lawrocket

Shiner Bock

Come on, Texans. I know it's like a piece of history for y'all. Like pickup trucks and hospitality (the most pleasant people I've ever been around were during my times in Texas).

But, while this may be blasphemy, Shiner Bock ain't all that.
I suppose the flaming will now begin
Why not look to Celis - a fine brewery that brews some good stuff!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Maybe its better when you're significantly closer to the brewery.

Which Shiner did you try? It wasn't the crap they put in the cans was it?

Too bad you can't get the yearly anniversary brews, those are only available in Texas and they've all been outstanding so far.:)
Either way, I'd still rather have nice Jasper Newton Daniels in my hand, but if I'm drinking beer I want a Shiner.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Which Shiner as in which one they brew? There's something like 12-15 different brews. Some are better then others. Some aren't.

Some like the beer. Some don't. There are people that like Bud too, so I guess there really is a beer for everyone.

If you like your beer, buy your beer, since a lot of the really good breweries are in danger of going under in recent months.

Ever had a good Jasper Newton Daniels? Now THAT is a good drink.:)

Shiner Bock is excellent beer. Celis (at least when it was locally brewed before it was bought out) seemed to only produce "girly" beers. Everything was raspberry or strawberry or some other bizarre flavor. They didn't have any sort of good darker ale.

And I definitely agree about their specialty brews - that stuff is really good.

I suppose the flaming will now begin
Why not look to Celis - a fine brewery that brews some good stuff!

Probably because Shiner is the only thing I drink.B|

I don't care for fruit, herbs, and spices in my brew. That, and it's a Belgian concoction and those dudes are 3/4 French >:(anyway. As Kinky would say, "I ain't contributin' to pussification!" Add in Shiner's Bocktoberfest :D:D:D:D:D with a little REK and you have to represent if you're a Texan.

Celisoberfest just ain't right.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I'm a fan of the former seasonal that is now the Shiner Black Lager. I like most of the Shiner options, but not much of an Amber fan. I'm just happy that the Black Lager will be sticking around for a while.
Killing threads since 2004.

My brother called me last month and told me that the Black Lager was out and it took me all month to find some here in Kansas. I scored the only two 6 packs left a World of Beers place & they don't know when they will have more in stock.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I'm usually only able to find the Black at one big grocery store around here, otherwise no dice. Thankfully they usually keep a reasonably good supply.

There are one or two places around here that keep it behind the bar, so hopefully that spreads.
Killing threads since 2004.

I'm taking the Shiner tour this weekend. Camping out in the parking lot.

Damn. If I wasn't working this weekend I would seriously ride my motorcycle down there. Its only a couple hours away from me.

Damn. If I wasn't working this weekend I would seriously ride my motorcycle down there. Its only a couple hours away from me.

Me and a bud are riding our motorcycles down on Saturday and taking the tour. Then we are gonna ride up toward Austin and watch the MS150 riders going from Houston to Austin.

Damn, just found out they aren't open on the weekends! Guess it'll have to wait.......