Lolie

Stupid people who pretend they skydive...

This was at the Bomb Shelter? Was the phony a skydiver, or was he a phony in that respect as well? It doesn't surprise me that SEALS from Coronado would be at Perris. I hope that clown found a rock to crawl under. Man, I would have liked to see that.

My buddy Kregg Jorgenson ran into some phonies firsthand when he was working the table for "Behind the Lines" Magazine at the SoF Con in Vegas. He talks about it some in his book, "Very Crazy, G.I."http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0804115982/qid=1037222944/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-7328416-8933630?v=glance&s=books

The pathetic nerve of some people. I doubt a SEAL would have a Budweiser on his leg, anyway. On his chest, his bicep, or on his dick, maybe, but not on his leg...heh :ph34r:

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Well, my Mrs. was getting her haircut and was trying to tell the beautician about how YESTERDAY she was at the DZ watching me jump, and the stylist just wouldn't stop about telling her how brave she was, and how cool, and she's trying to tell this haircutter "No, my HUSBAND..." but the stylist won't listen, so she answered the questions like she was a skydiver. "Yes, there's two jumpmasters CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT, TOP, UP-DOWN-OUT. Aw the stylist was just eating it up. My wife pays attention, so she actually could pass for somebody right off AFF. We laughed for quite a while over that one:ph34r::ph34r:

you wouldn't BELIEVE how many guys i met in airborne school who found out i was a skydiver and they bs'ed on and on about how they had jumped too... it was hilarious just playing the game then catching them in a trap with a question they had NO idea what i was talking about... ;)

"So, what kind of semi-triangular flexible ripcord casings did you use with your MNO? I prefer a seven-sided R-12, but most of the people I jump with use the traditional eleven, like a QZI or a Fine-n-Dandy..." :ph34r:

LOLOLOLOL:D:D:D

funniest shit i have read all day!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Was the phony a skydiver, or was he a phony in that respect as well?

I -think- the guy was a student and just didn't have a clue as to where in the F he was.

One of the SEALs that was busting the phony was on my 4-way team in 2000 -- Ray Gun -- now on the Leap Frogs. I've now jumpped with a number of his buddies and it's amazing how most of them are totally unlike the stereotype. As a matter of fact, they're usually pretty nice guys that you'd never expect to be in that business and if you ever hear somebody bragging about it in a bar, that's almost a sure sign they are NOT a real SEAL.

On the other hand, once they found this guy and after having a bit of fun with him for being such an asshole, he was lucky to get out of the bar alive.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yah, I would like to have seen the look on his face when he realized...that had to have been a special moment for the guys...hehehe :ph34r:

Don't know any SEALS personally, but ran into them from time to time at Little Creek.

mh

As a matter of fact, they're usually pretty nice guys that you'd never expect to be in that business and if you ever hear somebody bragging about it in a bar, that's almost a sure sign they are NOT a real SEAL.

Boy, you can take that to the bank. An operator isn't about to advertise, especially these days.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH Little Creek:):).... sometimes if you get up real early, you can watch them PT on the beach at Dam Neck

I sure miss Dam Neck. That was a great beach, and it was never crowded like Ft. Story was.

That is, when the Beachmasters weren't training there...hehehe

I don't miss the stink from the sewage plant, tho! Yagh!

Ever been to Ft Monroe? That's got a nice little beach too, and the bay side is sweet!

you wouldn't BELIEVE how many guys i met in airborne school who found out i was a skydiver and they bs'ed on and on about how they had jumped too...

Yeah, but weren't you impressed? Didn't they get you swooning anyway?

C'mon, admit it, you were hot for them. You know it. :ph34r:

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

30 minute skydive huh must of been about 160.000 feet where do i sign up for that???

actually CAPT. Joe kittinger made the famous 105,800ft jump. It lasted just over 7 minutes:S.
30minutes?! Hmmm maybe he was actually an astronaut. or maybe he was adding the ride up. or maybe he was the guy who got caught in the storm and hadda cut waya JUST to get low enough to get out of the updrafts.
or MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he was full of shit!:P;):)
I woulda stopped him got my money back and explain to everyone how full of shit he was!

I had one guy say he did a tandem from 35000ft. when I tried to explian he problably meant 13,500ft. he insisted he was correct. then he told me they didnt use oxygen and then he started to add the flies on to his steaming pile of story!;) after I was sure he wasnt mistaken I quizzed him in friont of all his friends....they saw how full of it he was.:P;)
people like that give US a bad name;)
My photos

My Videos

I've met someone like that. It was a few years ago, and it was so obvious he was BSing about all his skydives. At first, before I realized he was lying, I tried to ask him where he jumped, who he knew, (cuz he said it was at my home dz....), stuff like that. But his answers were way off-maybe not as bad as talking about 30 minute skydives or base jumps, but still at the end of the conversation, I doubted that he had even done a tandem. And, yes, he knew I was a jumper and he still kept BSing me. It was kind of funny in a pathetic way.:S

(But I don't think I would have let someone that dillusional put holes in my body!:P) Damn, Lolie, yer brave!;)
maura

*** "A skydive that lasted half an hour..."

So THAT was the guy in that lousy skydiving movie,,, POINT BREAK ;);)
Did he also tell you about having a conversation with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze,,,,,,WHILE they were experiencing this half hour skydive??????... Man,,, that
baloney really cracked me up,,,,,,,, where they are yellin' back and forth at one another,,,(while the altimasters are reading like 2 grand...)..,"you pull,,, no YOU pull.... no YOU pull."... hahahaha meanwhile NOBODY is pullin' and like 40 more seconds go by, and they still haven't run out of sky yet.......THAT's how you get to make a half hr. skydive.....:| hahaha

I was haveing dinner in a friend of mine's pub/resturant when one of his employees overheard that I was a skydiver. He then proceeded to tell me that he had done some jumping in Arizona and had begun instruting after 25 jumps.... Uh sure. I didn't really feel up to ruining my meal by debating this twit about it so we let him go on and on about how much fun it was to take people on there first tandem jumps..blah blah blah. Then he tried to cover his ass vy saying that he had just recently gotten out of prison after a 2 year stint and things probably had changed, regarding rules and regualtions. This is where I turned my listener off. I did my first jump almost 3 years ago and I am pretty sure that my instructors had a couple of more than just 25 skydives.:S

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Fake"Yeh, Iv'e done that but...." are people usually trying to "sell" something else that they think humouring me then move to pitch their point/sales or what ever:| I just say "no... seriously , I'm talking about actually S-K-Y-D-I-V-I-N-G, not para-sailing at the shore or watching TV". It gives them a way out of their own lie at the same time you're calling there bluff.
I got at lot of things in my past but, I always have proof. Life is to be lived and no time for B.S.
Love always,
-Grant G.:|

You said it Quade

I have a very good friend who was a member of the South African Reconnaissance Commandos (Similar to the British SAS ). These guys have one hell of a reputation. Antony spent 5 years fighting the SA bush war and saw more shit than anybody has a right to...I am surprised he is still sane.
Anyway as to how he looks. I think a Gummi Bear is an apt description. A 5' 7" Gummi Bear with a 28" waistline. He laughs all the time, avoids fights, has a wicked sense of humour and looooves the ladies.
The only indication as to his 'potential' is his eyes. They can flick from laughter to something quite scary and deadly. His mates from the old regiment are much the same and they rarely, if ever talk about what they did and went through.

As for skydiving bullshitl. I have had this gem directed at me next to a bar. "I have jumped out of a chopper and it is really dangerous because when the parachute pulls you back up you can strike the rotor blades". I said nothing.:|