BETO74

Which dog breed is the best? Why?

What she said. Boxers aren't really the smartest dogs, or the most tractable (in most cases), but they win top marks for unrestrained goofiness, lazy time cuddling, and all around fun...plus they don't shed and their prey drive is low enough to house them with cats and even pet rabbits & birds. Every day when I get home from work, Minka goes crazy, wiggling, bouncing, and kidney-beaning for whatever attention I'll give her, and she starts woo-wooing if I make her wait. It's one of the highlights of each of my days. :$:D

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The Lab that just adopted me is the best :-) Super smart and even when she's being naughty sneaking cat food and such she just looks so happy and overjoyed its hard to be mad at her!

Wouldn't count on her stopping a burglar though - she'd just love the company!

Standard French Poodle, they are big, they dont shed and are hypoalergenic. They have hair, not fur. They are some of the smartest, loyal, protective dogs out there.
They were bread for hunting and retrieving. Did i mention mine is the coolest dog ever!
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

A rambunctious Jack Russell Terrier. Fun Luvin and playful and always in need of attention and if the dog is trained well they won't tear up things. One of my neighbors has a female brown and white jack named sparkles and she is friendly as all get out and is one happy dog and is well mannered.

Chris

Standard French Poodle, they are big, they dont shed and are hypoalergenic. They have hair, not fur. They are some of the smartest, loyal, protective dogs out there.
They were bread for hunting and retrieving. Did i mention mine is the coolest dog ever!

I agree.

Megan as a puppy. :)
Edited to add: She was a rescue from a puppy mill.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Rescue mutts are best! I've got two; a pitt bull/lab mix and and a terrier mix. The best dogs ever!!

There are so many great dogs that need good homes...why give your money to a puppy breeder??

Word.:P

"Don't let the bon-bons give you a fat ass. Merry X-mas!" - Skydemon2

Is Your Dog Codie sort of like a Jack Russell Terrier Mix?

He is a American pit bull terrier mix. I'm not sure what else is in him though. It would be cool to know. Any guesses anybody. I think he is to big to have jack Russell. He is 50lbs and 8 months old, but you never know:)
Fly like a girl

Get a Rotty X! I have never had a pure bread. We always have mutts. A year ago we got Shleby a Rotty Shepard Husky. Smart and funny. Makes me laugh till my gut hurts at least once a day. Does strange things. She is great stress relief!

Boxers, duh! :D

There are lots of great dog breeds out there, but my favorite has always been the boxer dog. There are other smarter dogs out there, but nothing compares to the wiggly love of a nub-tailed, lap dog boxer.

I have had other dogs, and now that I have a boxer (which I've wanted forever) I don't think I'll ever go without having one. They're awesome all around. :)

This is my Ace:
http://www.raspydesign.com/boxer10.jpg

http://www.raspydesign.com/boxer11.jpg

I'll second that! Love my slobbering lap dog!

:)
'Shell

Thats a nice looking boxer. Is been my favorite for a long time but I live in a condo they desrve more space, I had one brown with white socks, white paws pretty cool

Thanks. And yeah, he does like to run! When I get home from work, he bounds out the back door, out on the patio, up the stairs onto the deck and waits for me to open the patio doors. Then runs a circuit a few times like that before he finds the sunny spot on the deck and stretches out in it!

:)
'Shell

but the one that stands out is the Boston Terrier, smart, fun very lovely dogs. whats your opinion?

Bostons are great,but you have to have alot of energy to keep up with them b/c they're very hyper energetic dogs.I had one for 3yrs and she was very smart and devious and SO full of energy.When she'd go into a running spell it was like indoor NASCAR with her running around all the furniture.:DThey are smart and very loving and good for a small space like an apartment.But, she was always partial to my husband so I transferred her papers to him in the divorce.

Now I'm back home and just got a German Shepard,Tucker, last week and hes adorable, smart, funny and very loving.His previous owners flew him here from across seas to the US and his pedigree is all in German!I was shocked that they gave up such a great (and very expensive) dog for free.But it turns out their son is ill and they just couldnt take care of him b/c they didnt have time.I drove over 200miles each way to pick him up though and he is well worth it.Hes trained and has become my protective buddy...not to mention the only man in my life now:$

We also have a Boxer,which I've always loved and grew up with when I was younger.Gypsy is a big ol happy lap dog!

Pics attached.The first is Tucker and the second is Gypsy.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

My little Boston is six and she is HYPER to say the least, very smart dog and I mean smart! something similar hapened to me my exgirlfriend kept the dog, Delilah is the dogs name she is verycaring of her and my ex have more time than I do to takecare of her, one thing that pronted me to start is my ex sends me pictures of Delilah regularly. is funny how we think of dogs as an extended family .
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

The character of the individual dog is all important and way more so than the the breed.

That hits the nail on the head !
Staffys have charactor :-)
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !