faulknerwn

Dog Names

You have a cat named Mouse, so maybe you should name the new addition Cat... Cats chase mice... Dogs chase cats... Yeah, I know it's stupid, but no one else said it.

Actually, I think that one's pretty good, though I'd modify it to "kitty". With a little luck, the dog will get positive reinforcement for coming when called on a regular basis. She says "Come here kitty" and if he does, he gets to chase the cat that was also answering the call. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You have a cat named Mouse, so maybe you should name the new addition Cat... Cats chase mice... Dogs chase cats... Yeah, I know it's stupid, but no one else said it.

Actually, I think that one's pretty good, though I'd modify it to "kitty". With a little luck, the dog will get positive reinforcement for coming when called on a regular basis. She says "Come here kitty" and if he does, he gets to chase the cat that was also answering the call. :D

Blues,
Dave

Nice! I like it! :D But, it's not my dog... I will see her this weekend, so hopefully there will be a name picked out before then. ;)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

If I can't come up with a name that fits naturally, I name them after cities.
I've had a German Shepard named Bangor(one of my best friends from college was from Bangor, Maine. Also had an Aussie Shepard named Joplin. But what do I know, I named my St. Bernard Booger because he had a bid white spot on the inside of his nose that looked like one.
My 2 cents.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

You can only get away with names like that for dogs and cats. Start naming children stuff like that and you can just move into the trailer park now--and not the kind of trailer that skydivers live in, either! ;)

A friends son just named his new baby Camaro. I reckon you can guess what he drives.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

You can only get away with names like that for dogs and cats. Start naming children stuff like that and you can just move into the trailer park now--and not the kind of trailer that skydivers live in, either! ;)

A friends son just named his new baby Camaro. I reckon you can guess what he drives.

...or where he was concieved
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

On Sunday a couple of sweet labradors showed up at the dropzone. One had tags and the other didn't. Once we got the info from the vet on Monday morning, I drove over to the address I got from the vet (the phone #'s didn't work.) One dog belonged to the lady, but she had never seen the second.

So I took the second one back, and called local vets/humane society's. I put up a sign at the local grocery store (small town) and asked at the post office and of the UPS guy. Its now Wednesday night and no one has claimed this sweet thing. In the meantime she's been winning over my heart. She climbed right into bed with me the first night I brought her in, and gets along with my cats even.

So its starting to look like I may have a new dog :-)

But she needs a name (although she answers to DOG all week :-) I just can't think of what to call her. She's solid black, a SWEET gentle labrador who follows me everywhere and is very smart and obedient.

Ideas?

W

(I left her sleeping on the floor for like 1 minute while I went outside. The picture below is how I found her snoozing away when I got back :-)

Our Black Lab that was stolen from us this summer was named Annie. I still miss her. She was a great dog, and I hope yours is as nice. She was also VERY smart, and brought me whatever object I last held. She must have had one heck of a nose. Every shoe, cell phone, pair of glasses, remote control, has her teeth marks on them. Not chewed, just carried.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

On Sunday a couple of sweet labradors showed up at the dropzone. One had tags and the other didn't. Once we got the info from the vet on Monday morning, I drove over to the address I got from the vet (the phone #'s didn't work.) One dog belonged to the lady, but she had never seen the second.

So I took the second one back, and called local vets/humane society's. I put up a sign at the local grocery store (small town) and asked at the post office and of the UPS guy. Its now Wednesday night and no one has claimed this sweet thing. In the meantime she's been winning over my heart. She climbed right into bed with me the first night I brought her in, and gets along with my cats even.

So its starting to look like I may have a new dog :-)

But she needs a name (although she answers to DOG all week :-) I just can't think of what to call her. She's solid black, a SWEET gentle labrador who follows me everywhere and is very smart and obedient.

Ideas?

W

(I left her sleeping on the floor for like 1 minute while I went outside. The picture below is how I found her snoozing away when I got back :-)

Call him "Sooty" . . . be rude not to.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

She's solid black, a SWEET gentle labrador who follows me everywhere and is very smart and obedient.

* Magic (black magic woman, get it?)

* Hillary (name her after a *real* bitch!)

Do I win?

Walt

We had a dog that just sort of joined our family, so we named her "Tandem" cuz she was a real bitch and just came along for the ride.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Just make sure you name her quick -- because whatever you are calling her now in the meantime will soon become her name to her.

(Spoken from experience... because I didn't think I was going to keep her but hey ya gotta call the dog something when you talk to her... I still recall that "oh shit" moment, after I decided I was indeed keeping her, when I realized my dog thought her name was "Pookie." Although with those ears, she could have ended up named Sister Bertrille, so I guess it worked out okay.

Just make sure you name her quick -- because whatever you are calling her now in the meantime will soon become her name to her.

(Spoken from experience... because I didn't think I was going to keep her but hey ya gotta call the dog something when you talk to her... I still recall that "oh shit" moment, after I decided I was indeed keeping her, when I realized my dog thought her name was "Pookie." Although with those ears, she could have ended up named Sister Bertrille, so I guess it worked out okay.

OMG what a face! She's a cutie! :)
LOVE the ears! :ph34r::ph34r:
'Shell

If that were true then she wouldn't answer to anything other then what her previous owners called her.
You can train a dog to repond to the name you give them. That's usually the first thing you work on though.
My photos

My Videos

My daughter had a dog follow her home years ago. We already had a dog. We tried to find a home for the new dog, but couldn't, so we ended up keeping him. We declared him the Auxiliary Back-up Dog, and so he became Aux.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis