BillyVance

What classic movies have you watched recently on TV?

That you hadn't seen for close to 15 or 20 years?

Last night after the Olympic coverage ended, it was "Christine" about the nerd and killer car he restored, created from a Stephen King book.

This morning it was "Stir Crazy" with the offbeat humor of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder.

Blade: The rodeo clown is the most DANGEROUS job, 'cause he gets CLOSEST to the BULL. He gets the BEST of the BULL! HOOK to the left! HOOK to the right! And if the bull rider's in trouble, he's gotta protect him, even if it means gettin' his ribs pulled out, or bein' freight-trained...
Harry Monroe: Freight-trained?
Blade: Run over, just like a freight train, only with a bull, it's worse, cause a freight train don't BACK UP and FINISH the JOB. Later on I'll show you how to lie out on the stretcher when the ambulance comes.

Harry Monroe: "aw shit"
(bull charges)
Blade: "congratulations! you found the word!"
:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Paper Moon:

Moses Pray: I got scruples too, you know. You know what that is? Scruples?
Addie Loggins: No, I don't know what it is, but if you got 'em, it's a sure bet they belong to somebody else!

Watch that movie every time its on.:D:D

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Hrold & Kumar go to White Castle. B|

You know what? I haven't seen Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure in a long time. I need to go queue that up in my netflix account. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot - One of Clints' best.

Clint's? Hell, Bridges was the best part!

[in the middle of a car chase while being pursued by gunmen]

Bridges: "You know at times like this, you can't take your hands off the wheel for a minute, see?"

[lifts hands off of wheel]

Eastwood: "PUT YOUR HANDS BACK ON THE WHEEL!!!"
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Iron Eagle was on AMC this afternoon while I was getting ready to go to the DZ. That doesn't quite count since I've seen it in the past 20 years. Actually I made my wife watch it a few months ago when it was on AMC because she was apparently raised as a communist and had never seen it growing up.:D

I don't know if Iron Eagle counts as a "classic movie" to most, but it does to me.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You do realize that anytime you watch a movie on TV, it has been hacked up by the network censors?
When I watch a classic movie, it is via a NetFlix DVD.
When I first got NetFlix, I went through a lot of Hitchcock films.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I was watching "Apollo 13" the other night on AMC. The people running tv should be shot. Right during re entry(yes I know how it ends!) in the lower one third of the screen come up a huge ad for "Mad Men", some new series. WTF! During entire movies they pop that shit up on the screen.
And why can't I watch the news without streaming bullshit flowing across the bottom of my screen?
Or a sporting event without some lame ass new show being touted across the picture?
Rant over, carry on...