Lastchance

Saying goodbye to a canine friend.

I know the pain you and your wife are feeling and I am so sorry for your loss.

My little dog Maggie died last Feb and though it's been a year I still miss her so much. [:/]

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I'm sorry for your loss...

A Dog's Prayer

Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When you add up all the hours you spend together, you find you've had more companionship from a pet in a few years than from most of your oldest friends. And in some ways it's the best kind of companionship - unconditional and uncomplicated. I think that's partly why we love animals so much. They remind us of how we should take pleasure in simple things. No wonder they leave such a big hole.

Works both ways, though. A cared-for pet in a loving home like yours really does have a great life - you obviously couldn't have done any more to make Jazz happy. Be thankful for those years. I've no doubt she was.

This thread hit very close to home.
I came from visiting my mom on New Years day....I stepped into the washroom from the garage.....Junior my 13 YO Mini Schnauzer was lying on the floor facing the door. He raised his head when I walked in....blinked once , laid down his head and died. It was almost like he was just waiting to say goodbye.
I miss him terribly. You just couldnt ask for a better friend or companion.
We buried him under a tree in the backyard in a howling snowstorm. It made me feel terrible cuz Junior hated the cold.
I hope hes waiting at the Rainbow bridge for me.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Putting your dog to sleep is hard. :(

I had to put my 11 year old dog down because she just stopped listening and got nasty and then bit my mom. She could be the sweetest most loving dog and was up until the day she was put to sleep unless it was something she didn't want to do. Then she'd growl, bark, and snap. :(

I still feel I failed her in some way. In doing some reading near the end I did do alot of things wrong. I tried to change it, but it was too late. I haven't gotten another pet. Partly the reason why I don't want kids.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

My thread wont be too far back in the bonfire. Family dog died after having seizures and the vets just didnt know what it was. Old dog and we put her to sleep. Its tragic thats for sure.

Then i went out to get drunk a few weeks later and somehow ended up coming home with a dog i didnt pay a penny for and gave him to my mum. Shes got a new little buddy now and i barely remember even walking home with him.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

damn you guys! thanks for making me cry at work.. :(

to sorry about your dog!

thinking about that often too lately, my doggie's 7 yrs old, being a big dog, it wont last that long anymore.. makes you sick to your stomach, having to loose your only very best friend..

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

my doggie's 7 yrs old, being a big dog, it wont last that long anymore..

My fairly big dog (shepherd mix, about 75 lbs) died at 14, with all but the last 2 days being high-quality days that she was happy to spend pissing off the neighbors' dogs.

So enjoy those days, and don't look forward to the future -- you don't know what it will bring.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have some friends that got a dog a similar way. No idea where it came from or how they got it.

We always tease them that they dognapped it.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I have some friends that got a dog a similar way. No idea where it came from or how they got it.

We always tease them that they dognapped it.

LOL--I was just wondering that same thing about Andy! With him, ANYTHING is possible! :P
TPM Sister #102

Thanks again to all out there who have posted their condolences. I really thought we would be bringing Jazz back home last night but under the circumstances it would have been prolonging her pain. The vet told us that since her throat was closing up that she also stood a good chance of choking to death and that was something that neither my wife or I could bear to see. I sure wish I had known that she wouldn't be coming home. It was 15 below 0 outside the night before but we would have went on one more walk. She had balls stashed for a half a mile in all directions that she would find on our walks. Our other dog Yukon has been wandering around looking for her and it breaks my heart to see. We are lucky to still have him and our 3 cats. Yukon is 14 now and we are not sure how much longer he will be with us but we will cherish the time we have left with him. We are not sure if we are ready yet to go get another dog but we will eventually. We will definatly have to pick out a pup that has all the energy that Jazz had and also one that loves to chase the ball. One memory of Jazz was when I pulled a sticker of some sort off of a product and stuck it on her forehead. She ran around for a full day oblivious to the sticker cuz all she could think of was her ball. Got a picture of that. What a goofball she was. If we were out in the woods without a ball she would bring you a tree to throw. Once we were out and she found a 2 foot square sheet of styrofoam. I would throw it like a frisbee and it would bank and curve and float down haphazardly with Jazz chasing it to and fro. It was hilarious to watch. There are lots of good memories and lots of pictures. Thanks again to everyone.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.