DFWAJG

Moving Sucks!

I'm so tired of packing. >:(

Yes it does suck. I have less than 2 weeks to get everything packed before the moviers come to get my stuff. I'm not even close to being done.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I had two weeks to get all of my packing done as well. *sigh* I'm a major procrastinator (OK, there, I admitted my big flaw) ...
Don't put it off D2...seriously..you'll regret it. I was on the 3rd floor and overestimated how much I could fit in moving truck versus what I would take in my car and ended up leaving several things behind that I could actually use right now.
Get your grove on...get it done!:D

I know how you feel. :| I moved a little more than a month ago, got tired of packing things nicely and just started throwing things in boxes. :S It made unpacking not so easy. B| I still have a few boxes I haven't even touched yet. I guess the stuff isn't important since I'm not missing it.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I always get those computer-paper boxes. Sturdy and they have lids. They can be stacked 5 high and moved easily by a mover with a hand-truck. If you are paying a short haul mover by the hour, that saves a lot of money.

Also, when packing, I don't sort. Everything from a drawer goes into a box. I figure it out when I unpack.
I know people who organize. They spend days doing what I do in hours. Plus, most people re-organize when arriving at their new place.

I lived in apartments for a total of 15 years and moved often.

For short moves, the movers could load the truck in 75 minutes, drive to the new place, then unload in 45-60 minutes. Saving them time, saves me money.

A year and half ago, my wife and I moved 150-miles to our new digs. You are so right about the computer boxes! Where she worked, they got all new computers and we got the boxes! We started-out, being so careful about organizing our stuff but, after about a week, the boxes were marked 'ASSORTED STUFF'! While we were trying to sell our old house, we rented a storage building in our 'new' town. Each weekend, we'd load up a 16' flatbed trailer and make a trip. It absolutely amazed us as to how, we got all that 'stuff' in that little house!:D We are NEVER moving again!>:(

Chuck

Yup, got lots of paper boxes from work. They work great for books. And I have a LOT of those. Sent "the wife" out for two more giant Sterlite wheeled containers to pack the last of the bedroom. The kitchen is down to a few things on the counter-top and what is left in the dishwasher. House keeper is on her way to clean up behind us. Doggie poops are all cleaned up from the backyard. Whew! what a day. Tomorrow we head out to the coast!

I know how you feel. :| I moved a little more than a month ago, got tired of packing things nicely and just started throwing things in boxes. :S It made unpacking not so easy. B| I still have a few boxes I haven't even touched yet. I guess the stuff isn't important since I'm not missing it.

When I move and get tired of packing (ie feeling overwhelmed by all there is to pack), I start to throw stuff away.

It's great for the packrat in me but hard when Christmas comes and you can only find 1/2 of the Christmas tree stand. :S

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I lived in apartments for a total of 15 years and moved often.

Sounds like you need to keep a lower profile.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

When I move and get tired of packing (ie feeling overwhelmed by all there is to pack), I start to throw stuff away.

It's great for the packrat in me but hard when Christmas comes and you can only find 1/2 of the Christmas tree stand. :S

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day:D.

The housekeeper is gone and the place looks better than when I moved in here. All of the boxes are loaded on the truck with room to spare for last minute things. I'm pooped and relieved that the move is finally here, but a little disappointed that the heated pool doesn;t feel so heated. I really wanted to take a nice dip in it tonight. Oh well. :)

I feel your pain!B| I'm getting there slow but sure. I just finished up my bedroom about 20 minutes ago.:)
I have piles of boxes in the dining room. Some go with me and some are being donated. I'm also trashing a good bit. I'll be glad when I'm in and settled at my new home.:)

"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

I almost made it though the kids room. Started it yesterday and tossed out 8 large bags of garbage. How does a 7 yr old end up with so much crap?

I think 2 more days of packing and I will be done. Movers are coming the 16th so I am doing good so far.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly