brianfry713

Weekend numbers July 19-20, 2008

:):3:0

3 fun jumps at Kapowsin....in a Caravan with the Grand Caravan sitting there in the hanger:(.. and the Otter having issues:(

Got in a Jump with Tim.. a friend of Tom Browns...and got Flying Squirrel back in the air after over a year of no jumping for her.

No Mitchells to be seen anywhere[:/]

I do have a friend here at work that is now thinking seriously of doing a Tandem....I showed her Johns picture... I think that seals the deal;)

Oh the Dolphin with the 9 cell Clipper got jumped by Fying Squirrel on her coach jump .. so its all set for a certain boing boing boing boingy person to try it out..B|

:|:3:0

Two tandems and a 12,000' chop on a sunset cross country. :S:D

Blues,
Dave

I was wondering who that was under the yellow canopy.;)

:)

4 tandems
1 coach jump
1 cross country from 12,000
1 vid of a coach jump
1 6 way RW thingy
1 tracking Dive
3 Free Flys
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Got in a Jump with Tim.. a friend of Tom Browns

Did Tim tell you I met him on a flight back from Phoenix in April 07? We ended up spending the whole flight talking skydiving ... him telling me "no shit there I was" stories from "back in the day" and me filling him in on how things are in the sport today. It took about till touchdown in Seattle till we put two and two together and I realized that the "my friend Tom" he'd been talking about the whole flight was Tom Brown. It ended with the two of us waiting at baggage claim and him eyeing my rolly case and finally asking "is your rig in there? Can I look at it?" ... and then professing his shock that it was a lot smaller than he expected (bear in mind that I have a 210 and a 218 in there!)

Sorry I missed him but I was having an amazingly productive weekend getting stuff done around the house that really needed to get done and that kind of energy doesn't come over me very often.

Yeah he mentioned it... when he figured out who I was.. .... something about fastest woman in the world or some such..... I told him... no.... not officialy since in competition I only own the American record....;) Practice or training jumps don't count for records in the speed skydiving world.

We did chat at length though about...."back in the day"...since my D license is a couple thousand lower than his;)

Sorry I missed him but I was having an amazingly productive weekend getting stuff done around the house that really needed to get done and that kind of energy doesn't come over me very often.

That has been my problem since I got back from Skyfest.. 700' of post and rail horse fence as well as all the other projects like the dog kennel that I had been putting off for the last 4 years:S

I figured I needed a day to get Raquel back to the DZ.. put her rig together for her and get her current.
Hell the Triathalon she bought back in the fall of 2006 had not even been put into her rig to replace the Sabre that she crashed when it ripped on her jump at LP that she tore her ACL on

Just a simple cross country. Dave's Diablo bag-locked for awhile, then opened with line twists, which turned into a spinning mal. At 12,000. Last load of Saturday night.

And nobody followed his shit down.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis