lawrocket

Cartoons you like

Nowadays - South Park (if I could just find a channel that shows them with closed captioning, Comedy Channel doesn't )

I thought you could read lips.:P

And wouldn't close captioning kinda ruing the idea of Kenny?

I dare you to find a deaf person who can lipread cartoon characters! :D:D:D

I guess my favorite lines from that cartoon would be:
"oh my god they killed Kenny!"
"those bastards!"
"yeah, f-f-f-f-f-f-fuck em!"

any other great one-liners? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

All the toons listed so far have been pretty great, but my most recent favorites were Dexter's Laboratory and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Dexter - a little hit and miss, but some of the best satires of kung fu and anime I've ever seen (they did a "Speed Racer" parody that had me literally rolling on the floor).

Courage - just one of the wierdest cartoons I've ever seen. ;)

And Family Guy...guess it's like Will Ferrell, either you love it or hate it, and I just think it's kinda over-rated. :ph34r:

Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

The weirdest cartoon I've ever seen recently is on late at night. Betty Boop seems to be one of the characters, along with a beefy-looking superhero and some other oddballs. I can't remember the name of it and I don't see it listed anywhere in this week's TV guide. Guess they must have cancelled it?

That one was so far out of whack!!! :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Even weirder than Drawn Together was "Freak Show" about a sideshow group of Class-B superheroes.

The heroes were, if I recall:
1) Siamese twins Tuck and Benny , who had the power to separate;

2) The Tall Nebraskan - a tall redneck with the ability to shrink, but always tried to offend nobody;

3) Premie - the premature baby who speaks foreign languages and can accurately projectile vomit (secret weapon).

4) The Bearded Clam - a fat middle aged woman with a beard in a clamshell who maintains feminism and environmentalism. Her weapon is an acid tongue that squirts dissolving acid. She can also shapeshift.

5) The Log Cabin Republican - the gay conservative who transforms into a bear.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think you're thinking of Drawn Together, a Real World-style cartoon show on comedy central.

Bingo! Thanks... That was some weird shit.

and here I was thinking Comic Strips...

We've been watching the Simpsons a lot lately.

I really like the Cartoon Series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" Although I am a little upset when Nicklodean has new epidodes listed on their schedule for Friday early in the week and then they disappear later in the week (because I get my hopes up and then they get dashed...)

There are other show's I enjoy but I can't think of any I enjoy better then those two.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Loony Tunes was always a favorite. Loved watching them with my father.

Animaniacs was GREAT, Pinky & the Brain even BETTER!

Duckman was an absolute scream! I was SO disappointed when it was canceled.

Although I don't consider it a "cartoon" Robot Chicken has been my favorite TV show of the last 3 years!

ATHF, Harvey Birdman, et all (Adult Swim) are pretty funny, usually.

I really tried to get into Family Guy & South Park, but... couldn't.

The Simpsons seems to be getting less funny as time wears on.

Futurama was a blast, but I died a little inside when it was dropped from Adult Swim recently.

Dexter's Laboratory certainly had it's moments, & the Speed Racer spoof WAS funny as hell!!!

I have the full 3-box set of Rocky & Bullwinkle (first season is the best, but none are bad, if you like punishment)!

The first Fritz the Cat movie was great, after that they got too political for me.

I was subscribing to the magazine Heavy Metal when the movie was being made, so for some reason I've remembered lots of little useless bits of information about the movie (IE: during the segment B-17 the sound man got a ride in a real B-17, so what you hear in the movie (bangs, clanks, whistles & wind noise) is real B-17 noises). Probably didn't hurt that I saw it at least 10 times at local drive-ins, have on VHS, & my GF has it on DVD.

Of course, the ultimate animated movie, IMHO, is now 68 years old: Disney's FANTASIA.

Betty Boop, before the movie industry started self-policing, was really good, funny & SEXY!

Edited to add:

My avatar, Johnny Bravo, is pretty funny too. "Hey, baby."
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.