AggieDave

Pet Peeves (again)

Traffic lights. Especially traffic lights that stop you when no-one is on the cross street. But traffic lights in general are wasteful of energy, do not reduce accidents, and increase pollution.

I'm not implying your claims is incorrect, but do you have any studies supporting those assertions?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

the turn signal thing... I can't seem to get over how many people don't use their freakin' turn signals.

Furthermore, the turn signal should be activated BEFORE you start braking to make the turn. This gives the drivers behind you warning to start slowing down. But when you put the turn signal on after you've already started braking, it's too late!

In the U.K they're called Indicators... to indicate ones intention to change direction... but people are still pig ignorant and think they mean "Oy, I'm coming out". Very rude, at best>:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I have a similar problem with flammable and inflammable. Entirely too many of my co-workers think the latter is the opposite of the former.

when, of course, that would be 'unflammable'

or

'unflameable'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We also have a lot of lights within 50 yards of each other but not synchronized, a sure prescription for gridlock.

that's not morons doing that - how else will drivers be forced to slow down and check out all the stores in the neighborhood

stop lights - marketing tool

plus, it also give all the homeless places to stand and make cardboard signs

why do you hate the homeless so much?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Traffic lights. Especially traffic lights that stop you when no-one is on the cross street. But traffic lights in general are wasteful of energy, do not reduce accidents, and increase pollution.

I'm not implying your claims is incorrect, but do you have any studies supporting those assertions?

\

The safety studies are easy to find from the DoT link I gave previously. Here's another: www.wcroads.org/news/articles/roundabouts/safety.htm

Do you REALLY need a study to know that unnecessary stopping and starting is wasteful of energy and leads to more pollution? The cost of accelerating a mid-size car to 30mph is a straightforward engineering calculation, as is the amount of CO2 produced.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Being hit on by hot chicks all the time... enough already. I'm not a piece of meat

I get hit on by ugly chicks all the time...wanna trade? :D

umm, let me see....... I think that I'll pass, if that's O.K:D:D:D:D

(.)Y(.)

Being hit on by hot chicks all the time... enough already. I'm not a piece of meat

Can you really still call it being "hit on" if you're paying them by the minute? ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Can you really still call it being "hit on" if you're paying them by the minute? ;)

It's commerce and important or are you some sort of pinko-gay-commie-cigarette?

(.)Y(.)