countzero

he "gets it"- what?

just curious if anyone can explain what this means.

i read in a post recently where a lady said her husband "gets it".

and in the past i've heard Dr. Laura use the phrase with her callers when refering to men.

what do they mean? what are we supposed to "get"?
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

The only way Dr. Laura is ever happy with men is if they "get" pussy-whipped.

Dr. Laura is a raving, screaming, harpy bitch and in her view all men are inherently bad and must be manipulated and controlled. That's all there is to "get."

BTW, she is a "doctor" in approximately the same way as Dr. Demento, only HE actually knows something worth listening to.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Maybe if I could get IT I would be happier.

Jello-J`s Life Lesson for Today.. (Pay Close attention).

1) Your Happiness is irrelevant. If you want IT, Get used to this fact.

2) expect IT to change from moment to moment. If you ever actually figure out what IT is, Women are contractually obligated to change the definition of IT imeadiately. No man can ever really know what IT currently is.

3) What most guys dont understand is that women do NOT want to be understood. A woman that is completely understood has no mystery or allure left.

So when a Woman is complaining that you do not understand them, That is actually not a bad thing and really quite reassuring to them deep down (Although again they are contractually obligated to never admit this).

So when a Woman is complaining that you do not understand them, That is actually not a bad thing and really quite reassuring to them deep down (Although again they are contractually obligated to never admit this).

That makes more sense than anything else I've heard all week.;) Its genious.
Muff #5048

The only way Dr. Laura is ever happy with men is if they "get" pussy-whipped.

Dr. Laura is a raving, screaming, harpy bitch and in her view all men are inherently bad and must be manipulated and controlled. That's all there is to "get."

BTW, she is a "doctor" in approximately the same was as Dr. Demento, only HE actually knows something worth listening to.

Have you ever even listened to Dr. Laura?

Have you ever even listened to Dr. Laura?

I believe I have listened enough to form my opinion.

It really doesn't take much. Believe it or not, most men can, in fact, listen to a woman talk long enough to recognize a sanctimonious hypocritical bitch when they hear one.

If you like her, you should call her and ask about her early life, the photos and how she got where she is today. See how many nano seconds it takes before she hangs up on you.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Once the nude photo scandal came to light, accusations surfaced that Schlessinger cheated on her first husband, broke up the marriage of the man who became her second husband, lived with him while unmarried, and intentionally bore a child with him out of wedlock––all things she railed against on her show, but never mentioned were part of her personal life experience.

What a great Moral Beacon she is. Atleast she was close to her Mother..

Schlessinger's mother Yolanda was found dead in her Beverly Hills, California condominium by the Beverly Hills Police Department, her body possibly having been there for more than two months

OK.. Maybe not.. But atleast she is Honest..

The credibility of Schlessinger's TV show also suffered during its first month. The New York Post and other media reported that Schlessinger had used a member of her staff more than once to falsely pose as a guest on the show. A September 25, 2000, episode named "Readin', Writin', and Cheatin' " featured a so-called college student who specialized in professional note-taking. On the next day’s show, "Getting to the Altar," the same guest appeared in different hair and makeup, and said she was a woman living with her boyfriend. In fact, the woman was San-D Duchas, a researcher for the Dr. Laura TV show. Her name even appeared in the closing credits of the shows on which she posed as a guest.

OK.. Maybe not.:P:D

Once the nude photo scandal came to light, accusations surfaced that Schlessinger cheated on her first husband, broke up the marriage of the man who became her second husband, lived with him while unmarried, and intentionally bore a child with him out of wedlock––all things she railed against on her show, but never mentioned were part of her personal life experience.

While it's extremely hypocritical, maybe that's why she's so against it now? Maybe she realized the mistakes she made and is trying to help other people not do it?

I dunno. *shrug*

While it's extremely hypocritical, maybe that's why she's so against it now? Maybe she realized the mistakes she made and is trying to help other people not do it?

I dunno. *shrug*

Either that or it is really good for ratings.
Personally I am not a fan of those that feel it is their place in life to Judge and berate/belittle others.

I don’t think it is just Dr. L.
I think it is the whole culture in the US. Male hating is all over the place. Well maybe not hating but belittling.

Have you noticed how almost every commercial on TV (That belittle someone or make fun of someone) the guy in the commercial is always the dumb ass and the woman is always the one making the right decisions or correcting her husband.
All guys are dumb, that’s why all the great inventors, and innovators have all been woman.:S

I don’t know I think the whole girls are this boys are this should be left behind in kindergarten where it belongs, but it does get annoying as it becomes more and more expectable to assume anything with a penis is less smart then anything with a vagina.

People are people.

Edited for shotgun

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Have you noticed how almost every commercial on TV the guy in the commercial is always the dumb ass and the woman is always the one making the right decisions or correcting her husband.

Glenn sacks (Fathers Rights Advocate) has been complaining about this for a while and seems to be making some progress.

http://glennsacks.com/blog/index.php?tag=brandweek

I do not agree with alot of what Glen Sacks says and does (he goes way too far sometimes) but I am glad he is out there.

Have you noticed how almost every commercial on TV the guy in the commercial is always the dumb ass and the woman is always the one making the right decisions or correcting her husband.
All guys are dumb, that’s why all the great inventors, and innovators have all been woman.:S

I doubt that the people who make commercials are concerned with what sort of message they are sending to society. I'm pretty sure their only interest is selling a product and making more money. And I'm guessing that the men who are great inventors and innovators are not spending much time watching TV, so they're probably not the target audience.

I've also noticed that most commercials for cleaning products are still aimed at women and show women doing all of the housework. Which doesn't really go along with your idea that most commercials in the US are aimed at belittling men.

Quoted from the link I posted above:

"As editor of Brandweek, a New York-based magazine that covers the nation's marketing industry, Mr. Wasserman penned a column in November bemoaning the treatment of fathers in advertising.

"The dad-as-buffoon and the anti-father imagery seemingly permeated advertising and marketing campaigns, which continually use stereotypes about men to get cheap laughs, he observed. And they are increasingly the norm.

"The letters poured in.

"'I don't think we ever got so much reaction,' said Mr. Wasserman, the father of a 5-month-old. 'That fathers are often the butt of ads and accepted as idiots, that was just commonly accepted. But for me, it just seems like a stale target, a safe target for someone trying to get an easy laugh in an ad. The more people I talked to, the more it seemed a lot of people felt that way.'"

and another quote

"Unfortunately I think a lot of ads are directed at ourselves, the marketing community, rather than the consumer," said Burnett's Cameron. "Also, one of the great markers [society] looks to about the intelligence of a woman is her choice of husband. So if advertisers position men as idiots in the husband scenario, then you're commenting on her smarts. Women have told us, 'If you want to get on my good side, you do not show my husband as the idiot.'"