BGill

Point Break 2 - oh yes, it's true!

[url= 'http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSj1qrCJ9Hs&mode=related&search=']Point break skydiving scene[/url] I would love to start quoting from it, but there are just too many, '1000ft, you pull', 'speed star' the list is endless...

Hmmm.... I'm gonna have to watch the movie again, the skydiving scene I remember was different.

But by the way, I did make some 70+ jumps out of that king air when it was based at my home DZ one year.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2. They need to make "Swoop" the central character.

Swoop was a character in the movie Dropzone, not Cutaway.

Now that is just sad when the best thing I remember about that movie didn't even happen in that movie.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

...and Eli will be filming an episode of Stunt Junkies from the set. And you can bet your ass they'll have a shot where Bodhi cracks open a can of Go Fast in freefall and says "I love this Go Fast shiiiiiit!!!!!"

Now the big question will be: Which ex-president mask will Jeb be wearing for the landing? Clinton?B| Dubya?:S And of course the wingsuit will have "Air Force One" emblazoned on the side.

NO not BILL clinton.... Hilary
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

So the sequel will begin in Indonesia with him getting out of that monstrous wipe-out at the end of the first film...

That was Australia. Let's hope that they get better Aussie accents in this one :).
I think they were real aussies in that scene:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This could be cool and loosing Reeves would not be all that bad if they could keep Gary Busey, Lori Petty and maintain a really, really good storyline.....It would also help to have Kathy Biglow direct it......but I am sure that is asking way to much from Hollywood........As most all sequels, it will probably suck.[:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

This is one movie that I will see when it comes out on netflicks.... Sure hate the squal type movies. How are people be so TSTO to watch them. Hollyweed thinks that since one was a hit, two, three, four, and etc will be a smash.

Rarely are they. They just get lammer....

Just my thoughts on it.
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

Hmmm.... I'm gonna have to watch the movie again, the skydiving scene I remember was different.

But by the way, I did make some 70+ jumps out of that king air when it was based at my home DZ one year.

What DZ was that King air from. I try to read the stickers in it every time I saw the movie on TV but couldn't make them out
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

What is wrong with that?

I didn't even do AFF, I watched the freefall scenes like 100 times, forget my log book, and bought a right of ebay.

:ph34r::P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I have been able to read for over a few weeks now. I didnt see anything that even slightly hinted that any skydiving was in the sequel.

I never said there was.

Likely there won't be. But if there is, it'll be sweet...

I swear I'm not making this up. The script synopsis:

When Billy Dalton, military special ops and star surfer, is disqualified from the pro-surfing tour, he takes off for the coast of Bali looking for the perfect wave. While there he’s recruited by a private security force who are trying to find a gang known as The Bush Administration, surfing outlaws and modern day pirates who work like “The Ex-Presidents,” a bank robbing crew from Malibu twenty years ago.

Reference:http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4865&Itemid=99
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No thanks, I'm still waiting for Gypsy Moths II . . .

"When you turn on by falling free... when jumping is not only a way to live, but a way to die, too... you're a Gypsy Moth!" - the film's tagline.

They'd have to get someone new to film the aerial scenes as Carl Boenish is gone. But at least the stunts in this movie were more or less real and even today are still considered hairball . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gypsy_Moths

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064397/

You can buy this film on Amazon for about $10. And just Deborah Kerr in that pearl necklace is worth that . . .

NickD :)

And just Deborah Kerr in that pearl necklace is worth that . . .

After that comment, and looking at the ratings, it just occurred to me that having seen it ages ago on network TV in a mid-afternoon time slot, there must be some juicy bits I've never seen.

So I just added it to my NetFlix queue.:D

No thanks, I'm still waiting for Gypsy Moths II . . .

Just watched the DVD rental last night. It was better than I recalled.
Of course it helped that I was watching it in color on a widescreen, as opposed to b&w on a 4:3 broadcast the first time. It was also obvious there was some T&A edited out in the broadcast version.

One oddity: There were at least two places where the audio had been re-dubbed on the DVD. Wonder what that was about?

I still think the movie is best watched by fast-forwarding through the soap opera sections, and just watching the air-show parts.

One thing I couldn't make out: Immediately after "The Kid" does the cape jump and opens at ~300', he is standing there with Hackman in his face (and the crowd around them) saying something about the ripcord. I replayed the scene and still couldn't tell what was said.

Hackman is saying that when you pull you really pull it kid.

He ripped the ripcord out, despite the black death ripcord stop if my memory is right.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P