skybytch

weekend numbers?

My weekend is pretty much over; I'll start.

1 compliment from my boss on my swoop to the base:2:0

Saturday - A 5 point 9 way and an almost 3 point 10 way (I think we got that pyramid shaped one; we sure held it long enough!). A few beers and dinner with a friend from out of town who just moved to San Diego (heh. He has a Harley), then a few more beers with other friends at the dz.

Sunday - Lunch and some clothes shopping with my kid. He wants to move home! :)

He wants to move home!

Visions of Dorothy with her saying, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home." :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

why did i land off of the DZ for most of my jumps this weekend??!!! A driving range, flea market, 2 miles out in the field. it was getting a little old. =c)

had some nice jumps, 4 ways- 8 ways. Got to ride a horse at the DZ Saturday evening, got beaten with a hot poker at the bonfire, yep i'm gearing up for next weekend!!! Those annoying love bugs are out now. yuck.

frighteningly close to my 600th. yahooooo!!!

why did i land off of the DZ for most of my jumps this weekend??!!!

Cuz you believed who was spotting?

--
Lisa, congrats on your kid wanting to come home. Thats REALLY cool!
-
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

actually most of it was climbing out at a good spot but havign people fidget inside and taking too long to exit. i just plain got knocked off the plane once during climb out which was pretty funny, that was the first solo i've done in about 300 jumps!

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why did i land off of the DZ for most of my jumps this weekend??!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuz you believed who was spotting?
------------------------------------------------------------

I'm laughing with you (I hope) but I think by the looks of the crew and spectators at the new Walmart in DeLand, I was the first jumper to land in their lot a couple weeks ago?!? (beer?)

I know we know better to check our own spot, but...

I'm all for exploring new landing venues, or making unofficial demos... B|

*btw. 4, sneaking some freefly excercises into solo canopy jumps. Many beers, no mals, otherwise smooth and clean....

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Just for fun... here's a response that was spawned by visiting the Thank You Url. It brought up a pop of of the most annoying thread so I sent it to my annoying DadB|

it was a great thrill to read the world's most annoying web page. my soul was thrilled, yea, filled with rapture, with joy unbounded, with laughter soaring towards the angel filled heavens.

Click on this and you shall see :P

-----
Sorry to hijack the thread I made 0 Jumps>:(

Now back you your regularly scheduled posting.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Too Many hours spent waiting on aircraft:1:0

Between various aircraft not able to show and problems with a/c on hand, the waiting was unusual yesterday. Still had a great day, we got all the students and tourists up and they were all aptient and understanding. Thanks to the fine folk from Titusville that came up with the Caravan to give us a hand.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

0:4:1

Really gotta start working on that first number- - posting 0 is starting to get old---

It's great having people like Ladyskydiver and ZeroG on your team! You girls ROCK!

Beers for our first team dive- Many more to come!

Blues, everyone!

Easy Does It

2 final exams written : 3 final exams left to go : 1 final exam this past Saturday. Still didn't get a chance to jump that Mindwarp I got from youB|>:(:(

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

0:0:2

2 out of 3 tax returns done. Church budget 2/3 done. About 1/2 done with actions against my code package, and trying to work with the worst piece of crap design software in the universe. It'll let you do anything it's already done before, and only if you ask it nicely, and specifically, using words it's familiar with.

I hate software like that. It assumes that every single person in the known universe uses the same thought pattern. We're still norming on computer interfaces, and just assuming you've found the perfect one doesn't make it so.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

6 hours spent opening the pool

0 jumps so I'm still at 399

0 beer owed

I didn't drink any either [:/]

Tomorrow is going to hurt since I've got to get up and go to work for 5 more weeks. >:(

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

grrr since the rain is moving in the 2 jumps i was contemplating while driving back from seatac wont happen..

still

0:8:lots..

met JT and Flyguy (whos name should be Firestarter;))
8 great jumps at Perris..finally met the Bytch, some great HD dives with the Perris freaks..a lovely sunset 11 way track..first time at dinner with JT where we didnt find slugs in the food...more names and people i'm supposed to say 'hey' to at Kapowsin then i'll ever remember..

a very good weekend..

5 million(missed phone calls on my cell):13:1

Wow, it's definately jump season in the midwest. I owe 1 case of beer for my first topless jump. Managed to get the pilot to give us 16000 for being topless though. :P I got to hang out with Lolie and meet some super duper hotties!! (You know who i mean girly). I got to do a sitfly jump with slowfaller. Don't be fooled by his name, he has a good fallrate.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

0:1:1

:(

1 kickass refresher course with an awesome instructor--completely eased my apprehension from last years landing biff:$
1 case of beer paid in full-not sure as to why though. 0 actually consumed by me. shrug

It is 7:56 pm. I am so depressed I could spit. And I have been experiencing a weird case of automotive narcolepsy lately. I am going to go lie down in my donated hostel bed and stay there until these horrible sunday blues disappear. :(

1: 2 : 0

1 colum: 1 really bad landing of the 2 jumps that took place. I caught the end of the pea pod and that sent me flying forward causing me to slide in my side.

2 great jumps on the whole, my first 2 of the year.
Great way to start the year all in all. Few more weeks to solo status.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte