Andy_Copland

Tripe

Check out this link.
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/340224

I'm sure you can find chorizo wannabe variations, but that REAL chorizo flavor comes from the lymph nodes etc! I'm not sure whether the lymph nodes are checked by a pathologist for tumor or infection. Perhaps the malignant ones are more tasty!

Check out the ingredients listed on the Farmer John and Jimmy Dean packages.

Well, if I read it correctly, the link you posted was some guy complaining about a cheap grocery store variation of Chorizo, NOT the "real" stuff. The flavor comes from the seasoning and the fat, and I am sure that some brands and even the fresh chorizo from the meat counter do contain questionable "by products", just like hot dogs and other sausages. But if you object, whatever you do, don't get fresh carnitas from your local Mexican grocery store! They pretty much use the whole pig! My boyfriend is particularly fond of the ears!

I was born on the east coast. To this day, one of my mother's favorite foods is scrapple, and anyone who visits New Jersey knows to bring some back for her. Tasty stuff, but I know better than to read the label, and I'm just as happy that we only have it once or twice a year!

I tried pickled pigs feet, the taste was not too bad. It was just the texture that got to me.

Anyone who says this food looks bad is a liar
:P

you fat turd Andy :S why do you always talk about food or send me pics of you eating food ! you will end up like Fat bastard from the Austin powers movie:D:D

seriously I always new you where full of.....................tripe mate ;):D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. The last time I checked, the chorizo I buy in the store did not contain those ingrediants. I'm not sure where pyrodude gets his though.

Heh--probably from the Mexicans who know their products will be sold to AMERICANS! :D

But, keep in mind that pretty much any ground sausage you buy will contain some icky stuff as "filler". I'll eat chorizo because its yummy. Hot dogs on the other hand?????

I stick to hot dogs that are understood to be made with quality ingredients: Boar's Head, Hebrew National, and I'll dip down as far as Nathan's and Sabrett. (I love the Sabrett ones that snap--"natural casing franks." It's like eating meat wrapped in a lambskin condom! (Wait, I prolly shouldn't have said that... :D)
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I must say though I used to enjoy a hungarian-style stew made entirely of pigs' feet. I loved the sticky quality caused by all the gelatin cooking out of them. I couldn't eat it now, I would probably get deathly ill...B|

Better to just have a nice beef goulash over buttered egg noodles.

Holy fuck, I am so hungry for that now!!
Imaginations on fire

I tried pickled pigs feet, the taste was not too bad. It was just the texture that got to me.

Sorry, there's something tan and fleshy-looking in the top center that (god help me) made me think of Hannibal Lecter butchering a vagina and serving it in soup.

(That's not an appealing thought no matter how much one likes to eat pussy.) :S:(
Imaginations on fire

I have no room to talk.

Last night {and many times before} I ate two bags of pork rinds.

The largest pig organ. For those of you that wanna know.....

It is the skin of the pig deep fried. Variations include seasoning with hot, spicy stuff and oil vinegar seasoning.

I've been eating them for years! Yummy.
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

Well, if I read it correctly, the link you posted was some guy complaining about a cheap grocery store variation of Chorizo, NOT the "real" stuff. The flavor comes from the seasoning and the fat, and I am sure that some brands and even the fresh chorizo from the meat counter do contain questionable "by products", just like hot dogs and other sausages. But if you object, whatever you do, don't get fresh carnitas from your local Mexican grocery store! They pretty much use the whole pig! My boyfriend is particularly fond of the ears!

I was born on the east coast. To this day, one of my mother's favorite foods is scrapple, and anyone who visits New Jersey knows to bring some back for her. Tasty stuff, but I know better than to read the label, and I'm just as happy that we only have it once or twice a year!

The ears are great, and so are the tails, pigs are a magical animal, so many different meats on just one animal!

I stick to hot dogs that are understood to be made with quality ingredients: Boar's Head, Hebrew National, and I'll dip down as far as Nathan's and Sabrett. (I love the Sabrett ones that snap--"natural casing franks." It's like eating meat wrapped in a lambskin condom! (Wait, I prolly shouldn't have said that... :D)

You dirty, dirty girl....you need a spanking!;)B|

I have no room to talk.

Last night {and many times before} I ate two bags of pork rinds.

The largest pig organ. For those of you that wanna know.....

It is the skin of the pig deep fried. Variations include seasoning with hot, spicy stuff and oil vinegar seasoning.

I've been eating them for years! Yummy.

We call them Pork Scratchings and they're ace.

There's only 1 part of the pig that can't be eat.... and that's the sqeak.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Sorry Andy, but that looks like something they made you to eat on Fear Factor. :P
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo