthe mixed with some kind of punch. That was on friday night...I don't remember anything until monday morning when they announced pay call, I couldn't even get out of bed for that!!! To this day just the smell of black liquorish makes my stomach turn and my head hurt, and that was 25 years ago!!

I have been sent here to straighten out the people that need straightening out.

And yes - you are on the list.

Oooooohhhh....can I be on the list too? :D

Blues,
Dave

Ant list pales in comparaison with The Scrap Book Of Wrath.
Remster

I am fairly sure that the real Absinthe (with wormwood) is still illegal in the US. That would also explain why you didn't get halucinations from the stuff you can actually buy and which doesn't have any halocinogens in it.

My understanding was that it was never illegal to possess or drink absinthe in the US, it's just been (and may remain) illegal to sell.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I am fairly sure that the real Absinthe (with wormwood) is still illegal in the US. That would also explain why you didn't get halucinations from the stuff you can actually buy and which doesn't have any halocinogens in it.

Looking through fda.gov, the only relevant reference to absinthe, wormwood or thujone is found here. According to this regulation, wormwood (artemisia) is allowed as a food additive as long as it is thujone free. Signs point to real absinthe still being illegal.

True absinthe will NOT make you "trip". It will if you down a full bottle, but then again, so will most liquors above 100 proof.
Absinthe, in most cases, should be enjoyed with 1 part absinthe, 4 parts water or so. Add sugar at will, as some absinthe are really bitter. One should drink it like one drinks pastis. A couple of glasses over few hours while chewing the fat with friends. College frat is not the place to drink it, especially not straight up. And all the artists who were "tripping" at the turn of the century were either doing it because they were abusing the stuff, or because they were doing other shots and drugs on the side. If one wants to have hallucinations, one should drop acid, not absinthe. My ¥.02...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."