SkydiveStMarys

How long have your parents been married?

They've been married 49 years and still act like they are teenagers. :)

Mine have been married 49 years too as of this past February, but they stopped acting like teenagers long before I was born. :D

My brother and I will have to put something together for their 50th next year! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wish I could say that about mine. Don't get me wrong, they love each other, but they act like an old married couple!!:ph34r: PLUS my Mom is hiding from the grim reaper, she doesn't go out much.[:/] (she literally told me that she is hiding from the Grim Reaper....[:/])Sad really but they have a cute lil condo and a fuzzy cat and she gets her hair done every wednesday. My dad is VERY active so they do clash about that from time to time. He is 83 soon to be 84 and walks or swims 3 miles a day, 5 days a week.:o:)
Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

43 years and counting. Still very much in love and have a lot of respect for each other, too. Having a blast in retirement. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My parents have been divorced[:/] for 26 years, but my grandparents will hit something like 66 or 67 years this summer. Grandpa finally gave up driving this year and although Grandma is legally blind, she still does their finances (its amazing what you can do with a light and a magnfy glass).

They are the ones that are going to do the "Funky Chicken" on their 75th wedding anniversary!*

57 years as well....... and JUNE as well....

the 23rd to be specific.....;):)
AND they still Live in the same Home , which my Dad built in 1950 -1951...( he did a good job, and then became a home builder for 35 years..) sold houses in the 50's and 60's for like 33- 35 grand.. People lived in them for 30 years or more, and then sold them for like, 450,000 - 600,000 dollars... ( the prices in the area went UP ^ ^ ^ ...)

they returned from their honeymoon ( to Vermont.... for cryin' out loud....!!!! Now WHO goes to Vermont !!!!??? for a honeymoon...?:o:SB|;)) and moved into the brick cape Cod style home...

they Raised 5 kids there, and so for us... YES we CAN go Home..... ( I can literally sleep in the same twin bed that was MINE....45 years ago, when we visit...)... ( Ok new mattress, but the same bed frame and headboard...)

Pete & Nellie Tavino....

signed,
son Number two...:)
the tree show in attachment one, was (sadly) recently cut down, and also appears in the last attachment...

June 16 for my parents.

My parents live in the same county that we grew up in and the house I was raised in is about 5 miles away, so when I go home I ALWAYS drive past just to check up on it.;) My brother lives three doors down from the high school I attended, so when I visit I get to "check" that out too.:D
Funny how things change but if you look close enough, still stay the same.....

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

My parents will be celebrating their 37th wedding anniversary in May. :)
Edited to add - I seriously do not know WHAT they were doing with those bananas. When I asked my mother, she said, "What happens in New York STAYS in New York." :|:D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Mine will be married for 57 years this June! Holy Crap! Thats a long time!!!:)
Bobbi

My parents have been divorced a lot longer than they were married. My grandparents were married 69 years until my grandmother's untimely death.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

70 years last year but they both died last year within four months of each other at 92 years old. WTH, they had a great run.:)

That's very common with older couples who have been together for a very long time. within months of one spouse passing the other dies aswell.

I like think of it as an amazing loving bond:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My parents have been divorced for 33 years. :P But my mom and stepfather have been married for 32 years, and my dad and stepmother have been married about 22 years.

That's my dad's fourth marriage. Obviously, the others didn't last so long. But at least he seems really happy in this marriage, and my mother seems happy in hers. And I like both of my step-parents, my half-brother, my two step-brothers, and my step-sister (and my "real" sister too), so I guess I can forgive my parents for the divorce. :ph34r:

My Mother and adopted Father will be married 30 years this Sept. My real Father died 19 years ago and was yet single again from his 3rd marriage. Poor man never did get it right. :S

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

I just checked my mom and step father will have been together 40 years good for them, they kinda derserve each other, and the longer they stay together the less damage they can do to anyone else:ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My folks got married in 1951. They bicker and argue constantly. I don't think they like eachother all that much but after 57 years I kinda get it.

I think, for them it's kind of like being institutionalized. After that many years its easier to stay together than leave.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne